The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Need a "Strategic Launch Detected" equivalent in Demigod

By on June 13, 2009 2:54:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just recently start playing supcom:FA again, and I cant believe how good it feel to hear those words and seeing a big explosion. Even being in the recieving end feel pretty good.

So... some nice epic way to end the game? It can also serve as a table turner for an epic come back, which encourage people to stay till the end.

Maybe finger of god should be changed into something ammo based (pay once fire once) that can even wipe building off the map? With some cool down of course (so you don't get people spamming gold and nuke things inside out). I think 5 minute cool down with 13000 gold sounds about right if it doesnt kill everything in 1 shot. (5 minute was the normal built time for missle silo nukes in supcom, and I feel that is about right)

Or maybe some artifact with such ability in 25k range.

Someone talented in GPG or stardock can probably work out the detail. Naturally I don't see this appearing any time soon.

Regardless, I want epicness.

pew pewing with weapon .05% size of the entire screen isn't very epic.

+4 Karma | 6 Replies
June 13, 2009 4:57:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

problem is, that in SC and SC:FA, games took alot longer... a small mistake could be undone by proper gameplay or tactics. Building a nuke launcher was a choice, maybe even a gamble, since ur foe could build a defensive system alot quicker.

A nuke-like weapon in DG will only result in a faster death for the losing party, since they are most of the time outleveled or low on cash, while the winners can nuke their asses off.

But more epicness should be fine, maybe larger blast area upgrades for trebuches or something, in cost of reloadtime.

June 13, 2009 3:10:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think that the Finger of God is an ideal mechanism for this. The FoG at the moment is a joke, and it's not cheap to boot. Nuke would be awesome.

June 13, 2009 3:43:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suggested this back in the beta, would love to see this in there.

June 13, 2009 5:29:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What about a one-off, mega giant, or equivalent?  "The Forces of Darkness have summoned the Master of Death!"  It would come with the next wave and walk slowly to the enemy stronghold, giving plenty of reaction time.  It would be a gamble, as it would give gold and experience on death, but it would wreck havok and draw the attention of your opponent, letting you slip in for some portal capping.

June 13, 2009 9:33:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or give the finger a really low rate of fire (like, once a minute or something), but with a giant independance-day beam, and a countdown/target beacon before it hits... or damage over time, like, drain 500 hp/s for 10 seconds in the area. Players can get out with partial damage, but it'll take out structures nicely.

June 18, 2009 2:02:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always wonder what the person really expects the finger of god to accomplish. It would be cool to see a more epic result.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.