The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Remove Crucible From the Game

Because I hate this map with a passion.

By on June 5, 2009 6:35:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please, for the love of Demigod, remove this map from the game. Words cannot describe how much I hate it. A tower Rook or anyone with QoT as an ally is practically unstoppable on this map. And I've played against both on this map. At the same time. Twice.

At the very least, can someone tell me how to beat this insane combo? 

Thanks for the help and for listening to my whining.

+26 Karma | 13 Replies
June 5, 2009 7:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you can't beat em, join em.

Of course once you join em their weaknesses become more apparent.

June 5, 2009 7:13:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol....So, because you lose on this map, they should remove it? That seems a little silly to me. if you don't like it, don't play it. But I'd recommend doing a normal skirmish match with the tower Rook or the QoT and see if the nightmare AI can find a crack somewhere, if your any good at playing that type of DG.

June 5, 2009 7:16:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this map is broken

June 5, 2009 7:23:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zap2111,
Lol....So, because you lose on this map, they should remove it? That seems a little silly to me. if you don't like it, don't play it. But I'd recommend doing a normal skirmish match with the tower Rook or the QoT and see if the nightmare AI can find a crack somewhere, if your any good at playing that type of DG.

It's not so much that I to lose on it, as it is that this map is about as balanced as a table missing two of its legs. As for playing other DG Rook is too slow for my taste and QoT is usually forced into a support role, which again isn't my style.

June 5, 2009 7:25:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I quite enjoy Crucible from time to time, but it is too highly focused on select strategies.

June 5, 2009 9:16:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I personally don't care for the map..nor Prison. But i don't want them taken from the game. I simply dont play them and tend not to join custom games that are using them.

If i get it in the Panth...then bad luck, i knew that goingin it would be possible and i have to live with it.

Your right though, tower Rook and QoT are unstoppable on Crucible IMHO, i havent seen a way to beat them...not with Reg or TB anyway.....

June 5, 2009 10:39:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Crucible is the biggest and most obvious bug in Demigod.

June 5, 2009 10:43:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I personally dislike Prison MUCH more than Crucible.

I agree that the backdoor teleport crap is just dumb. And I am not a fan of the one lane idea. But meh... I've honestly only played on it a few times (don't play much pantheon yet) and I usually win. So I'm sure that's clouding my opinion.

June 5, 2009 11:43:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Most of my Pantheon games end up taking place on Crucible. I don't play Pantheon anymore.

June 6, 2009 4:47:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How can a map be unfair if it's mirrored? Same chances for both teams, and if you lose that means it's your own fault and that you didn't play it the right way.

June 6, 2009 4:59:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How can a map be unfair if it's mirrored?

its just a pain in the ass when there is a clear winning team, but takes an extra 20mins for them to actually finish it.

June 6, 2009 6:30:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One day we shall be able to concede properly.

/eargerly waiting

June 6, 2009 9:22:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Schobbo,
How can a map be unfair if it's mirrored? Same chances for both teams, and if you lose that means it's your own fault and that you didn't play it the right way.

You actually think that if something is symetrical it's automatically balanced?

The DG that has the upperhand can monopolize the single lane and make it impossible to make a comeback. If the enemy has QoT constantly bramble shielding him he never has to leave the lane except to get better items, which he will probably only do after killing you, so by the time you respawn he's back and with better items. On a bigger map I could avoid him and farm creeps in a different lane, but here I can't, so the game becomes 40 minutes of me constantly retreating behind my towers and watching him slowly push up my lane.

The only "right" way to play on this map is as Rook or QoT.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.