The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

5 kill rule in 3v3, 4v4.

By on June 4, 2009 10:36:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are just too many bad pugs. I've decided that a 0-5 kill rule is autoquit.

If the combined team is 0-5 before they get a single kill, i leave 100% of games. These games are simply unwinnable.

+1 Karma | 40 Replies
June 4, 2009 10:42:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I beg to differ.  My last game was a 1-7 against us and we still won by capping portal flags.  My quit limit is 0-11. That when I pretty much know we are done.

June 4, 2009 10:50:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I totally disagree.

I was in a 2v1 and I had 23 kills to there 0 kills and they still won (thanks to giants).  I wan in another 2v2 that I was down 7 kills to 1 and we came back and crushed.

June 4, 2009 10:50:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man I hate losing but honestly that's when I learn the most

June 4, 2009 10:57:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are just too many bad pugs. I've decided that a 0-5 kill rule is autoquit.

If the combined team is 0-5 before they get a single kill, i leave 100% of games. These games are simply unwinnable.

lol?

June 4, 2009 11:27:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

uh... thats not very forgiving. comebacks can happen. i was expecting you to say if a SINGLE PLAYER goes 5 deaths in a row without contributing anything then you'll quit. i would too. can't stand playing while handicapped by a feeder. however, i've been in plenty of games where my team takes a few early deaths than gets a bit smarter and pulls it out in the end. 

June 4, 2009 11:42:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exactly. I couldn't have put it better myself. You should never stick around in these games. Ever. 
Learning how to turn them around, or at the very least learn how to better handle yourself in these situations, is pointless because you should never lose a game or be in a difficult situation that requires strategy or tactics to get themselves out of. You should win all games, all the time, by a clear margin. No exceptions.

[/sarcasim]

June 5, 2009 12:18:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Step 1:  Get in a clan

Step 2: ?????

Step 3: You win

June 5, 2009 1:01:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ferm1nc,
Step 1:  Get in a clan

Step 2: ?????

Step 3: You win

Oh you mean you should stack PUGs? Won't that be fun...

Go back to CS.

June 5, 2009 1:34:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Get friends or don't bitch fool.

June 5, 2009 1:35:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds like someone needs some friends

June 5, 2009 1:48:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uh rolling pugs is for scrubs. Anyone can do that.

June 5, 2009 2:21:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RainFall2112,
Uh rolling pugs is for scrubs. Anyone can do that.

You act like there's a big enough community for friends to really do much else.

June 5, 2009 2:43:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

0-5 is a bit low.

June 5, 2009 2:46:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

Play against each other?

June 5, 2009 3:00:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting woppin,

Quoting Obscenitor, reply 12
Play against each other?
This may sound crazy, but I think most people prefer to play with their friends, not so much against them.

June 5, 2009 3:30:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You know I hear that making friends does a lot of wonders, for many aspects in life.

June 5, 2009 3:41:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

This may sound crazy, but I think most people prefer to play with their friends, not so much against them.

And most people prefer to play in a game that isnt over before it has started. I stopped insisting on being on the same team as my friends once I realised it was going to seriously skill stack the teams and make the game boring for everyone.

Quoting kstampy,
You know I hear that making friends does a lot of wonders, for many aspects in life.

If you want to be a smartass about it, then fine. But what is being said is that people shouldnt go and play Demigod online without having their friends with them, because they're going to get stomped by a gang of 3 buddies and that is OK.

I disagree that this is OK, I don't play alone very often but when I do it would be nice to have a decent match up once in a while rather than getting rolled over by an organised team.

You want to scrim? Go organise one. Find a team to play against or play against your friends. Otherwise stop being such poor sports and even the damn teams up.

June 5, 2009 8:05:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very viable rule.

But imho 5 is a little low. Especially with Oak I die often at the start because the character is very fragile before ~lvl5 and own the team in lategame.

So 0-8 or 0-10 would be a more reasonable value to quit.

I hope they implement a "surrender button" that way we all could spend moretime on matches which deserve that name.

I wouldn't be suprised if people which waste their time on premades which stomp em (which normaly  takes nontheless 20mins) are mostly masochists

June 5, 2009 8:17:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then be a man and go down with the ship. Otherwise you are just a ragequitter.

June 5, 2009 8:25:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Raknor,

I can't wait 'till concede and insta-win when other team quits gets implemented.

As a doctoral student, I should not have to waste good percentage of the few hours a week I have for leisure sitting through the latter half of a farmfest after I have determined there is no viable means to win just so people don't label me a rage quitter.

June 5, 2009 8:29:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Raknor,

Why? Ignoring any 0-5 rule, the game is over and theres no need to continue. You say "gg" and that is the end of the game, you have conceded. There is no surrender button, but if there were it would be invoked in this instance.

People playing Starcraft dont wait for their entire base to be destroyed, they say gg and leave, it is how you concede a game and it is not necessarily "ragequitting" or anything to be frowned upon.

Ragequitting is leaving before the game has been decided, ie. after getting killed once or twice.

EDIT: Squash beat me to it

June 5, 2009 8:36:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I completely disagree, I've won games while losing 1-14 on the kills count.

June 5, 2009 8:42:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RamzaBehoulve,
I completely disagree, I've won games while losing 1-14 on the kills count.

Were you ahead on War Score?

I can see your point, but it's pretty apparent when your team is going to lose. If you are a lower level, have no kills, many deaths, are significantly behind on war score, your enemy has several thousand more HP than you and never seems to run out of mana ... you are going to lose. There is no need to continue the game, it is settled. This isnt ragequitting.

I have won games where I have lost on every one of those measures EXCEPT War Score.

June 5, 2009 11:24:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting woppin,

Why? Ignoring any 0-5 rule, the game is over and theres no need to continue. You say "gg" and that is the end of the game, you have conceded. There is no surrender button, but if there were it would be invoked in this instance.

People playing Starcraft dont wait for their entire base to be destroyed, they say gg and leave, it is how you concede a game and it is not necessarily "ragequitting" or anything to be frowned upon.

Ragequitting is leaving before the game has been decided, ie. after getting killed once or twice.

EDIT: Squash beat me to it

GG and quiting is not as bad as what most people do.  You either have a silent teammate or one who swears for 5 minutes before then pulling the cord and causing everyone to wait 30secs. 

A gg when the match is lost and pressing end game is not so bad.

June 5, 2009 11:45:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played a 3v3 on Crucible where one of our allies disconnected very early so it was 2Players+1AI vs 2 Players.

My remaining ally swore about how I sucked for 15 minutes even though we were winning and had them bottled up near their citadel.  They had a money advantage but we owned the map and we had a warscore advantage and they couldn't go spend any of their money on artifacts since they could not get to the flag to cap it.

When the other team made a good push to recover territory my teammate swore again about how I sucked then ragequit even though the game was far from over and we still had the advantage.  After he left I was able to push the other team back and even get a few hits on their citadel but eventually lost b/c the AI was not able to effectively help with the push and keep them bottled up and they eventually got to the artifact shop and it was all over after that.

If my ally had not abandoned ship at the first sign of difficulty we might have pushed all the way to victory.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.