The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Trolls : Explain to me

I r confused!

By on June 4, 2009 12:46:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As i put in the subtitle... "I r confused".

Basically i am. I've been on the internet for quite some time in my life id like to think and um ... ive found out trolls on forums are GENERALLY people who just post all dayand always seem to respond to a thread right quick (like reply after reply).

Lately i have been seeing a ton of things ... such as in this thread for example.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/354889

Now some people might not like the "

So basically i want someone to lay it out for me. Whats a troll? My understanding is someone who just refreshes the forums every 5 mins to see new posts and post... THATS a troll.

Aparently posting AT ALL is now trolling. So we are all trolls? Or what?

Explain.

(And b 4 someone says it yeah i can be a troll and i know it so thx. But most of my trolling was trying to help ppl w/ proxy and BSODs).

+8 Karma | 5 Replies
June 4, 2009 12:59:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are two uses of the word troll. I think you are using the less common of the two.

Yeah, trolling can be used to describe people who lurk 24-7 and hop right on posts all day long.

More often, trolling is about the attitude. Is somebody just laying down flamebait all day long?

Are they pointing out the negative parts of what people say and ignoring their valid responses?

Mostly people troll either for self satisfaction. i.e., making easy jokes and doing things 'for the lulz.' Otherwise, they may be working on some type of imfamous fourm reputation that the kids all think is so cool.

Meh. Trolls have their place. Some people take it too far. Some people aren't trolling. They are just assholes. Trolls are almost always trying to be funny. Often at the expense of other posters.

/wall of text

//$.02

June 4, 2009 12:59:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No,no. You've got it all wrong. Trolls are people who report problems about the game and give legitimate complaints and suggestions about how to make it better.

The game is completely perfect in every way possible, so these people must be trolling.

June 4, 2009 1:13:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I remember this very question being asked on several forums I've posted on. I came across a medical diagram breaking down the inner workings of a Troll's brain so that we might better understand it.

June 4, 2009 8:33:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I remember this very question being asked on several forums I've posted on. I came across a medical diagram breaking down the inner workings of a Troll's brain so that we might better understand it.

ROFL.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.