The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Staging updates – v1.01 talk

By on June 2, 2009 12:35:49 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1467

It’s hard to believe that the updates we’ve done so far have all been on the v1.0 series.  v1.01 is the first update that GPG and Stardock consider significant enough to give a new version number.

Of course, that means testing and testing and testing and if we’ve learned anything in the past month is that the on-line testing procedures were inadequate.  So on the one hand, we want to get these updates out quickly because there are so many important improvements and on the other hand, we don’t want to put something out that has glaring problems for some people.

For example, one of the things we’re struggling with today is that occasionally Skirmish won’t start games. That is, the players will be connected and it’ll send the message to start the game but it won’t.  So we are trying to figure out what causes that.

On the other hand, other key things are working so much better. In-game connectivity is vastly improved. The handling if quitters and disconnects is improved. The stats are far more robust. The AI is noticeably better. A lot of command queuing issues are resolved. The bandwidth use is significantly reduced which should have a pretty big impact. So we have all those things nailed down and yet, we have the issue where skirmish games just get stuck about 25% of the time which is simply a show stopper.

Last night I played a game with just AI. It was the first time I’ve played against AI since shortly after release that was “fun” since before, the AI’s were just cannon fodder – throwing themselves at towers and just being ridiculously easy to manipulate.  I can still see areas for improvement with it but kudos to GPG for taking this stuff seriously.

Now all that said, we have a list of things that we think need to be focused on in the coming weeks – both from a business point of view and from a game play point of view.

1. Finding ways for friends to get into skirmish games on the same team. 
  2. Dealing with “rage quitting”.  v1.1 (not v1.01) will have a concede option so hopefully that will help.
  3. Finding ways to provide more free maps and Demigods that doesn’t break the bank.
  4. Coming up with new powers that are fun and increase strategic depth.
  5. Finding ways to keep retail sales up.  Sales are good now but let’s be real here, updates are fueled by new sales. If you guys have ideas on what it would take to get more of your friends to buy copies at retail and on Impulse let us know.
  6. Building a system where we just host the games. Demigod would think it’s “peer to peer” but we would actually make it client server with Stardock hosting all the games ala Elemental. 

But right now, we’re working on the skirmish issue still. I’ll keep you guys up to date on where that is. I’ll be on the chat area too today.

Locked Post 120 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 3, 2009 3:36:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

seeing how they wont give a refund
Since when? =/

Stardock is usually very reasonable when it comes to offering refunds from what I understand. Or have you already asked? Hmph.

June 3, 2009 4:19:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I disagree with a lot of the statements in this thread regarding sales tactics.

I don't believe adding new demigods will create sales, nor will replays, or many other factors that better the play experience.

It's somewhat comparable to running a cafe or restaurant. You may have the highest quality, best tasting food for the best  price in the area, but you have to get people through to door before any of that matters!

To an extent, word of mouth is a wonderful thing. A great start with lots of hype can snowball into many, many sales. Unfortunately the launch of this game was premature, leading to any hype to be negated by the many bugs, connection issues, etc.

I think the best things to help sell this game are:

• Advertising
  • Reviews
  • A great web site with:
    • An abundance of gameplay videos for all demigods
    • More methods of creating excitement by the visitor (the current web site's 'about the game' page is just text!)
    • Better community integration (the current web site lists the most recent forum posts, which are often negative comments about broken connections, bugs, etc! Way to go!)
    • Currently the website home page shows the following Community Posts:
      • Demigod Visual Differentiation
      • Why is it always 3 out of 4 people that connect to each other, but a 4th player isn't connected to anybody?
      • Anybody have any ideas of this weird thing I've noticed?
      • Forum bugs?
      • Is this the place for Unhandled Exceptions?
      • What's So Great?
      • There IS a Tech Support Forum, Guys
  • Making it accessible to a wide variety of players
  • Making it easy to buy
    • I gave my 50% off coupon to a friend, who tried to purchase but had issues. When attempting to resolve, was told the staff were on holidays! Way to go!

By all means, support your customers by providing new content and refinements. The important of that is also extremely high.

I just want to say that sales generation and community support are, in my opinion, two very different things.

June 3, 2009 5:44:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

If you guys have ideas on what it would take to get more of your friends to buy copies at retail and on Impulse let us know.

Make a free weekend when the 2 Demigods are ready. Add a 10% discount and be sure i will make good publicity about that.

June 3, 2009 6:34:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This game need so much more heroes, playing oak for the 100th time will be tiresome.

June 3, 2009 8:40:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Want to increase sales? Use the impulse release as a hard learned lesson, work up what your going to release as new characters and leak word of what they will be so people want to stick around and see them.

Once this is complete, release it on steam at 50% for 2-5 days. Have steam and impulse both selling demigod. When the sale ends, everyone who bought it will be eager to get there mates on vent to use thier bonus coupon. Face up to it everyone already has steam, its vastly more polished and leaves impuse laying bloodied in the dust. You may have plans to upgrade impulse to that level (right now you can't even invite your mate to your game, lets face it all you can do is see if someone may be online, send them a sticky note, and hope they see the obsure little icon before they ragequit and leave the game. Yes, its really that bad - you know it, it leaves you with no option but to pick up the phone and tell them to get thier lazy arse on vent, and tell them to stay away from your sister while their at it)

I know you probably had visions of impulse ruling the world but steam has been with me a lot longer and rome wasn't built in a day, has way more content (both rome and steam), it gets people playing games (mainly steam), it has all the big releases (you could be one of them!), connects me to all my mates, and most importanly, i buy games on impulse from steam all the time. (excuse the pun i couldn't think of a better word.)

I read somewhere on this blog that TF2 had a sales extravaganza, its because it hit you in the face when computer loads steam (those ads have prompted more then one trip down visa card lane from my computer chair.) I bought tf2 because it rated well on metatracker and was so cheap, I haven't even downloaded or installed it yet. The funny thing is 3 of my mates did the same thing but 2 of us still haven't tried it, we just diddn't want to miss out.

Games for under $20 sell x10 as much, and give us a fresh stream of noobs to put through the meat grinder, a good % of whom will bring more noob friends for us to destroy. Even if its only a 2 day window, it will feed us fresh noobs for much longer then that. Lets face it, its all about fun. And fun "is" destroying noobs. (*disclaimer: when i say noobs i mean everyone that is not my friends or me, because your all noobs.)

You guys have to face up to the fact. You had your moment in the spotlight. You failed this time round. Now give us new characters ASAP, make it a free expansion pack with a new look backdrop in game (so you get new reviews), and do what needs to be done for the sake of your fans and your wallet. In this day and age (financial meltdown bullshit etc) its about surviving, not expanding, expanding comes next week, or decade.

And don't try to make your games sell impulse for now (because your game is far better then impulse), get impulse to a standard where it actually contends with the competition, then sign on other game developers and sell thier wares as well. Think of it as the original fight of Internet Explorer and Firefox. Sure everyone used IE and its convenienlty preloaded on your computer like your favourite virus harvester, then firefox was known as the ones who listened (like you guys) and now i don't even have an IE icon on my desktop, but i'm pretty sure it still harvests viruses. I'm just as sure that you guys are looking for a similar result. But you won't get it soon because you lack variety. So put it on the back burner while you still have an asset to cash in.

On another note. This is a team based multiplayer game, WITHOUT VOICE SUPPORT????!!!! How exciting. Back to the future, just hold fire for a sec while i stop and type "HELP!" to my mates. Oh, hang on a sec, let me alt tab, turn vent on, click on demigod, experience a grey screen of demi-death and try to convince the boys to wait for me to reload the game and hope the log in server lets me get back in without a 10 minute wait. And kudos to you! You just allowed me to fully test my patience and now its working fine, Appreciate it! Come again!

You guys better hurry up, starcraft is coming. I'll bet my life, and my cat *i'm all in* that it works at release, they learned all the lessons you guys are learning now, take them for an example on how not to fcuk up. Release a closed beta, then an open beta, then put up a pre-order incentive. Like what happened with dawn of war II, I downloaded open beta, played the shit out of it and pre-ordered it, then got sick of it before it got released and never bothered downloading it. (Maybe thats a bad example but you get the drift.)

I sell houses for a living, this is the way of the world. Team up with the best and go for your life. This is just like selling houses, you make a floor plan, hire the trades, built a house, and use the house to sell more houses (with a lot of marketing cash somewhere in the mix). And in these tough times be willing to cut your commission a bit to get the turnover. You guys even treat your clients like i do, tell them a *slightly* rose colored version of whats really happening so they can sympathise with you while your dealing with the problem of their quality new homes' roof blowing off a day after they get the keys. (for me its usually a mark on a wall or an oven not working, but the whole roof thing probably sums up the release of demigod)

Anyway. Welcome to my first forum post anywhere, ever. I hope you enjoyed your stay (i did this because you let me know why my roof blew off and we all got wet, and couldn't sleep at night because our beds were also wet, and because I had to buy another game so soon because my old one got wet.)

BTW we don't play anymore. Last time demi was mentioned the other guy said "you said lets play a game not sit in a lobby and wait". That said, you do the above and we will surely come and smash noobs for you. And don't bother flaming me because i'm still wet, and your still noobs.

June 3, 2009 9:18:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CitizenKane2,
Quoting post,
Building a system where we just host the games. Demigod would think it’s “peer to peer” but we would actually make it client server with Stardock hosting all the games ala Elemental.

This would definitely be a welcomed development, I think

I'll be the voice of the minority here and say that changing the game's online multiplayer from p2p to client-server is not welcome. That would basically mean that anyone not physically close enough to a Stardock server (i.e. anyone in South America, some of Asia and Europe, Oceania, Africa) won't be able to use the Demigod matchmaking anymore, which also means no Pantheon for those players.

June 3, 2009 9:25:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For the last 2 weeks or so, custom matches work great but pantheon/skirmish is still broken.  pantheon/skirmish is where most people play and since it's broken, most ppl will leave.

June 3, 2009 9:28:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...double post...

June 3, 2009 9:30:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...double post...

June 3, 2009 12:27:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the single most frustrating part about gameplay is the 'move before casting' bug. I don't doubt that getting this fixed is a priority, but this bug can completely ruin a confrontation with an enemy DG. Please please please have this fixed soon!

On a semi-related note, when you left-click directly on a flag, your DG will *not* move towards it, but your minions will. This has also been a fairly large point of frustration, as I will usually click to move, then check out other parts of the map and not realize that my DG is just standing there until several seconds later. I have to actually click right next to the flag to move.

In addition, more robust MP options like joining as a group and friends lists would be great.

I also support a community tool for map-making, although I don't know how feasible that is. (On that note, is it possible to update/change the crucible map? i hateses it! it's the most boring of any map, and the pathways seem pointlessly long for how small it is.)

June 3, 2009 12:52:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the single most frustrating part about gameplay is the 'move before casting' bug. I don't doubt that getting this fixed is a priority, but this bug can completely ruin a confrontation with an enemy DG. Please please please have this fixed soon!

This is apparently fixed in 1.01 which has been released. Have you updated nad still go the bug?

June 3, 2009 1:35:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extremist,

1. New maps. I agree with a previous poster that there doesn't seem to be a feasible way to charge for these.

2. New items. I don't feel these are necessary, and not nearly as important as new Demigods. I also don't see that they can be charged for as part of an expansion.

3. I agree (with a previous poster) that new Demigods can be sold in expansion packs to make use of your existing fanbase so long as they're balanced and there are a decent number of them. At least 4 I'd say. I'm sure that coming up with 4 more unique DGs and balancing them with the existing one won't exactly be a cakewalk so I don't know how feasible it would be.

4. The single player campaign (what about co-op?) that was mentioned around launch day might just attract a whole other school of gamer to the title.

Community involvement! One of the hallmarks of a Gas Powered Games game is mod-ability. Demigod is the first GPG game I know of that shipped without a toolset.

1. Let fans make their own maps. They might be models but communities will often surprise you with what they can do with even the most complex tools.

2. The community AI scripting idea (including competition) was great! Will that still happen?

The demo

I think a multiplayer demo could really change the minds a lot of people that've been put off the game by bad word-of-mouth and bad reviews.

Extremist has more or less stated my opinion (above).  As a person who is still on the fence about buying the game but remains interested in it, there are a few things that I think could be done to draw in more players (customers).

1. Get out a VERY polished demo as soon as possible: This is really the only thing that stands between Stardock and my money.  I don't pirate games, but neither do I pre-order (anymore) or make game purchases lightly.  I think that if a solid demo could come out with 2-3 maps and 3-4 demigods (along with obvious improvements in connectivity and AI), a lot of people would give this game a first/second look.

2. Take single players seriously (yes, seriously): Okay, the multiplayer release was, well, botched, and some of the online players have given up on this game.  However, I believe that it is still the case that more people play RTS games offline than online.  Relic, to their amazement, discovered during the DoW2 (multiplayer) beta that a large chunk of their players just played against the AI (I think that GFWL allowed them to compile statistics).  If GPG/Stardock really wants another chance at making Demigod great and lucrative, they should reinvent it as a single-player friendly game.  This would mean producing a real single-player campaign (in a purchasable expansion) and further improvements to the AI--a community AI-scripting contest is indeed a good idea.  The game seems to have a rich-enough lore and character diversity to make for a great single-player/co-op campaign. If there is one thing that cost Demigod more points in the "all-important" reviews--besides the troubled multiplayer connectivity--it was the lack of any serious single-player component or even a tutorial (which would not have been needed if the campaign was decent).

3. Continue to cultivate good will: This might sound kind of cheesy, but I am very impressed with how communicative Stardock has been about this game, even during this initial rough release.  Keep doing this.  For good measure, throw out a few more freebies (e.g., a few free demigods and maps), but use the good will that you have cultivated to buy time to make a truly good expansion (for sale). 

4. Keep the game in the spotlight: free demigods, maps, additional powers, etc. will keep the buzz going, but the game really needs to find a way to stay in the spotlight.   I think that a really solid expansion would do this, as would a more serious take on the single-player potential of the game. 

Okay, here it is:

(1) keep working on multiplayer issues and AI --> (2) release a polished demo --> (2) release a few free addiitions (maps, demigods) --> release (for sale) a great expansion that reinvents the single player while paying attention to multiplayer, and (5) don't become just another developer/publisher grubbing for dollars (think outside of the box while grubbing for dollars ).

June 3, 2009 4:06:44 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

One thing I would say is NO SUBSCRIPTION. This is not an MMO, there is no persistent "world", heck your "character" state pretty much resets from round to round.

To go further, think about making all future content free, yes that's right I said it free. Why? You can keep the price of the game the same, just keep adding value to it making it more attractive, and not make the people who've been with it from earlier feel like schmucks for not waiting for the super-duper-extra cheap collectors pack that has the main game, 3 expansions, and is cheaper than the original game was at release...especially after the customer bought the earlier expansions at full price too. (It's why I haven't seriously considered buying Twilight of the Arnor. I already have two licenses for the original game because Dark Avatar was only available bundled with the original outside stardock.)

June 3, 2009 9:56:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extremist,

Quoting CitizenKane2,
reply 25

Building a system where we just host the games. Demigod would think it’s “peer to peer” but we would actually make it client server with Stardock hosting all the games ala Elemental.
This would definitely be a welcomed development, I think

I'll be the voice of the minority here and say that changing the game's online multiplayer from p2p to client-server is not welcome. That would basically mean that anyone not physically close enough to a Stardock server (i.e. anyone in South America, some of Asia and Europe, Oceania, Africa) won't be able to use the Demigod matchmaking anymore, which also means no Pantheon for those players.

Perhaps the best option would be to have an alternative to both - players can choose whether they wish to play on the server or p2p ?

June 3, 2009 10:16:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dont rage on me for this, but I know of a lot of people that feel the same way. If for some reason you decide to make patches start costing money, for example, new maps and demigods, I feel that many players will be forced away. There are a lot of people that don't mind paying for things like DLC and also even per month, but there still are a considerable amount of people that do. I know this game isn't dota, but it was infact based off of it. If you look at dota, the reason why there are so many people still playing it is because even after 5 years (I think it has been) they still make additions to the game. This is all you have to do to make people still play the game. Once all the bugs and connecticity issues are sorted out, just rely on small patches that you release for free every month or months with maybe just one new demigod, or one new item or one new map.  This will make people keep playing and anxious to see whats to come in the future. Once the game bugs and other issues are fixed like I said, believe me, word will get out of what a great game this is and you wont have to worry about coupons and all that, even though you can still do that and I'm sure it will still work.

June 3, 2009 10:45:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If it helps any, I know at least four or five folks who are waiting on the demo before they make their mind up.

All the reports of crashes, network failures etc have given the game a bad rep that's leaving a lot of folks really hesitant - if the demo is solid, and timely, it might help persuade them otherwise.

An idle thought would be to release the demo and throw out a 50% off weekend or something - so people can grab the game, and are inspired to buy it at half price before they have a chance to change their mind. If the game is so multiplayer heavy, then getting a really /solid/ number of players up and keen will keep the interest in the game alive long enough for others to keep purchasing.

Starcraft 1 keeps selling copies 'cuz it's still popular... were it a niche product, it'd likely have fizzled long ago. It's a thought to keep in mind, anyway.

June 3, 2009 10:57:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All the reports of crashes, network failures etc have given the game a bad rep that's leaving a lot of folks really hesitant - if the demo is solid, and timely, it might help persuade them otherwise.

The game deserves a bad rep IMO.  My frustration is too great for words with some of the stuff I've seen.

That's one of the reasons I took people off the Elemental project and put them onto this is to help address problems / fix issues on this game.  In my opinion, too much "stuff" was licensed and not vetted.

If the Stardock/GPG teams can't address these things soon, the game deserves to go down in flames.

I know it's a lot lot LOT better now. But still, I just played a pantheon game tonight and first, it took like 3 or 4 minutes to find a game, then one of the players got dropped so I ended up in a 2 on 1 match.  It's just ridiculously frustrating.

I recorded a video of it and sent it to the teams at GPG and Stardock along with my logs so that they can see exactly what I saw. It's gonna get addressed but I just can't believe after 6 weeks we still have this.  

June 3, 2009 11:40:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dgl-DalzK,

This is apparently fixed in 1.01 which has been released. Have you updated nad still go the bug?

You obviously haven't played yet since the patch.  It took me until about level 5 in my first game to discover this is definately NOT fixed.  Maybe next patch.  /le sigh

June 4, 2009 2:23:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

The game deserves a bad rep IMO.  My frustration is too great for words with some of the stuff I've seen.

That's one of the reasons I took people off the Elemental project and put them onto this is to help address problems / fix issues on this game.  In my opinion, too much "stuff" was licensed and not vetted.

If the Stardock/GPG teams can't address these things soon, the game deserves to go down in flames.

I know it's a lot lot LOT better now. But still, I just played a pantheon game tonight and first, it took like 3 or 4 minutes to find a game, then one of the players got dropped so I ended up in a 2 on 1 match.  It's just ridiculously frustrating.

I recorded a video of it and sent it to the teams at GPG and Stardock along with my logs so that they can see exactly what I saw. It's gonna get addressed but I just can't believe after 6 weeks we still have this.  

So in other words, the next games released will get a much bigger stress test before release?

Either way, I scincerely hope that it does get fixed - if nothing else, I want Gas Powered Games to flourish... they make good games, and I've enough slack after Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander to want 'em to keep going for a good while yet.

June 4, 2009 2:45:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Nicely said.  pantheon/skirmish mode currently sucks.  1/10. 

Casuals will try this game once or twice and they are not coming back.

June 4, 2009 4:01:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
But still, I just played a pantheon game tonight and first, it took like 3 or 4 minutes to find a game, then one of the players got dropped so I ended up in a 2 on 1 match.  It's just ridiculously frustrating.

This is far from being an isolated incident.

I attempted about 4 pantheon games this afternoon, and each game exactly the same thing happened. I didnt wait for the game to start because I know it's going to be a 2v1.

June 4, 2009 4:06:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If the balance was really tightened up Blizzard-style (including a global ~50% health increase on everything so everything's not so razor's-edge) I'd recommend this to my cousin immediately. Assuming I ever get my coupon.

June 4, 2009 4:44:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I play blizzard games. Blizzard really doesn't do anything mind blowing. What they do is make polished games. The functionality is unparalleled. I have to take breaks form demi god and play DOTA, a game that came out ages ago. However that game is polished. I do not understand how you can take that game and not include all the pluses and improve the negatives.

But honestly your number 1 priority is functionality. This game lacks it , lacks it bad.

Development:

Hire ICEfrog the maker of dota, you need a guy who can do maps/character development? Thats your man i doubt his salary would be so crazy that it wouldn;t be cost effective, currently with the amount of fixes that have been out this game has maybe improved on 5% of its problems. Hire a guy whose been doing this genre for years on his own spare time.

You want to keep costs low? Use the community of this game. Create a bare bones developer system. Ask people to draw up pictures of new demi god creations and talent trees. Reward them with being able to name them (as long as its not incredibly retarted)  You need to disclose what the mechanics of this game are. Trust me the community will develop this game for you. There are plenty of talented individuals playing this game.

Sales:

I got 4 buddies that I can get to buy this game. But won't because they will team up and punch me in the face in frustration of this games connection issues. I don;t think anyone can stress enough about the connection issues. Everything else can wait....seriously. Balancing is somehting you tackle way later in the games development and after you collected a large sample of statistics. Right now your statistics (hopefully you monitor these and keep track and have someone that can read em correctly) are flawed to all hell becuase 80% of games don;t finnish in a complete manner.

Offer a recruit a friend option where we can redeem other peoples cd keys for small visual effects. I recruit 1 person you give me an animation for 1 of my favorite demigods to be able to sit on a throne surrounded by women when I win a match. Or even a sound effect every time I kill someone "Bounty Collected". Small crap that prolly takes 1-2 days to implement and gives me the incentive of hooking one of my buddies onto this game.

Subscription fees, make it a small amount. 2.50-5.00 bucks a month. Even the biggest penny pinchers can't cry over that amount.

The intro to this game is silly. Intros for games really get people pumped to play it. Sometimes this backfires and the game is complete garbage. Can't afford to get it rendered?. USE THE COMMUNITY. Most people are already handy with the fraps, make a contest. Have 8 winners, 1 for each best demigod video. Reward? Have their name and production company or w/e they wanna do be credited.

The Good:

I imagine you guys are probably getting ulcers and doing shots of jack after reading these forums. So I just wanna take the time to keep you off the suicide hotline:

The characters you developed are incredibly diverse. They really are worlds apart from each other. Visually and through gameplay brilliant. Rich animations great voice overs (except regulus he's too high strung). The general assasin system crazy cool!

The maps are beautidul. I sometimes catch myself just holding space bar and looking around. The graphics are simply top notch.

The amount of ways you can fight 1 battle are limitless, you can go tank /dps/support or just be a npc general manager with upgrades. And infinite amount of variations on those themes.

Keep up the good work, no one wants to see this game fail. If your game wasn;t as amazing at it is people wouldn;t bother bitching and moaning about it. We would just walk away and go find another game to play. Stick with it this game has insane amounts of potential.

June 4, 2009 4:53:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game deserves a bad rep IMO. My frustration is too great for words with some of the stuff I've seen.

That's one of the reasons I took people off the Elemental project and put them onto this is to help address problems / fix issues on this game. In my opinion, too much "stuff" was licensed and not vetted.

I know it's a lot lot LOT better now. But still, I just played a pantheon game tonight and first, it took like 3 or 4 minutes to find a game, then one of the players got dropped so I ended up in a 2 on 1 match. It's just ridiculously frustrating.

I have to give credit for the (admirable) candour.

I think most of the individuals who still read / post on the Demigod forums have a desire to see Demigod succeed (despite the complaints), and we are keeping our fingers crossed.

June 4, 2009 5:07:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

*Virtual pat on the back*

I know that being in a position that makes you feel as if you need to say things like that isn't exactly what you were expecting back before release.

Keep plugging away at it. You guys have a lot of good will capital. A lot of people have a lot of faith in you guys. We will be here once things get straightened out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001860   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.