The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Some kudos to Gas Powered Games

By on May 27, 2009 10:56:36 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Working late into the evening, GPG has sent us an updated v1.01 build based on recent feedback on the forums.  Yes, GPG is reading the forums in case you were wondering and have put together some exciting stuff.

Here are some of the additional new features that will be in v1.01:

Here is a quote from the log:

· Fixed chat history and announcement text overlays interference with mouse clicks.

· Switched order of data calls after hosting.

· Teleportation effect failure handling.

· AI

1. Adjustments to caution and hazard detection and avoidance.

2. Adjusted health level flee percentage.

3. Demigods do not use minions when fleeing, may summon minions in combat.

4. Improved teleportation

5. Increased Demigod planning frequency

6. Improved item usage when endangered.

7. Tower tag improved.

And last but not least:..

· Moving targets in Ability task now properly handled (the famous “Sedna bug”)

This was finally isolated by bman654 who went beyond the call of duty to actually track down the specific lines of script that call the function.  Special kudos to him.

Although we didn’t use his “patch”, we did edit the exact functions he had isolated, and cleaned up quite a lot of surrounding script. The forums are expecting this fix, and we would love to encourage more excellent sleuthing like he did.

We’ll be testing this tomorrow. I can’t promise we’ll be able to get it out tomorrow though (and there won’t be any updates either way on Friday as that’s just playing with fire).  But we are going to try very hard and enlist extra QA from the apps QA team to expedite.

+897 Karma | 62 Replies
May 27, 2009 11:02:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cheers GPG

Here's hoping we can play with this tomorrow

May 27, 2009 11:09:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Omg Frogboy you mean .... Sedna will heal when i tell her to? don't lie to me ...

May 27, 2009 11:12:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Better AI, and you don't have to heal on the go anymore.

Ooooh yeah.

May 27, 2009 11:17:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bman654 is the MAN! There was no call of duty, he did it out of good will. I vote to have a Demigod named after him.

May 27, 2009 11:27:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi Frogboy,

Great work all round I say. One question. Is the 'Smart proxy' fix going to be part of a patch or will just be implemented? Any idea of an ETA?

Thanks,

Silk (A New Zealander in proxy limbo)

May 27, 2009 11:35:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice update cant wait, release it before my finals plz!

May 28, 2009 12:02:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Moving targets in Ability task now properly handled (the famous “Sedna bug”)

This was finally isolated by bman654 who went beyond the call of duty to actually track down the specific lines of script that call the function.  Special kudos to him.

Although we didn’t use his “patch”, we did edit the exact functions he had isolated, and cleaned up quite a lot of surrounding script. The forums are expecting this fix, and we would love to encourage more excellent sleuthing like he did.

Nuff said.

May 28, 2009 12:08:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

woooot!

May 28, 2009 12:31:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really wish all this including the multiplayer issues were fix before the game launched.  I guess this is the difference between a small budget game vs. a big budget game.

The healing bug, movement bug, AI stupidness existed in beta before release.   i guess time and budget was used up.   you guys already paid the price...  oh well, hope to see this release tomorrow.

May 28, 2009 12:43:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Blitz64,
I really wish all this including the multiplayer issues were fix before the game launched.  I guess this is the difference between a small budget game vs. a big budget game.

The healing bug, movement bug, AI stupidness existed in beta before release.   i guess time and budget was used up.   you guys already paid the price...  oh well, hope to see this release tomorrow.

May 28, 2009 1:11:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SyDaemon,
bman654 is the MAN! There was no call of duty, he did it out of good will. I vote to have a Demigod named after him.

So should we be expecting "bman654 is OP" threads soon?

May 28, 2009 1:48:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bman654 is my hero.  Sedna bug caused sone angry teammates tonight.

And thanks for the hard work as always guys.

May 28, 2009 2:07:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exterm123,

Quoting SyDaemon, reply 4bman654 is the MAN! There was no call of duty, he did it out of good will. I vote to have a Demigod named after him.

So should we be expecting "bman654 is OP" threads soon?

He's been OP since the day he was born.

May 28, 2009 2:14:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bman654 ftw

May 28, 2009 3:06:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3. Demigods do not use minions when fleeing, may summon minions in combat.

Huh? Like, do the minions magically stop attacking when the DG is moving in an opposite direction of the enemy? What if you send your minions to fight and cover for you?

May 28, 2009 3:31:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Aeris130,

Huh? Like, do the minions magically stop attacking when the DG is moving in an opposite direction of the enemy? What if you send your minions to fight and cover for you?

I just figured that meant AI generals wouldn't stop running for their lives to pointlessly summon some minions then take a fireball to the face.

May 28, 2009 3:41:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh right, points 1-7 are a part of the AI improvements.

May 28, 2009 6:04:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I for one am very excited about the updates/improvements to the AI.

Oh wait, this is a multiplayer game where the ai doesn't matter at all.  Oh crap.

May 28, 2009 6:21:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

History suggests this was nothing unusual for bman.  He did extensive work to make UFO: Extraterrestrials playable, as well.  If he doesn't already have a job in the industry, it's time somebody made that happen.

May 28, 2009 6:41:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TiduZ,
Well, I for one am very excited about the updates/improvements to the AI.

Oh wait, this is a multiplayer game where the ai doesn't matter at all.  Oh crap.

Speak for yourself. I play against bots only. AI survivability was sometimes a bit rediculous. Also bots join AI games when players leave iirc.

Another kudos for bman (and GPG too for atleast providing support after game launch), I already gave him some karma

May 28, 2009 7:41:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YAY, 'Sedna bug' fixed! Wait, I don't play Sedna. Nerf Sedna NOAW!!!

The AI changes look good, looking forward to test how that works out.

May 28, 2009 8:02:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So this will be out on Monday, right? Oh man, i wished i could play it this weekend.

May 28, 2009 8:19:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well could be today but don't think the QA will be able to test it fully in such a short time. As he said releasing it on friday is asking for trouble, if there's something wrong with the patch it'll be hell because no one is in the office in the weekend to fix it and you can't leave thousands of players with a non working game (i'm sure i'll get some reply about the mp never has been working now)

May 28, 2009 10:18:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gee, I remember being in the beta and I don't remember you or anyone else posting about the "healing bug" or the "movement bug". Maybe you can refresh my memory and point to a post that includes it.

I also remember playing lots of multiplayer games in beta with others without incident.  

So to sum up, being one of the beta testers, like you who always made announcements about new betas, there were remarkably few problems with it. I don't remember there being any rush and I don't remember budget.

I don't know why you even felt compelled to write such a shitty comment in the first place.

Here is a link to all the posts Blitz made:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/posts/3318019

Goes all the way back to beta 2.

In fact, in your Metacritic guess thread you gave Demigod an 86. Seems to me you thought it was fine too. Must be nice to be able to give yourself retroactive hindsight.

May 28, 2009 11:10:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will still give the game a review score of 86 Today.  I never thought reviewers would take consider multiplayer issues in the review.  I had to play the multiplayer connection game through out beta.  It might be fine for you, but I remember there were still multiplayer issues even 1 week before release.   

The healing and movement bug was there in beta and that's my opinion.  If you it worked for you, then that's great.

Demigod is a great game and I'm a big fan.  I'm complaining about all these issues that should have been fixed before release. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.