The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

RANDOM TEAMS

By on May 26, 2009 9:01:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A Random Teams option for custom games would be snazzy.  People who don't want to worry team stacking can join or host a random teams game and leave the team selection completely up to chance.

Skirmish and Pantheon don't satisfy this option because you aren't able to designate what sort of game mode you want to play.

+3 Karma | 22 Replies
May 26, 2009 9:02:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

because you aren't able to designate what sort of game mode you want to play.

or dont want to play. i hate domination mode.

May 26, 2009 12:04:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

agreed with this post.  Tired of stacked teams (especially since people have a tendancy to keep quiet about the fact that they're doing it), but also really don't like slaughter or fortress.

May 28, 2009 1:34:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, and RANDOM DEMIGOD if it isn't posted somewhere else.  I know I've read someone mentioning it somewhere...

I think we would see pretty interesting games if all players went with a random DG in a random teams game.

May 28, 2009 6:40:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think the random DG is actualy coming in V 1.01 when it comes out (today?).  pretty sure Frogboy mentioned it in one of his journal things.   i do like th random team idea thou.... sort of like -sp from DotA (-sp = shuffle players)  which is always nicer for local LAN gaming or with more than 5 friends.

May 28, 2009 8:50:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Slaughter bores me so much.

It reminds me of those Hero Arena customs from warcraft.

It just seems like such a waste of time. If I wanted to play deathmatch, I would play a game that is designed around the concept. Call of Duty? Halo?

June 2, 2009 4:03:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bumpity.

June 3, 2009 12:51:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game could use random options for a lot of other things too such as random teams and random demis.

June 11, 2009 4:07:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pretty plz.

June 11, 2009 4:14:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

EDIT: Nevermind, thought this was about something else.

June 23, 2009 5:40:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a good idea.

June 29, 2009 9:08:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, this needs to be in version 1.2 plz.

June 29, 2009 9:11:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

random team would be awesome

July 9, 2009 9:39:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh looky what I found.

July 20, 2009 9:31:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea.

July 20, 2009 9:44:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why are you posting

Quoting DoKTa_T,
This is a good idea.

Quoting DoKTa_T,
Great idea.

Quoting DoKTa_T,
Yeah, this needs to be in version 1.2 plz.

in your own thread?

July 20, 2009 10:10:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hurts less than trying to pat himself on the back?

July 21, 2009 10:18:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm so ronery.

July 21, 2009 12:12:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're retarded, more like.

Stop bumping your own thread.

July 21, 2009 12:19:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well if you join a game with "Good players only please" you'd expect an even match no matter what team you're on.

July 21, 2009 1:18:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Enraged_Camel,
You're retarded, more like.

Stop bumping your own thread.

Thanks for the freebie .

July 21, 2009 1:29:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thread shenanigans aside, having random teams as an option would be excellent.

July 22, 2009 9:18:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Aviyur,
Well if you join a game with "Good players only please" you'd expect an even match no matter what team you're on.

In a perfect world, this would be the case.  What happens in practice is people leave if they can't get on the host's team because they're worried about getting rolled by what could be a premade or worried about getting stuck with a noob who failed to read the game description (this happens a lot, but it can only be prevented by checking stats before game starts).  Randomizing it would at least provide assurance that the teams aren't stacked beforehand. 

The only way to deal with the noob infiltration in a "no noobs" game is to have a way to check stats in-game without alt+tabbing to bring up Pantheon, and it would be just snazzy to see that implemented as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.