The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[REL] Equipment and Mana Display

By on May 23, 2009 2:40:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, I have just updated my mod from the beta times to work with the current version of Demigod. While mods do not work online through Impulse yet, it can't hurt to get a few things thrown around that people can hopefully enjoy on lan/Hamachi/GameRanger or singleplayer.

WARNING: This will not work online through Impulse. You can use GameRanger or Hamachi to make use of this.

Created for version: 1.00.0114

Features:
- Displays the amount of mana a friendly unit has, if it has any.
- Displays the equipment of ally demigods.

1) You must have Sorian's Mod Manager setup in order to use this mod. More info on this here: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=408370

2) Once you have the Mod Manager setup, extract the folder "Equipment and Mana Display" (including the folder itself) into your 'mods' folder in your dgdata.zip folder.
eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\dgdata.zip\mods\Equipment and Mana Display

3) Startup Demigod.

4) Enable the mod in the Mod Manager.

5) Play singleplayer or a lan game, as mods do not work through Impulse as of yet.

Download

+45 Karma | 10 Replies
May 23, 2009 3:49:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't tried this but I think it should be a standard feature. It would help knowing if your ally Oak or Sedna had enough for a shield/heal before charging in.

June 10, 2009 9:43:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice not sure I would use this but a nice addition, now if only we can get mod support in game.

June 12, 2009 5:12:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love it... YAY!

June 12, 2009 6:13:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

does this display only your own mana and items? or can you see items/mana of others aswell(coz that would be AWESOME)?

June 12, 2009 9:36:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It shows the items for all of the demigods on your team, and all of the mana for any unit on your team that has mana.

June 12, 2009 10:07:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

only problem i see is that people will bitch to other people about the items they have

"omg noob why do u have x item while y item is much better!!!! "

June 12, 2009 11:27:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is sweet.

Next up: Enemy mana and items!

Displaying ally gold would be great too.

June 12, 2009 12:14:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh dear, I hope this doesn't make Release.

HP and Mana is great.

However, items and gold is not alright, at least have the option to make yourself anonymous.

It will be just another source of grief.

Fine for team games, but for most of us who play PUGs, this will just be another source of WTF n00b you don't have HOL on ur shitty beast with no spit.

Or y r u spendin ur gold on a crappy 3000 item, save for ashkandor n00b!

June 12, 2009 2:34:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^^ yeah I was thinking the exact same thing about the way ppl will act.

June 12, 2009 6:20:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If someone is going to berate you over the items that you choose, I doubt that you would not be yelling at you already for your nationality, skill, name, ping, etc. That said, I totally do not deny that it could happen. Give me a shout if you ever run into an instance like that. In theory I think that it should help people so that they have more information at their disposal, and if they are able to, calculate that information into their plans, offer advice, or any other non-jerk thing

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.