The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pantheon = Quiters = No Exp = No Rank

By on May 13, 2009 11:25:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright, I've been playing Pantheon all day long, and I don't have a rank. I have 7 Victories, straight in a row, but nothing to show for it. This is because I've noticed that Rank is determined by Experience Points, not Win/Loss ration. The major flaw in the system is that when you battle AIs, you don't get Experience Points. So I've been playing against players all day, but when they start losing, they leave - and I get stuck with an AI who doesn't give me Exp. It's really becoming very agrivating, because I would like to be on the latter with a rank.

+70 Karma | 6 Replies
May 13, 2009 11:44:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rank only updates once a day (at midnight) and you do indeed get experience for AI, unless something was changed since last pantheon.

But you are corect, it is a flawed system. Players give far more ELO weighting than bots. You could play 50 games against AI and still be be out ranked by someone who played 15 against humans, especially if they were higher ranked players.

May 13, 2009 11:44:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes AIs give expeience.  Stats are updated every 24 hours.  Be patient and check tomorrow, or in 15minutes when it is 12pm EST.

May 13, 2009 11:44:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not arguing with your point since I don't know how EXP works but if all 7 games were today, panth. page only updated at midnight EST.  SO you wont see those stats till tomorrow.

edit: wow 3 post in the time it took me to log in and reply.

May 14, 2009 12:07:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pantheon does not always record properly. It's missed out on over half my wins -- worse, it gave some of them to me as losses!

May 14, 2009 1:05:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Funny, the one match where someone stays in. I kill um, I get experience, and it INSTANTLY updates rankings after the game is done.

May 14, 2009 1:17:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes it really counts some wins as looses. 1 match i had 2 days before patchday was, i won a 3on3 by crushing their Citadel and a spalshscreen with "Defeated" came up... that really sucks. But cannot say what about now, after the patch.

Hope my english isn't too bad  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000171   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.