The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

This just in: GPG's staff is mentally retarded when it comes to balance

By on May 12, 2009 4:01:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Extacide

Join Date 04/2009
+4

Yeah, I said it.

GPG is crossing a horrendous threshold. I am probably over-stepping myself by discounting how balanced the game is despite this retarded update, but they have thoroughly earned it.

Typically, a game creator would wait for the game to play out, and for GOOD players to actually play and provide grounds from which GPG can make conclusive changes to the balance that are logical, and tone down overused demigods in popular setups. In this light, the balance trickles down to public games with random pugs. Mind you, the balance, CAN not trickle upwards. Water flows in one direction, just like the balance; You can't tweak two sides and expect no negative result on the opposite end.

But instead, GPG ignorantly reads the forums in a three week old game, and appease the retarded masses of whiners that have been rampaging the forums with their crying over demigods that in their five games of playing experience, they think are over-powered. Only because they have no freaking idea how to play this game, and have no idea how to use logic and reason to out-play someone, do they resort to coming to these forums, determined that is infact a fault of the game, and not they themselves that they are losing. And because of this, GPG nerfs erebus. STRAIGHT from every thread, using the flawed logic of literal, newbies, to make a balance change.

And because GPG isn't making the balance changes, but implementing them based on the community, I can make a direct assumption that GPG itself is retarded as well. Not only are the players ignorant, but GPG themselves decided to neglect every other factor that plays a significant role in how flawed the 'opinions' of the whiners are. GPG neglected to account for the fact that this isn't a 1v1 game. Funny, they made it. They're pretty stupid. They forgot to account for the fact that two demigods can't be compared back to back only by one single skill. Best of all, they completely neglect the fact that every single person CRYING on these forums are ignorant pugs fresh from random custom games, pantheon matches, and random gameranger games, playing with people of varied skill and absolutely no inherent teamwork. Very likely little intelligence and skill either. We can't assume everyone is the same because theres no organization, which fundamentally cripples the teamwork of a teamwork game. And they take all of this, and make a balance change, like a surgeon using a hatchet to operate in a black room with a spinning table.

Keep crying guys, GPG will bend over and follow your every command. We all know, that the random pug knows the balance better than GPG itself, or the actual good players.

And before you CLEVER little whiners try to decipher why I am spearheading this debate, I have played Erebus five times total, and I am quite terrible at him. The direct relationship between his strength and myself are irrelevent.

Locked Post 53 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 12, 2009 4:09:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Typically, a game creator would wait for the game to play out, and for GOOD players to actually play and provide grounds from which GPG can make conclusive changes to the balance that are logical, and tone down overused demigods in popular setups. In this light, the balance trickles down to public games with random pugs.

...But instead, GPG ignorantly reads the forums in a three week old game, and appease the retarded masses of whiners that have been rampaging the forums with their crying over demigods that in their five games of playing experience, they think are over-powered.

yeah... read it again.

May 12, 2009 4:11:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know about overall balance but I can tell you that Bite itself was an overpowered attack, damage, life drain, slow, and armor debuff all in one attack made it by far the most powerful ability in the game, coupled with the fact that it was extremely mana efficient...I think it's obvious why this change was made.  

May 12, 2009 4:11:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

rampaging the forums with their crying over demigods that in their five games of playing experience, they think are over-powered. Only because they have no freaking idea how to play this game, and have no idea how to use logic and reason to out-play someone,

I have played plenty more then 5 games thank you. And that was the point, It required no Logic or Reason to out play someone as Erebus.

May 12, 2009 4:13:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

don't know about overall balance but I can tell you that Bite itself was an overpowered attack, damage, life drain, slow, and armor debuff all in one attack

translation: OMFG IT DOES MANY THINGS WITH SMALL EFFECTS, THEY MUST MULTIPLY BY 500xXXX. OMFG. LETS COMPARE TWO SKILLS, BUT NOT DEMIGODS OVERALL AND TEAMWORK. LLOLOALOSLAOALOL I SUCK AT THIS GAME.

yeah... read it again.

Yeah, it was released a few weeks ago, to a month. Don't try to pull a beta tester and say LOL IM A BETA TESTER I AUTOMATICALLY KNOW WHAT THIS GAME NEEDS.

May 12, 2009 4:23:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I used to play Erebus a lot during beta3 when he was an obvious underdog, his bite only did 600 dmg back then but I still menaged to own quite a lot with him when you used him correctly.

When day 0 patch I wasnt surprised to find erebus buffed, but they overshot it by quite a bit with Bite, In beta3 it was at 75% strenght, day 0 patch brought it up to 150% instead of 100% and it has kept beeing this strong since then. We havnt gotten any numbers yet but I assume the nerf to bite will bring it closer to a ballanced 110% or so.

What OP fail to have missed is the quite desperate move GPG did for the day 0 patch to buff the underdog demigods up so they vere on the same levels as the rest, doing this they rather have an ability a bit too powerful instead of weak, which would mean the demigod would still be a underdog.

so

Oak got 800 dmg on penance, a somewhat 200% increase!

Sedna got her heal cooldown taken down to 6 secs, 40% of its original!

Erebus got his bite buffed from 600dmg to 900dmg, 50% increase!

my guess is that we may see a nerf to  heal and penance later on as well, and my guess for the new bit damage would be 750 dmg, which sounds damn resonable to be for an attack that damages,heals,slows and reduces armor.

When GPG did this in the day0 patch they were quite sure they would have to go back and nerf a bit once things started to "calm down".

May 12, 2009 4:32:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When GPG did this in the day0 patch they were quite sure they would have to go back and nerf a bit once things started to "calm down".

EVEN in beta man, they can't fine tune the balance based off of a bunch of people randomly playing with no organization. Theres no team pantheon, no clan feature, and very little organized team play. They have the balance pretty tight for now, and give a HUGE window for skill to take over. I don't see Erebus needing any tweaks, nor do I seeing any of his opponents justified in whining when losing against him; EVEN when its the Erebus himself; Fight someone good, and see how much you need to be toned down. Fight a good TEAM, for that matter.

May 12, 2009 4:35:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extacide,

don't know about overall balance but I can tell you that Bite itself was an overpowered attack, damage, life drain, slow, and armor debuff all in one attack

translation: OMFG IT DOES MANY THINGS WITH SMALL EFFECTS, THEY MUST MULTIPLY BY 500xXXX. OMFG. LETS COMPARE TWO SKILLS, BUT NOT DEMIGODS OVERALL AND TEAMWORK. LLOLOALOSLAOALOL I SUCK AT THIS GAME.

yeah... read it again.

Yeah, it was released a few weeks ago, to a month. Don't try to pull a beta tester and say LOL IM A BETA TESTER I AUTOMATICALLY KNOW WHAT THIS GAME NEEDS.

*yawn* the 'small' effects as you call them are often the most powerful piece of an attack especially combined with teamwork.   negative armor, life drain, and slow....are nothing to scoff at in any ability.

Also I have far more than five games experience...both on LAN, gameranger, online and otherwise and I wouldn't call myself a pro (Yes against organized teams in many cases, you're claiming that no judgement calls can be made because there isn't a 'pro' system set in place...how do you think games are balanced in the first place...they have more feedback than ever, from both good players and 'bad').   In reality though it should be readily apparent that no single ability should have all of these effects to the extent that it had, especially at an extremely low mana cost.

May 12, 2009 4:45:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*yawn* the 'small' effects as you call them are often the most powerful piece of an attack especially

I'll cut you off there, because like every idiot in these forums, you neglect too many things.

Erebus has low HP, lowest armor, and low health regen. He has the lowest base mana, lowest mana regen as well. Spending gold on pots just reduces erebus's potential to actually out-melee another melee character. Of course you also neglect the fact that Erebus is easily crushed in a melee match. Easily. And because you're dyslexic and can't read several words i.e. the effects of bites without having a seizure, I'll gladly point out its his only other melee'ing ability. It is the lowest damaging nuke, the lowest heal, that combined make for a unique synergy skill, that he utterly depends on it. But of course you're too retarded to realize any of this.

Yeah, put this next to slam buddy. I'd love to see how 900 health saves him from a rook that lands a successful slam which offsets DPS to 3,000+ in a single second when combined with any towers/auto attack/roll damage/independent weapons. I'd love to see how erebus's 900 health saves him from the monstrous DPS of a UB. I'd love to see his 900 DAMAGE scratch a freaking sedna or QoT. I'd love to laugh when he can't bite a shielded Oak.

Also I have far more than five games experience...both on LAN, gameranger, online and otherwise.

...Wow man. Teach me your skills. You're obviously the #1 most knowledgable player IN this game. Hands down man. Hey, why don't you get your friends and play mine? Just for fun. We won't use OP (soon to be UP) erebus either, but you guys can use him. Since he's so OP, he'll carry your team.

May 12, 2009 4:55:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a troll if I ever saw one.

May 12, 2009 4:57:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tried to read what you write but you are so aggresive and trash talk both programmers and other players. Therefore my respect for is rock bottom and other people probably think the same by now.

I were going to say that you shouldn't tell the creators to wait longer before balancing the game when you whine about the balance without giving it any time yourself.

There's no reason to respond to this post since I won't read any more posts from you, not until you grow up.

May 12, 2009 4:57:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extacide,

*yawn* the 'small' effects as you call them are often the most powerful piece of an attack especially

I'll cut you off there, because like every idiot in these forums, you neglect too many things.

Erebus has low HP, lowest armor, and low health regen. He has the lowest base mana, lowest mana regen as well. Spending gold on pots just reduces erebus's potential to actually out-melee another melee character. Of course you also neglect the fact that Erebus is easily crushed in a melee match. Easily. And because you're dyslexic and can't read several words i.e. the effects of bites without having a seizure, I'll gladly point out its his only other melee'ing ability. It is the lowest damaging nuke, the lowest heal, that combined make for a unique synergy skill, that he utterly depends on it. But of course you're too retarded to realize any of this.

Yeah, put this next to slam buddy. I'd love to see how 900 health saves him from a rook that lands a successful slam which offsets DPS to 3,000+ in a single second when combined with any towers/auto attack/roll damage/independent weapons. I'd love to see how erebus's 900 health saves him from the monstrous DPS of a UB. I'd love to see his 900 DAMAGE scratch a freaking sedna or QoT. I'd love to laugh when he can't bite a shielded Oak.

Also I have far more than five games experience...both on LAN, gameranger, online and otherwise.

...Wow man. Teach me your skills. You're obviously the #1 most knowledgable player IN this game. Hands down man. Hey, why don't you get your friends and play mine? Just for fun. We won't use OP (soon to be UP) erebus either, but you guys can use him. Since he's so OP, he'll carry your team.

Funny thing is, he CAN bite a shielded oak, it doesn't deal damage, but you still get the life drain from it...although since oak's ability doesn't last long normally it's best to do it before or after shield...  

What you have to realize is the reason Bite has all of these effects is because Erebus is a 'General' so that his minions (or allies) will be able to dole out a large amount of damage to the enemy.   Considering the amount of minions Erebus can summon along with his other abilities, if you throw in the fact that he can warp into and out of combat...plus he can pop in and out of mist form to negate fireballs, snipes, or even just sit there while laughing at an oak who is currently immune.....It's a small wonder you're incomprehensive of the fact that it needed to be nerfed.  

You obviously know exactly what the game needs and are the biggest pro ever?   We don't even have the numbers on the "nerf" yet.

I am fully aware he has low HP and the like, so does Torchbearer...that doesn't stop him from stacking armor and being a tank.   I'm suprised at how un-aware you seem to be.   Every bit of damage has to be considered when you're 'scratching' away at your enemy.

Scratch Queen of Thorns?   Ha, her shield is only 1350 damage, costs a large sum of mana, and doesn't have any other effects until her final level.   So yes, yes it does and would 'scratch' her...and the fact that it would slow her and reduce her armor makes it child's play for a team to pick her off.  

Why would I let Rook land a slam?   Even with a successful boulder roll you can negate most of the damage by simply walking right through him as he's about to hit.

As a last note, I never said I was the most knowledgeable, nor the greatest player ever, in fact I stated that I wouldn't call myself a pro, I was simply pointing out that I do have a decent amount of experience with the game especially compared to many others out there since release.

I'd say that you need to go have some fun playing the game and give even a small modicrum of respect to both the developers and your other players instead of flaming obnoxiously on the forums, I'm done here, I'd rather not talk to someone who is a troll like yourself.

May 12, 2009 5:04:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd love to see how erebus's 900 health saves him from the monstrous DPS of a UB. I'd love to see his 900 DAMAGE scratch a freaking sedna or QoT. I'd love to laugh when he can't bite a shielded Oak.

Oak or Sedna sure, but unless its a custom match or skirmish when exactly are you going to be fighting a UB or QoT? And a Rooks hammer slam hardely ever hits his intended target since they are usually fast enough to get out of the way. Not always, but most of the time.

May 12, 2009 5:05:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@extacide please, noone is going to take you seriously when you say

you should atleast back yourself up with proven facts and stop ridiculing others if you want them to give constructive posts in your thread.

sevenix's post above is a good example

May 12, 2009 5:05:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extacide,

Shield lasts mere seconds.  Only a noob would bite a shielded oak, anyone with common sense would bite before and/or after.  3000+ dps rook?  Why not go a step further, add some artifacts and make a ub with 5k wrath crits and poison ticks with the 10% flag.  heck, throw a qot shield on him and you'll prove that Erebus is clearly no match for UB.    

May 12, 2009 5:11:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If by "the retarded masses of whiners" you mean "the best players around as well as most not so good players" then you are correct. You probably didn't play Beta if you only played 5 matches with erebus yet you already claim to understand the demigod balance less than 1 month after release. Chill please.

Before we know by how much the Damage and Armor Reduction is decreased and by how much the mana cost (which was really low) is increased there is no use in saying that GPG made a wrong decision.

(During Beta Erebus was the weakest then they overdid the buffs a bit and are now placing him in the right place - I hope)

EDIT: just saw the changes, they are reasonable

May 12, 2009 5:20:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A pity the forums do not have an ignore option.

I reaaly do not understand the problem here.

1 GPG is trying to balance stuff and you are going boom about that? WTF what do expect them to do, wait until DNF comes out?

2 You do not like Erebus being nerfed a little but didn't play him often? sight...

Get the numbers first, find out why things are not working ok and then come back

May 12, 2009 5:29:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Aw man, I'm going to break down some quotes tonight.

fraggelsmurf:

I were going to say that you shouldn't tell the creators to wait longer before balancing the game when you whine about the balance without giving it any time yourself.

Huh? Where am I whining? If anything, I'm whining about people who whine, because the developers obviously are using the whine as serious leverage for balancing. If you know anything about games, you should know that just because the majority wills something, it doesn't mean it's whats best for the game. ESPECIALLY in the case of balance.

There's no reason to respond to this post since I won't read any more posts from you, not until you grow up.

Good, stay out of my thread. I don't need people standing upon ignorant assumptions to ruin intellectual discussion.

Euandros:

What you have to realize is the reason Bite has all of these effects is because Erebus is a 'General' so that his minions will be able to dole out a large amount of damage to the enemy.

This is assuming the other team doesn't have crowd control like Rook/TB, or other generals like oak with minions to counter? Nope! Bite is OP because we tunnel vision and don't look at other possible factors.

if you throw in the fact that he can warp into and out of combat...

This is assuming he has infinite mana, and you say warp like it's a significant amount of distance, considering its no where near getting out of range for roll/snipe/sometimes fireball. You also neglect that moving OUT of combat, requires mana. If you go back to base to get more, or pot up, you lose several things: 1) Gold. If you arent killing creeps, you lose gold. If you're not judging battles properly and require mana pots, it's more gold. 2) EXP. Most importantly. If you're going back for mana to keep playing like this, or offsetting it by spending gold on pots, you're going to lose EXP and thus they will LEVEL FASTER. COMMON SENSE MUCH?

You obviously know exactly what the game needs and are the biggest pro ever?

I never claimed to be the biggest pro ever. Quote me please? Oh god, don't assume more either. Sick of that.

As far as my 'skills' go, I'm not the greatest player in the world and never claimed to be

Wait. Stop it right there. Okay, we have established that you don't know everything. So stop talking about balance like you KNOW, EVERYTHING. The developers ARE retarded, and take every word seriously that you say, and you dont know what you're talking about. The retardation of GPG correlates directly to you yourself, whining.

You want to debate they aren't retarded? This balance change. 100% based off of whining. Whining, that has no base other than PUGS playing in pantheon matches against random people and getting owned. They literally used nothing to base this nerf off of. Pretty fucking retarded if you ask me.

I am fully aware he has low HP and the like, so does Torchbearer...that doesn't stop him from stacking armor and being a tank.

That also doesn't stop the enemy from stacking the same amount of HP/Armor, and having better stats in the end. You also neglect the fact that a demigod isn't in front of a lane 24/7. We call this micro-management. Smart players out-level and out-farm others. Out-farming/Out-leveling leads to an even bigger stats gap. Erebus doesn't hold his own well against certain demigods, so you give him too much room to just BUY items like he is free to do so without the other team to shut him out. ASSUME ASSUME ASSUME

I'm suprised at how un-aware you seem to be.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every bit of damage has to be considered when you're 'scratching' away at your enemy.

Low levels when staying in lanes is really important, I can shrug off 300-600 damage with 300 extra melee damage to regen it, because Erebus can't tank towers in combination with a demigod hitting you, let alone two, or three, or five. Trust me, the damage is pretty negligible.

So yes, yes it does and would 'scratch' her...and the fact that it would slow her and reduce her armor makes it child's play for a team to pick her off. 

...Okay. I'm assuming your a pantheon pug and haven't fought a good QoT, let alone a QoT that fights with a team, and isn't 3v1. See, right there. You assumed skill wasn't a factor, and that the other team is made up of retarded children. 1350 shield...is a-LOT of damage mitigated. QoT has a LOT of nuke damage combined with minions. a-LOT more survivability than an erebus can dream of. How the fuck can you compare? Fuck you're dumb.

Why would I let Rook land a slam?

Tends to happen when you're stunned, and/or charging a stun too late. I'm sorry man, you aren't super man. Oh, don't neglect roll either. Word on the street is, smart team work using ventrilo can coordinate ANOTHER demigod's stun in conjunction with slam, before the stun even hits. BAM.

I'm done here, I'd rather not talk to someone who is a troll like yourself.

You just got thoroughly owned. Brand me what you want, it doesn't make you correct, nor does it make my arguments irrelevent. Idiot.

OrexxerO:

Oak or Sedna sure, but unless its a custom match or skirmish when exactly are you going to be fighting a UB or QoT?

ESL matches, clan matches, organized team matches. I'm sorry sir, pantheon is not an appropriate outlet to base balance off of. Even developers (before they went retarded) are implementing a clan pantheon that does not split demigods by side. By the way, why not Rook? He's the tankiest demigod, and out-melees erebus in every respect. Without a full blown minion build (which results in erebus being easier to kill), how does he compete with just a BITE, that got nerfed?

StAcK3D_ActR

you should atleast back yourself up with proven facts and stop ridiculing others if you want them to give constructive posts in your thread.

Okay, define proven facts. What is a proven fact? It can't be an opinion, can it? No, of course not. Of COURSE im not allowed to argue opinions of what is OP, with another opinion. They have to be conclusive FACTS.

I've given many constructive posts, and they're neglected. I'm not sugar-coating this message anymore. What GPG did is straight up retarded, and the way whining newbies are fueling this is equally so. Can you describe it better, or do you differ in opinion? Prove your opinion is a fact for me, sir.

May 12, 2009 5:31:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the best players around

Theres like 30 good players, then it just drops miles down the chart. I can't assume I know everyone, but all of the other 'good' players have yet to make themselves known.

I'm not happy man. They're basing a nerf upon a whining majority. This is bad practice for balancing a game.

May 12, 2009 5:34:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't need people standing upon ignorant assumptions to ruin intellectual discussion.

Oh wow, the ignorance and irony/arrogance of that post.

And that is the last time I ever respond to a thread of yours or to you personally.

May 12, 2009 5:39:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And that is the last time I ever respond to a thread of yours or to you personally.

That is right son. You assumed. You got burned. Stay the hell out of intellectual discussion. Stay the FUCK out of balance discussion.

May 12, 2009 5:40:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For the unaware, the planned changes are available in reply #72 in this thread https://forums.demigodthegame.com/351530/page/3/#2199625

May 12, 2009 5:43:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extacide,
Aw man, I'm going to break down some quotes tonight.

fraggelsmurf:

Huh? Where am I whining? If anything, I'm whining about people who whine, because the developers obviously are using the whine as serious leverage for balancing. If you know anything about games, you should know that just because the majority wills something, it doesn't mean it's whats best for the game. ESPECIALLY in the case of balance.

Good, stay out of my thread. I don't need people standing upon ignorant assumptions to ruin intellectual discussion.

Euandros:

What you have to realize is the reason Bite has all of these effects is because Erebus is a 'General' so that his minions will be able to dole out a large amount of damage to the enemy.

This is assuming the other team doesn't have crowd control like Rook/TB, or other generals like oak with minions to counter? Nope! Bite is OP because we tunnel vision and don't look at other possible factors.

if you throw in the fact that he can warp into and out of combat...

This is assuming he has infinite mana, and you say warp like it's a significant amount of distance, considering its no where near getting out of range for roll/snipe/sometimes fireball. You also neglect that moving OUT of combat, requires mana. If you go back to base to get more, or pot up, you lose several things: 1) Gold. If you arent killing creeps, you lose gold. If you're not judging battles properly and require mana pots, it's more gold. 2) EXP. Most importantly. If you're going back for mana to keep playing like this, or offsetting it by spending gold on pots, you're going to lose EXP and thus they will LEVEL FASTER. COMMON SENSE MUCH?

You obviously know exactly what the game needs and are the biggest pro ever?

I never claimed to be the biggest pro ever. Quote me please? Oh god, don't assume more either. Sick of that.

As far as my 'skills' go, I'm not the greatest player in the world and never claimed to be

Wait. Stop it right there. Okay, we have established that you don't know everything. So stop talking about balance like you KNOW, EVERYTHING. The developers ARE retarded, and take every word seriously that you say, and you dont know what you're talking about. The retardation of GPG correlates directly to you yourself, whining.

You want to debate they aren't retarded? This balance change. 100% based off of whining. Whining, that has no base other than PUGS playing in pantheon matches against random people and getting owned. They literally used nothing to base this nerf off of. Pretty fucking retarded if you ask me.

I am fully aware he has low HP and the like, so does Torchbearer...that doesn't stop him from stacking armor and being a tank.

That also doesn't stop the enemy from stacking the same amount of HP/Armor, and having better stats in the end. You also neglect the fact that a demigod isn't in front of a lane 24/7. We call this micro-management. Smart players out-level and out-farm others. Out-farming/Out-leveling leads to an even bigger stats gap. Erebus doesn't hold his own well against certain demigods, so you give him too much room to just BUY items like he is free to do so without the other team to shut him out. ASSUME ASSUME ASSUME

I'm suprised at how un-aware you seem to be.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every bit of damage has to be considered when you're 'scratching' away at your enemy.

Low levels when staying in lanes is really important, I can shrug off 300-600 damage with 300 extra melee damage to regen it, because Erebus can't tank towers in combination with a demigod hitting you, let alone two, or three, or five. Trust me, the damage is pretty negligible.

So yes, yes it does and would 'scratch' her...and the fact that it would slow her and reduce her armor makes it child's play for a team to pick her off. 

...Okay. I'm assuming your a pantheon pug and haven't fought a good QoT, let alone a QoT that fights with a team, and isn't 3v1. See, right there. You assumed skill wasn't a factor, and that the other team is made up of retarded children. 1350 shield...is a-LOT of damage mitigated. QoT has a LOT of nuke damage combined with minions. a-LOT more survivability than an erebus can dream of. How the fuck can you compare? Fuck you're dumb.

Why would I let Rook land a slam?

Tends to happen when you're stunned, and/or charging a stun too late. I'm sorry man, you aren't super man. Oh, don't neglect roll either. Word on the street is, smart team work using ventrilo can coordinate ANOTHER demigod's stun in conjunction with slam, before the stun even hits. BAM.

I'm done here, I'd rather not talk to someone who is a troll like yourself.

You just got thoroughly owned. Brand me what you want, it doesn't make you correct, nor does it make my arguments irrelevent. Idiot.

OrexxerO:

Oak or Sedna sure, but unless its a custom match or skirmish when exactly are you going to be fighting a UB or QoT?

ESL matches, clan matches, organized team matches. I'm sorry sir, pantheon is not an appropriate outlet to base balance off of. Even developers (before they went retarded) are implementing a clan pantheon that does not split demigods by side. By the way, why not Rook? He's the tankiest demigod, and out-melees erebus in every respect. Without a full blown minion build (which results in erebus being easier to kill), how does he compete with just a BITE, that got nerfed?

StAcK3D_ActR

Okay, define proven facts. What is a proven fact? It can't be an opinion, can it? No, of course not. Of COURSE im not allowed to argue opinions of what is OP, with another opinion. They have to be conclusive FACTS.

I've given many constructive posts, and they're neglected. I'm not sugar-coating this message anymore. What GPG did is straight up retarded, and the way whining newbies are fueling this is equally so. Can you describe it better, or do you differ in opinion? Prove your opinion is a fact for me, sir.

I'm glad you've learned to take things out of context and twist words or make assertions without claiming to have implied them.   I just want to say that yes it is a shame that anyone is nerfed at all, let alone when we don't know 100% why the decision was made.   You even have gone as far to claim that the developers are retarded and clearly only listen to newbie whiners.   I'd rather you stopped throwing insults around and realize that I am fully aware of all of the things you mentioned above and I shouldn't have to write seven papers about every different aspect of the game in order to make you see that I am simply basing my support of this nerf due to the fact that the ability itself was far too mana efficient based on the overall effects.

May 12, 2009 5:47:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extacide,

That is right son. You assumed. You got burned. Stay the hell out of intellectual discussion. Stay the FUCK out of balance discussion.

Most considerate or intellectual people would stop flaming other people and show some respect as it is highly likely in most every situation that you are missing some angle even if you were the most intelligent person alive.   If I could put you on ignore on this point I would.   I did state that I wouldn't talk to you any longer but I do so hate not defending myself, especially from an asshole whom seems bent on putting everyone else around him below him.

May 12, 2009 5:48:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DO feed the troll.

May 12, 2009 5:48:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

'm not happy man. They're basing a nerf upon a whining majority

How do you know they didn't also consider what the players which have proven to give valuable feedback during beta said. It might be shocking but sometimes what the majority thinks is true. Should they just not do it because the majority thinks it is right then?

If there are only 30 good players you don't belong to them sorry - unless you improved a lot since we played last (not saying you are bad but definitely not top 30)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000813   Page Render Time: