The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Erebus nerf in next patch

By on May 11, 2009 10:42:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't see a post on this so many have probably missed it.  Looks like it might be a pretty good 'tweak' not a huge nerf which is good.

Quoting Frogboy,
Just got this note from GPG. Not for today's update but for the next one (which is likely going to be v1.01):

BALANCE- Lord Erebus Bite

Bite's Mana Cost increased, Damage decreased, Armor Reduction decreased.

Mana Cost increased from 300/420/500/595 to 350/500/650/800.

Damage and health gain decreased from 300/500/700/900 to 250/425/600/775.

Armor reduction decreased from to 250/400/600/800 250/400/550/700.

+7 Karma | 126 Replies
May 12, 2009 1:49:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,

Quoting OhLordE, reply 4Super-Duper-Lame-Face-God-This-Sucks

Goes to show if enough people complain about something it will get changed....

/Sigh

How 'bout them Sedna nerfs and UB spit going to melee? That coming soon too?
muahahahah

Seriously though, I would make UB's spit melee.

Anyway, personally, if I were in charge of balancing, I would remove the slowdown from Bite completely(honestly, batswarm should be enough. Even I'll admit that the slow down is too much), reduce the armour reduction(perhaps max it out at 600?), and increase the mana cost by about 15%. Keep everything else the same.

May 12, 2009 1:50:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

doublepost

May 12, 2009 3:05:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mana Cost increased from 300/420/500/595 to 350/500/650/800.

Damage and health gain decreased from 300/500/700/900 to 250/425/600/775.

Armor reduction decreased from to 250/400/600/800 250/400/550/700.

i shall amend this to what it should be

Mana Cost increased from 300/420/500/595 to 320/460/560/680.

Damage and health gain decreased from 300/500/700/900 to 300/500/700/900.

he has the worst armor in the game if u dont get him upgrades for health or armor he is very squish  so this is  not very aplicable

Armor reduction decreased from to 250/400/600/800 250/400/600/800.

i dont even see this as a major problem about it it seems u are just bitching about it

but the armor and  health regain/dmg  are fine as they are  there is a tweek to be had in the mana area i have found that  the slow down for  bite is a bit high too

May 12, 2009 3:09:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Changing everything at once is a strong scientific approach.  That way it will be easy to understand & interpret the results data later on.  I feel so very confident in the devs now.

Yeah I'm sure the devs will start analyzing some replays of games after the nerf to see how things are working out and...oh, right.

May 12, 2009 3:17:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait and see, as an erebus player I really don't think it will end up being that big a deal - we are pretty hard to kill in most cases now anyway.  I don't think these changes went live in todays patch anyway.

May 12, 2009 3:20:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's clearly not going to be the only balance chance in the patch - it may well balance out.

Considering that the only balance issue mentioned is the erebus issue, what makes you think it's not the only balance issue addressed? Are the other one's going to be a surprise?

May 12, 2009 3:23:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Problem is bite is Erebus's only big damage move, and it stops scaling at level 10, as such this nerf hurts him a great deal more than the numbers would have some believe. Yes some contend that an 1800hp swing between players is too great, but this assumes that Erebus actually gains 900hp, which he does not at close to full, or full health. I think they should have upped the mana cost and added an additional rank to allow him to still stay competitive near endgame with other demigods. Of course, I play QoT, Sedna, Regulus, and UB as well, so it doesn’t effect me to much; it is however worry some that the devs would swing the nerf bat so hard, and frankly so fast, this action instills within me great concern in regards to the other demigods which I enjoy playing.

May 12, 2009 3:34:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BeardKing,
Problem is bite is Erebus's only big damage move, and it stops scaling at level 10, as such this nerf hurts him a great deal more than the numbers would have some believe. Yes some contend that an 1800hp swing between players is too great, but this assumes that Erebus actually gains 900hp, which he does not at close to full, or full health.

Only bad erebus use bite at full health. Waste of mana for 900 damage.

May 12, 2009 3:40:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with beardking, this seems like the devs didn't even give the ppl whining about erebus time to accumulate some skill before nerfing him. I mean really, nerfing a character that does a couple things well but nothing great is kind of like making a kid who needs glasses sit in the back of the class. I've read some of the posts QQ about erebus and asking for some balance, and in several cases they are flat out misrepresenting the facts. For example, a couple posts down the OP claims that erebus isn't squishy. The demi with the lowest armor in the game not squishy? How do you test squishiness? He doesn't even have a decent amount of hps at any level. There's a reason ppl lol when you mist, and bat swarm isn't winning any battles, but who cares that most of his skills aren't that useful, let's nerf his one good one. Factor in that most of the other demi's who's stats kinda suck have skills that can make them better and erebus' crappy stats stand out even more. I'm not even one of the players playing erebus as an assassin and this makes me uncomfortable. I play and all minion erebus, and now the only skill worth taking on him now costs 800 mana for a skill that at level 20 is one of the weakest skills among all demis. Sedna's heals scale WAY past erebus' bite late in the game, and after level 16 most demi's can shrug off erebus' melee damage, so why does anyone have a problem with a skill he has use right in your face? 800 mana? holy spit.

Real solution: put the skill back the way it was, and increase the cool down a bit more. That's all it needs.

edit: the reason bite is the only skill I use is at level 10 and less, his other skills will give you one use and you're out of mana already, and now bite costs even more. forcing us to waste mone on hats, i see how it is

May 12, 2009 3:41:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So only bad erebus like to reduce their opponents armor, slow them, and deal damage at the beginning of the fight? really...

May 12, 2009 3:48:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this will work

May 12, 2009 4:04:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was especting some nerf, i think mana and armor reduction are ok but damage is not.

Bite is the only damage move Erebus have and late game was already not well scaled, now it's a joke.

Time to go UB or Oak then

sad panda

May 12, 2009 5:15:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting G4N35H,

Only bad erebus use bite at full health. Waste of mana for 900 damage. So only bad erebus like to reduce their opponents armor, slow them, and deal damage at the beginning of the fight? really...

i use it at the begining  so a they dont run  b  to do dmg  c so i can use it twice in one fight  waiting for ur health to go down seems stupid  when u  dont tend to die in less than 8 secs

best thing is his  bat swarm i save a dude because i bat swarm to the enermy  and stunned my allie ran away and i kill the dude

May 12, 2009 5:32:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,

i use it at the begining  so a they dont run  b  to do dmg  c so i can use it twice in one fight  waiting for ur health to go down seems stupid  when u  dont tend to die in less than 8 secs

best thing is his  bat swarm i save a dude because i bat swarm to the enermy  and stunned my allie ran away and i kill the dude

...an thn he wsa like boom  form of void ad bat swrm ftw u hvnt played until u buy ashhahkndr and pwn  boyaa  no mre mr nic erbus h no  sure rook cn tower farm and sedna bt when in panthen i pwn u liek pling dude your gone  hav noting on me

May 12, 2009 9:24:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lemminkaeinen,

Quoting si1foo, reply 13

...an thn he wsa like boom  form of void ad bat swrm ftw u hvnt played until u buy ashhahkndr and pwn  boyaa  no mre mr nic erbus h no  sure rook cn tower farm and sedna bt when in panthen i pwn u liek pling dude your gone  hav noting on me

please tell me that isn''t your normal typing that is herndous  i can't read that and i doubt many people here could

May 12, 2009 9:27:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pretty much what I expected. Clearly not overdone and should prove to be quite balanced. Good job on that one.

Now for UB's Spit to be made melee range...

May 12, 2009 9:42:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This game has get stuck bugs during abilites and other crap, you have to be next to the person to hit them and alot of the time this game wont let you use the skill when you are next to them. I think they are making a mistake , I've seen others play their classes well and bite wont save you when they do.

FIX THE GOD DAMN GETTING STUCK AND CONTINUITY BUGS WHEN IT COMES TO ABILITIES. 

May 12, 2009 10:30:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zoobi07,

Only bad erebus thinks that Erebus player's are bad if bite is their first attack, because they are silly in the head and forget about the armor reduction so Erebus' auto-attack and his minions do more damage while waiting for cooldown, by which time you'll hit it again and gain any life back, and it will also slow him down and prevent him from running right off the bat if he was to try so.

My Erebus > Your Erebus

May 12, 2009 10:41:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When you're using a move that does a lot of healing not for the healing....seeing the problem yet?

It did too many things too well.  Now it will do them all still, but less well.

May 12, 2009 10:47:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OhLordE,

Quoting Zoobi07, reply 8
Only bad erebus thinks that Erebus player's are bad if bite is their first attack, because they are silly in the head and forget about the armor reduction so Erebus' auto-attack and his minions do more damage while waiting for cooldown, by which time you'll hit it again and gain any life back, and it will also slow him down and prevent him from running right off the bat if he was to try so.

My Erebus > Your Erebus

What you described was the whole problem with Bite.

May 12, 2009 10:53:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good nerf, I would have preferred an increase in recharge from 7 to 10 as well, maybe instead of the armor debuff which seems negligible. It was definitely the most OP skill in the game.

Next up: mines, snipe, spit, bramble shield.

May 12, 2009 11:05:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To all the people saying the devs are stupid for listening, they're not. Bite until the fix and probably still after the fix is the best move in the game. Combined with the fact it's only 4 points, he can max poisoned blood, mass charm, bat swarm, and mist with the same build. How many other demigods can say that they can max all 4 of their skills? (TB and QoT don't count) Better yet how many of them can do that and it still be good?

Needed nerf coming from an erebus player, still not sure if it's enough through we'll have to see. Maybe we'll be lucky and this will actually make it hard to win with erebus. (although regulus and TB are still gonna get smoked by him.)

May 12, 2009 11:15:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How many other demigods can say that they can max all 4 of their skills? (TB and QoT don't count)

That's....more than a third of them....

May 12, 2009 11:30:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the nerf was about 7% too much.. thats just me though. If they end up nerfing him hard.. they will just have to buff him later.

May 12, 2009 11:44:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting InfiniteVengeance,

Ignores the sentence that comes after the quote.

The point of saying it was more then a third of them was? QoT and TB both have 2 forms so they don't have "4 skills" it'd be stupid to count them.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.