The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Monday update in the works

By on May 11, 2009 10:40:46 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

On Friday we released a new update that included the “breaththru” tech and got great results for those who were having match making issues. It had one logic bug that we’re fixing now (if you can’t connect to 1 person it’ll stop trying to connect to anyone else) which should make a significant difference.  The plan is to get that update up this afternoon (EST).

After today’s update the GPG and Stardock teams will be working on two different things.

The Stardock team has the developer of Raknet here in the office this week to help us improve the NAT facilitation code.  The Impulse team has come up with ways to make Demigod internally a client/server game without having to change Demigod as well as hooking up the game to the proxy servers. 

The GPG team is working on updates to encourage…better behavior by users in terms of dealing with people who disconnect along with some balance changes and some work on the in-game connectivity.

When that happens, we’ll probably release that as v1.01 and start the second epoch (stats reset, player stats reset with access to their first epoch stats in their account). 

This will be the end of the “Beta” patches (for the foreseeable future anyway) though as we don’t want to split the community.

Stay tuned.

+912 Karma | 119 Replies
May 11, 2009 3:08:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good luck from Switzerland! I hope you can get this patch to work! I also have a code problem at the office that I will have to fix tommorrow  

May 11, 2009 3:33:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's already fixed in the beta and thus will be in the release.

Yea its definately not fixed in the beta.

Just to clarify things, we are talking about the bug that when you bat swarm in with Erebus and try to bite your enemy, he sits there and does nothing untill you move him and do it again. Same thing happens with Sedna heal, QoT bramble etc. etc.

I THINK it may have decreased in the beta, but cant really say. But its still 100% noticeable

May 11, 2009 3:38:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

any ETA for removing AI?

May 11, 2009 3:46:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could we please get an ETA for 1.01?  I would prefer to just start playing again when that is officially released.

May 11, 2009 4:21:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The_Witchdocta,
Could we please get an ETA for 1.01?  I would prefer to just start playing again when that is officially released.

You have to stay up with the times imo.

Today's update is to fix the game so you can actually PLAY the game .... 1.01 is a future update they will release once the game works so i highly doubt they have a ETA of 1.01

May 11, 2009 4:41:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Will investigate. They're supposed to be fixed.
I think we're talking about two different bugs here. There's one where you stop chasing or start hitting creeps when the DG you're attacked moves. Then there's one where your ability doesn't work unless you move or do something else then try the ability again.

May 11, 2009 5:13:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The "I have full mana, within range, click attack spell on enemy, and my guy stands there doing nothing" bug still exists for me too.  I've been on the latest beta since release.

May 11, 2009 5:22:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep still happens to me also, in fact played a game with you and both of us had this damned problem.

May 11, 2009 5:40:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The GPG team is working on updates to encourage…better behavior by users in terms of dealing with people who disconnect

Could you elaborate on that? If it's just a publicly viewable statistic that lists mid-game disconnects I will make sure that my pc runs Demigod as slowly as possible to grief everyone I'm playing with into quitting just to show how silly that is

May 11, 2009 5:48:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just get multiplayer custom games working. Enough with the NAT issues, seriously. It's been almost a month now. I'm extremely loyal to Stardock but this is old

May 11, 2009 5:56:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hogo91,
Any news on replays?

Thanks Frog

May 11, 2009 6:15:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy, it would be nice if you could define afternoon and tonight in Stardock lingo

May 11, 2009 6:17:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lilCrawf501,
There seems to be a seperate bug that makes casting targetable spells uncastable until you move and then recast.

... and it is the most annoying bug ever.  I can't even count the times something like this has happened:

Alright, good, finally got that pain of a Rook down to half hp. Now, wait for the hammer slam... wait for it... wait for it... Stun! ... stun? Stunstunst-*wham, dead character*

May 11, 2009 6:17:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, it must be getting towards the end of hte working day now Frogboy... Just release what you have so far and go home, don't wait another day on this. Best to have some problem still in and hotfix this week than to leave it longer I'd say.

May 11, 2009 6:21:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PhoenixBomb,

Any news on replays?

Thanks Frog

+1

May 11, 2009 6:23:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dead Ghost,

... and it is the most annoying bug ever.  I can't even count the times something like this has happened:

Alright, good, finally got that pain of a Rook down to half hp. Now, wait for the hammer slam... wait for it... wait for it... Stun! ... stun? Stunstunst-*wham, dead character*

Yeah this bug sure sux bad... almost as bad as Angels for 3.6k!

May 11, 2009 6:36:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Makerz,

Quoting The_Witchdocta, reply 4Could we please get an ETA for 1.01?  I would prefer to just start playing again when that is officially released.

You have to stay up with the times imo.

Today's update is to fix the game so you can actually PLAY the game .... 1.01 is a future update they will release once the game works so i highly doubt they have a ETA of 1.01

Thanks jerk, as if I can't read. Where did I ever mention a relationship between today's update and 1.01? Oh that's right, I didn't.  You should learn to read "IMO." It's a totally legitimate question to ask for an ETA on something that's mentioned...especially considering that this is an unfinished product when it comes to the factors mentioned. Don't make dense assumptions and don't bother responding with stuff that isn't at all helpful..AKA if you don't know what you're talking about, don't respond.

ONCE AGAIN...I'll ask...Approximate ETA on 1.01?

May 11, 2009 6:43:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hah, now all other developers know not to use Raknet in their game...

May 11, 2009 6:44:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Today's update is NOT v1.01.  

The new build is staged. We're testing it.  Hopefully in the next hour or so. We're just trying to be careful.

May 11, 2009 6:46:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The_Witchdocta,

I think "when it's done" is both wholly appropriate and appropriately snarky in this instance.

May 11, 2009 6:46:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Today's update is NOT v1.01.  

The new build is staged. We're testing it.  Hopefully in the next hour or so. We're just trying to be careful.
\

I never mentioned today's update as having any relationship to 1.01.  For a third time: Do you have an ETA on 1.01?

May 11, 2009 6:46:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just got this note from GPG. Not for today's update but for the next one (which is likely going to be v1.01):

[BALANCE] Lord Erebus Bite

Bite's Mana Cost increased, Damage decreased, Armor Reduction decreased.

Mana Cost increased from 300/420/500/595 to 350/500/650/800.

Damage and health gain decreased from 300/500/700/900 to 250/425/600/775.

Armor reduction decreased from to 250/400/600/800 250/400/550/700.

May 11, 2009 6:46:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gotta love when people actually bother to read replies before posting...

cheers for the updates frogboy, dont rush the thing

May 11, 2009 6:49:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KenoLFD,

Quoting The_Witchdocta, reply 17

I think "when it's done" is both wholly appropriate and appropriately snarky in this instance.

You know what's appropriate? Having these near countless issues situated long before now. I gave this game time, but now we're at a point where this is just dumb.  Yeah, yeah fanboys, flame on.

May 11, 2009 6:53:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You know what's appropriate? Having these near countless issues situated long before now. I gave this game time, but now we're at a point where this is just dumb.  Yeah, yeah fanboys, flame on.

Well then go get a refund then and go away.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000937   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.