The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

finger of god?

By on May 10, 2009 8:11:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what exactly does this upgrade do? i've gotten it several times but I still am not quite sure what it does.  I've seen some lightning bolt looking things on occasion after getting it but don't know what it's range/damage/effects are.

0 Karma | 31 Replies
May 10, 2009 8:15:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Goes BOOM

Not sure on the dmg, but it makes for some of the most hilarious kills/deaths

May 10, 2009 8:24:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Funny thing is that no matter how many times I see that the enemy's bought it, I never actually see it do anything, which is even funnier when you consider how freaked out the announcer sounds about it.

May 10, 2009 8:26:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's the lightning bolt thingey. I don't know the damage either, but it does damage and throws reinforcement minotaurs, archers, and priests in the air for insta-kill. Range is unlimited, it picks it's own target.

May 10, 2009 8:41:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think of it as a gadget, I never lost a game against it

May 10, 2009 8:44:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
It's the lightning bolt thingey. I don't know the damage either, but it does damage and throws reinforcement minotaurs, archers, and priests in the air for insta-kill. Range is unlimited, it picks it's own target.

And that target is usually me

May 10, 2009 8:51:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The announcers voice is so over the top when he says it.

THE FORCES OF LIGHT HAVE CONSTRUCTED A FINGER OF GOD!

I lol hard every time.

May 10, 2009 8:57:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I miss: Oh-My-Demigod!

I know I've said it before, but I really miss it

May 10, 2009 9:02:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wasn't in beta, but looking into it, why would they take that out?

It's awesome.

May 10, 2009 9:10:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I KNOW RIGHT?!

May 10, 2009 9:58:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL I have never been a victim of the Finger of God but I have seen it land right on top of a persons head during a duel and kill them off before...and sometimes you hear a metal CLUNK sound as it comes down somewhere nearby. But yeah it doesn't seem to have that much effect. Its just cool to hear SO AND SO HAS CONSTRUCTED A FINGER OF GOD!!! MUAHAHAHAH!

May 10, 2009 10:13:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Ironic thing is that the Demigod universe is decidedly polytheistic, making this upgrade title INCREDIBLY vague.

May 11, 2009 1:58:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone have insight as to the actual dmg, cooldown, aoe, etc for the weapon?

May 11, 2009 2:16:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's definetly too weak.

May 11, 2009 2:23:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For the price, I usually never get it unless it's a sure win, and I have plenty of money.  I've see it hit the ground, no target around, so it might be a random "place", not target. If true, a smaller map might make it far more deadly.

May 11, 2009 2:48:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was playing with my friend on Crucible trying to get him into the game. I was heading to the artifact shop from the enemy base and it dropped my ass!

Must of hit me 3 or 4 times in a row and finished me off. It was hilarious.

May 11, 2009 5:03:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As far as I can tell it's like the Heaven's Wrath Favor Item shooting off automatically now and then, although it might deal slightly more damage.   Occassionally it can be useful, generally speaking though...leave it to your area damage DGs.

May 11, 2009 7:45:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it does around 1k dmg

May 11, 2009 7:57:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Personally, I think it needs to do significantly more damage, I've been hit by it as an HP stacked Erebus and the damage I recieved was fairly minimal - maybe 1000 to 1500 damage.

May 11, 2009 8:00:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The trebuchets and Finger of God are mostly there to help against late-game reinforcements, I'm guessing. A finger of god strike in a reinforcement wave means it's half-dead, leaving your own troops free to push forward. Suppose it's good if you're playing a DG that lacks AE.

May 11, 2009 12:57:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well Trebuchets are actually useful on some levels, for example in the 2v2 map, buying trebuchets means they'll auto-clear the six nearest enemy defences, and shoot at enemies before they even get into the midpoint. Most players are smart enough not to chase someone into light tower range, but it's a lot easier to get them to chace you into trebuchet range.

On the flipside, the Finger of God doesn't seem too useful, unless it shoots /way/ more often than it seems to. The infinate-range is nice (maybe it's off shooting enemy defences all the time, I dunno), but that much gold for 1-1.5k (maybe the structure-attack-booster buffs it?) damage just isn't worth it unless it shoots at least once every three seconds or so.

May 11, 2009 1:08:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Trebuchets are also pretty important to get first in fortress games.  If you get the trebuchet first you can have your fortresses knock down half of the enemy fortresses with the trebuchet.

May 11, 2009 2:52:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but that much gold for 1-1.5k (maybe the structure-attack-booster buffs it?) damage just isn't worth it unless it shoots at least once every three seconds or so.
That'd be like buying a whole new Demigod for your team. Except it can't be stopped.

May 11, 2009 5:03:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
Personally, I think it needs to do significantly more damage, I've been hit by it as an HP stacked Erebus and the damage I recieved was fairly minimal - maybe 1000 to 1500 damage.

If it did more damage, I just might buy it from time to time.

May 11, 2009 5:12:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only reason I buy the Finger of God is to hear the announcer.

THE FORCES OF DARKNESS HAVE CONSTRUCTED A FINGER OF GOD!!!

Priceless.

May 11, 2009 5:17:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its by far the "coolest" upgrade, but also one of the most useless.

It hits like once every minute and do measly amounts of damage for how late game it is. 

3-4k would be better, since at war rank 10 most dgs have 5k+ hps anyway, and the chance that it actually hits a DG is minimal at best. With this change, at least if you where lucky enought to have it hit the enemy dg, you might actually be able to finish him off if hes nearby, making the finger worth it. but maybe this would require it do be a little more expensive also, which is okay, if it was like 5.5 k gold or similar.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000704   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.