The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: W00t!

By on May 9, 2009 3:24:28 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The BETA is up. We plan to push this to release on Monday as it’s massively better.

What’s new in this beta:

• Massive connectivity optimizations and updates
  • Favor Items fixed
  • Favor points fixed
  • Major optimizations to audio on low fidelity settings
  • Fixed bug that occured if you used an ability after issuing an attack command. This is the "won't chase the demigod I clicked" bug.
  • Achievements properly vaulting on Impulse
  • Sending deltas for partially completed achievements.
  • Each player now saves their own achievements and favor items
  • Fixed partial Achievement saves bug.
  • Fixed a bug that occurred if you accomplished an achievement in game.
  • Fixed a bug in disconnect dialog that would try to update it even if we had determined we did not want to show it.
  • Fixed sound performance issue (for users who were having to run without sound)
  • Changed resample rate to 24k in Low settings
  • Delayed FMOD initialization until audio LOD is set via options
  • Disabled hitbox interference from announcer messages.
  • Life's Child no longer removes Inner Grace (Sedna fix)

If you want to try the beta (and like I said, we plan to release this on Monday when we’re back):

You will need to tell Impulse to show pre-release versions:

Have fun! I’ll be around this weekend to play! I think you are going to like this update…

+912 Karma | 113 Replies
May 10, 2009 10:50:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is a big lie, its still happen( less often at least), and sedna heal on teamate can still randomly fail
  Or, more likely, there's more than one related movement bug.

May 10, 2009 11:18:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice to se all this effective feed back and work being done on bugs.

Even tho alot of games are released with ALOT of annoying bugs theese days. I must say this support/managment is doing great to keep the community happy. Every 1 who is whining about stuf should just play other games and se how badly some of them are managed after release. Atleast we se alot of possitive things happening.

Great job keep it up! This will most likley make me start playing again . Took a break because of the achivement point issues.

May 10, 2009 11:21:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Invisible: Who's your ISP?

May 10, 2009 2:17:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone can tell me what's the difference between how Gameranger works and how Stardock mp works in Demigod? I'm curious about this...Some people can play on GR without a problem, but can't play with the built-in demigod mp.

May 10, 2009 6:16:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Invisible:

I also have a fritzbox (the 7270) and I have no problems. This patch rocks hard until now

Do a port forward ( udp 6002 to 6200 ) and configure those also in your impulsereactoroptions.exe. Thats all you really need to do with your configuration.

Sorry for my not-so-perfect english and good luck!

May 10, 2009 7:12:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While using the beta, semi-frequent game crashes while a multi-player game is loading.

May 10, 2009 7:46:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, as for now i am in DMZ so there are ALL ports forwarded to me ^^ the problems should not be port related i guess...

my ISP is freenet Cityline GmbH (i am from germany).

i´ve planned to change my isp already so i hope it is a isp related issue and it is no problem with my next isp.

although i have no problems with all other games and i can play demigod with gameranger... thats the strange one.

if i can provide any other information to help the developers (and in the end maybe me ^^) i will try to supply it; just ask, please.

some more information:

uPNP is disabled

igmp is disabled

dos protection is disabled

"use TCP SYN Flood" disabled

i forwarded port 6000 - 6200 for UDP and set port 6002 - 6200 in ImpulseReactorOptions.

unfortunatly i´ve done this a long time ago... so it doesn´t help me.

as far as i know supreme commander uses a similar networking technique, but runs without problems here.

i thank you very much for your patience and for your attempts to help me. nice to see such kind of support!

May 11, 2009 1:44:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well after reading all these positive comments about this beta patch, i updated and tried to join a few games, 0/4 in joining the lobby in 4 different games, all disconnected from Nat faciliator.  then a few worked after that, weird

May 11, 2009 5:37:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi Invisible_XXI

i tried to upnp enabled and it works, try this. Do you see the games there?

That is really strange.. Do you have another hidden firewall? you may be not remember? had the same too

german player too^^.

regards, prophi

May 11, 2009 6:40:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great news, thank you.

May 11, 2009 7:03:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fixed bug that occured if you used an ability after issuing an attack command. This is the "won't chase the demigod I clicked" bug.

Doesn't work with Sedna. It's worse.

May 11, 2009 9:12:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

Yes sedna bug is still there. you cant heal some of your teammate sometimes and they are dying, cause you stand still, nothin happen clicking the heal spell and target.

This is often a win or loose decision.

May 13, 2009 7:19:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Javaslinger,

Quoting No-Joy, reply 24Played one game after eight attempts!  I gave up on the second game after 15 attempts.  Before the issues I could connect and play within 2 to three tries.

Fixed crashes = good so far

Allowing people to show up in a lobby when they eventually have a NAT failure or some other host failure = bad

The patch is far from ready for a final release.  We'll be lucky if they figure out what's going on by Tuesday!  I see no worthy patch to fix multiplayer until mid to late next week at the earliest.  Thursday will be a milestone with the game's 1 month launch and the multiplayer remains mostly broken.

Interesting that you can make these predictions on regarding time of development even though you are not one of the developers...

It's called a WAG and guess what, I'm right!  The latest beta .113 (as seen in-game) was re-released as a main patch with the same .113 version late Monday evening (by that I'm guessing there was no change!).  Tomorrow is the anniversary and today we still have players with multiplayer issues.  Reading the journals there's word on something coming tomorrow...so that would make it mid to late in the week.  Let's just hope this works and it comes out tomorrow and not go through another weekend.  I've lost faith in their p2p system.

Couldn't you guys have licensed GameSpy?!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.