The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Move speed stacking?

By on April 30, 2009 3:35:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there an upper limit to it?

Even when I get the +15% move speed favor item, and all her talents, Sedna still doesn't seem to outrun other heroes reliably.  So, is there an upper limit to move speed increases?

0 Karma | 15 Replies
April 30, 2009 4:10:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Max any Demi can have is move speed 14.

April 30, 2009 6:05:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and what's the cap on the attack speed?

April 30, 2009 6:22:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DrFappo,
and what's the cap on the attack speed?

April 30, 2009 10:17:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you even get to 14? I think the highest Ive seen is 9.1 with UB using all 3 speed items (hmm may not have had journeymen on) and his passive movespeed boost. Is 14 only attainable through some combo of demigod abilities, passives and items?

April 30, 2009 10:22:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting chaosbrynn,
Can you even get to 14? I think the highest Ive seen is 9.1 with UB using all 3 speed items (hmm may not have had journeymen on) and his passive movespeed boost. Is 14 only attainable through some combo of demigod abilities, passives and items?

Hmmm, well there's at leat 5 movespeed items (Journeyman Boots, Boots of Speed, Allfather's Ring, Cloak -can't remember the name, has 20% on it-, and the favor item).

April 30, 2009 10:23:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i've had 8.8 move speed just from passive item bonuses. a Wand of Speed activation would add 25% on top of that, getting it close to 11. a 20% boost from Oak's Surge of Faith would get it near 13 and change. 

so ya, i think the only time you really see the speed cap is in the brief moment after you've won a game and all your DG's stats become maxed out while you're looking at the end of game stats. 

April 30, 2009 10:26:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good point. Does that bring all characters to 14? or just UB? Basically is 14 a hard cap or simply the highest any of the demigods can get.

April 30, 2009 10:38:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

almost sure its a hard cap. winners get all of their stats maxed after the win is announced. you get to go around and slaughter everything still on the map until you close the game over stats window. if you leave it up for a while you can open the character info tab and you'll notice that you're regular attack damage has gone to well over 1000, your attack speed is at 0.5, your move speed is at 14, your armor is at like 11,000, and your health and mana are each close to 15k. i'm almost sure that these numbers are the hard caps for each of those stats. there may be minor variation on the top end of the hard caps based on which Demigod you are playing. 

April 30, 2009 10:44:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had never realised that Transitive, thanks for the info, awesome stuff. Karma for you.

April 30, 2009 11:59:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, 14 is a hard cap, and is reachable in game. You pretty much need all the movespeed items to reach it, though. By then, your base movespeed should be something like 11 or 12. Then if Journeyman Treads proc or you use Wand of Speed, it should hit 14.

April 30, 2009 3:33:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB has a base speed of 6.3 so to get a 14 speed rating the UB would need 14/6.3 = 2.22 or +122% speed bonus.

I'll take a look at the max speed a UB can get without any other help from other DGs.

Swift Anklet

+15%

Boots of Speed

+10%

Cloak of Elvenkind

+20%

All Father's Ring

+15%

Journeyman Treads

+15%

(5% chance to add +50%)

Wand of Speed

+25% for 8 seconds

Inner Beast Passive Ability (Rank III)

+10%

The max speed a UB can get through passive abilities and equipment is a +85% or 6.3*1.85 = 11.66

The max controlled speed (which is using wand of speed for 8 seconds) would be +110% or 6.3 * 2.1 = 13.23

If the Journeyman Treads proced then the user would see the hard cap of 14.  If there was no cap and the user used the wand while the boots proced then his max speed would be +160% or 6.3 * 2.6 = 16.38.

April 30, 2009 7:29:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I think even Rook can technically hit the speed cap, or very very close to it.  I know I have seen my Rook with a 12.6 before, but I have yet to hit the cap.

April 30, 2009 7:43:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anything over 9 on the Rook just looks goofy, like a top-heavy bipedal freight train.  I suggest, for the sake of Rook's dignity, and to keep from giving the archers in his shoulder whiplash, lowering the hard cap -- just for him.  Whadayasay?

April 30, 2009 10:27:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

buying all those items for speed means that if someone ever stunned you or caught up to you you would die instantly.

April 30, 2009 10:33:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZephyrTR,
Anything over 9 on the Rook just looks goofy, like a top-heavy bipedal freight train.  I suggest, for the sake of Rook's dignity, and to keep from giving the archers in his shoulder whiplash, lowering the hard cap -- just for him.  Whadayasay?

lmao

I agree!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000407   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.