The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Video Status Report [Day 7]

By on April 23, 2009 4:04:42 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

[Video Status report]

For those of you who are interested in what is happening, what things we’re looking to do, here’s a video where I walk around and ask some of the key people on the Stardock side of things what they’re doing to keep improving the Demigod player experience.

+912 Karma | 67 Replies
April 23, 2009 7:33:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hahaha, "prolly smoked a lot of dope that week" "they got you on video with that" "i'm KIDDIN" - HE'S NOT I TELL YOU!

April 23, 2009 7:34:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Thanks guys.  If you guys want, we can keep doing these updates even after connectivity and things get addressed.

So we could show meetings where we discuss new demigods or how to implement new match making techniques or us and GPG discussing new items and player suggestions.  

I just worry you'll get sick of seeing these posts.

That would be the most amazing thing ever Just seeing this video update made me want to download the beta, who knows what the next one will do to me.

P.S. Where can I get a SOASE shirt like the one in the update?

April 23, 2009 7:41:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks guys.  If you guys want, we can keep doing these updates even after connectivity and things get addressed.

So we could show meetings where we discuss new demigods or how to implement new match making techniques or us and GPG discussing new items and player suggestions.

It didn't had to be necessarily about Demigod. Excellent status reports such as these could be for emergencies. Good communication is A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than the standard hush-hush adopted by many.

You could use Youtube for videos about how things are going on whatever would be relevant at a given moment and in a spaced out manner.

Flickr could be used to post pictures of your conventions, exhibits and other appropriate still images.

But quite frankly, I for one wouldn't like YOU to get sick of it. How about assign or hire a community coordinator for these kind of things? It's true that y'all interact with users a lot already but there's the need to cut some slack to a probably overworked CEO (probably other staff working backstage as well) and go beyond: fan contests, gathering feedback, selecting a Stardock minion to participate in cons, dinner/lunch with staff members, etc.

Cheers.

April 23, 2009 7:49:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Thanks guys.  If you guys want, we can keep doing these updates even after connectivity and things get addressed.

Sick of them?  Are you kidding me?!  What other game developer or publisher (I'll even count those no longer in business) has shown this level of community interaction and communication?  It's a huge service to your customers and an excellent marketing tool.  If I was you I'd make this a weekly or bi-weekly thing, and I'd do it right after you guys get some sleep.

April 23, 2009 8:00:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Reaper....just....cut your hair man! You are giving us Brits a bad reputation! Shave ya head ya big jessy.

April 23, 2009 8:06:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great stuff.

April 23, 2009 8:08:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think aLap broke the forum *g*

April 23, 2009 8:12:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We're not sick of it, no.

But once the connection stuff is solved, you might get sick of it. The updates will probably get less frequent at that point, and thats cool. I'd rather see occasional instresting updates then see you try to keep updating every day even when you have nothing to say.

April 23, 2009 8:27:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks guys. If you guys want, we can keep doing these updates even after connectivity and things get addressed.

Please do.  SD presence on the forum`s is what got me attached to the company in the first place.  These vid updates are taking it to another level.

April 23, 2009 8:34:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So wait... did I see a software developer who uses Internet Explorer? WTF.

April 23, 2009 9:02:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

very well scripted

April 23, 2009 9:03:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

yesplx, I always love behind the scenes type stuff for games.

April 23, 2009 9:13:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I do some programming (I write and sell CRM software for car salespeople) and thought I was a pretty smart dude but man, when I see this video, I get the feeling that I don't know squat!

I bought Demigod for the simple reason that Stardock produced it.  I live in Michigan and love supporting Michigan companies--especially when they make good games.  I bought it after the initial reviews because I knew that Brad and game would get the problems fixed.  Heck--I have experienced similar problems playing on XBox Live playing Call of Duty, for example, and think nothing of it.

On a personal note--Pat--you sure look a lot different than when you were 19 at our Microworld days!!!  LOL.  I guess we all do.

Marv

April 23, 2009 9:13:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I personally found the video really interesting, I'm a software developer, and I've dabled in making games, so it's really nice to get a glimpse of the sort of thing I'd like to do.

Keep them coming, i'll lap them up.

It's really nice to see your enthusiasm for what you do, it really comes through

April 23, 2009 9:41:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Brad--you're usually pretty open about sales numbers.  How many copies have you guys sold already?

April 23, 2009 9:44:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Brad--you're usually pretty open about sales numbers.  How many copies have you guys sold already?

I only have digital sales numbers so far.  I won't hear from retail until next Thursday.  Then we'll have an idea.

But digital sales are almost exactly (slightly higher) than they were for Sins of a Solar Empire.

April 23, 2009 9:49:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Love the video! Keep them up so long as you dont get burned out doing them. I was thinking about the friends list seeding at the same time you started talking about it. Also I hope in the future that worldwide gaming can be reintroduced I have a lot of friends all over the world I would like to play with. Great job your team is doing an awesome job.

April 23, 2009 9:52:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Neat huge video that gives us absolutely no timeline for when we can actually play the product we purchased.

April 23, 2009 10:13:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does GreenReaper always wear green? Or did he just do it for the video?

April 23, 2009 10:34:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lol, I would hate my boss doing this so very, very much.

April 24, 2009 12:26:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Someone else said it before, but maybe I'll say it as well. I may not have had a legit copy at first (granted I wasn't bombarding the servers on release) I had the game one day before purchasing TWO legit copies. One for me and a friend. Hopefully I have redeemed myself.

I look at a game like Darkfall where it's a small company releasing terrible update information (if any at all) and never responding to customers. A company like you though, deserves the support of the customers since you have been doing daily updates and getting alot done.

I'm never a fan boy and never will be, but I took the time to type this because it's so rare to find the customer support you guys have been showing. Thank you, and I'm glad I could purchase this to help make it a better game.

April 24, 2009 12:44:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Brad sense you seem new to the whole thing, let me tell you. We as customers appreciate everything you do. You don't know how many times we sit in the dark wondering what is going on behind the game we are playing. There are sooo many games out there I wish the developers would just come to there community and update us on whats happening. (Now there has only been one - Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (MMORPG), I really loved the community as from pre beta to release. The developers kept the community very well informed! They were not scared to show what mistakes they've done like you guys also!)

I love the idea of Demigod. To tell you the truth I was on a forum I visit, I heard 'Demigod bla bla bla just like Dota!' and from that moment, I did a quick youtube search and it looked awesome. 10 minutes later I bought the digital copy. Sure I had some issues so I came here and voila. Awesome community, awesome people, and awesome developers!I will be behind this game for many many months to come.

As for the future videos - that is really awesome. I love how you take time out of you're work to show you're community what is going on behind the scenes. Videos do work alot more then just this mumbo jumbo text. I really appreciate it!

P.S. Tell you're staff there doing a great job! More of them should come join the community.

You're fan,

Travis.

April 24, 2009 12:45:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Beaucephalus,
I like the video Status idea,but 191 MB seems overkill. Maybe you should crunch it a  bit.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

It's like twenty minutes long. There's only so much compression can do before you're unable to see the face of the person speaking.

April 24, 2009 12:51:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lemmingjesus,

Quoting Beaucephalus, reply 5I like the video Status idea,but 191 MB seems overkill. Maybe you should crunch it a  bit.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
It's like twenty minutes long. There's only so much compression can do before you're unable to see the face of the person speaking.

Hes one of them ADSL people Brad was talking about.

April 24, 2009 3:00:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Keep on doing these updates, we are all loving them!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001750   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.