The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Stupid Patch Broke My game!

By on April 23, 2009 11:36:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

RonLugge

Join Date 05/2004
+50

Like, I had next to no trouble connecting to Skirmish ever since release, and like, I downloaded the patch last night man, and now I can't get skirmish or Pantheon going, and like, I am so upset and going to demand a refund!

I mean, like, how stupid can you be to, like, break, like, a working game?!  The netcode was, like, perfect dude, and now it's, like, crap duuuude.  And I am so upset, dude, that I'm, like, not even gonna wait for another patch to, like, fix the problems, duuuude.

Locked Post 12 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 23, 2009 11:46:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ron, how many times have I told you not to keep pills on your night stand?

April 23, 2009 11:49:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't connect either...I could connect half the time before and 0% of the time now....

April 23, 2009 11:55:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this a joke?

April 23, 2009 11:55:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, sadly that is just bad luck for you. There were a great bunch of people out there who couldn't play online at all. The devs worked hard and fast to  solve the problem and with this patch the fixed the problems of very many people, so they did a good job. You both are the first players I heard of that got this problem now. Sure it would be better if you could still play, but they didn't do this intentionally. Try to do it like the people who couldn't play online until now - play singleplayer.

April 23, 2009 11:59:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
Is this a joke?

Yes.

April 23, 2009 12:20:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

funny how quickly everyone jumps on the the is this a joke thing... i was around last night as soon as the patch came out.. and yet it messed up a hell of a lot.. lolzmaybe the eurpope people got all there problems addressed.. but they sure dont give a hoot about us USA's.. i played a buncha games last night on the old version.. i updated.. and now gl find a game unless ur from europe.. not only that but since im directly connected to the modem... i get in in like 14 secs to wahtever room i join great right?... ohh ya since the patch now.. since my connections is "good" stardock saw fit to so niceley make now so that if you have a good connection.. you dont connect to the slowpokes bcuz .. well there slow and stardock loves slow... gratz stardock... you've succesfully realeased 2 patches now that make the game worse... ps the you've been kicked error message.. now just randomly kicks people in the room.. an says you've been kicked.. meanwhile no such kicking occured.. had a bud make a  game as soon as it filled up..2 ppl got the random kick message..glad you guys fixed the messaging system to.. now i can defintely tell when its horrible netcode causing me to not be able to play correctly..thx again.... ps the only way i can play now.. is 2 join a game with no1 connecting......(easier said then done) thx guys!

April 23, 2009 12:31:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ViViD, I was making a joke.

Yes, my connection is broken now (and I'm probably going to scream holy hell next time I can bend the Frogboy's ears about it) but I'm not actually upset.  Shit happens, and I know SD is going to fix this... "eventually"...  They did their best to fix things for everyone, and something slipped through the cracks.  Honestly, it just doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother some people, so I made a joke out of it.

What scares me is people who didn't get that I was making a joke out of the 'utter fail' my efforts to connect to skirmish / pantheon have turned into!

April 23, 2009 1:29:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*shrug*

With all the *ahum* idiots *ahum* that roam this planet, nothing really suprises us any more.. It wasnt all that obvious.. Unless people know you I suppose

April 23, 2009 3:49:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ron Lugge,
I'm probably going to scream holy hell next time I can bed the Frogboy's ears

Does Frogboy know what you are doing with his ears!?!??

April 23, 2009 5:43:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, of course he does.

April 23, 2009 7:24:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Brazilian here, and Im playing online much easier now. Not sarcasm here.

o/

April 23, 2009 7:54:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Player from Europe here, patch didnt fix/improve my connection problem.

Instead of 'Colonel_Jessep is not connected to anybody yet' it says 'trying to establish connection' or something like that.

Well, maybe when the proxies go up.

Good luck guys, GL Stardock, hope you can fix it for all of us soon. *sniff*

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time: