The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Unclean Beasts - Foul Grasp and it's stun element.

By on April 23, 2009 5:15:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is Foul Grasp not triggering the stun immunity timer intended or a bug?

I believe it was Foul Grasp atleast, played against a Rook and Unclean beast tonight that would do a boulder roll + foul grasp for full stun lock kills. So it was either boulder roll or grasp, pretty sure it was grasp though.

It's a fantastic tactic, but I'm wondering if it is an oversight? Or have I just been non observant lately and stun immunity timers didn't go in?

0 Karma | 10 Replies
April 23, 2009 6:59:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've had similar experiences against Unclean Beast (was with the player as Erebus as his partner), which is why I hate playing against it, especially as Rook.

Just got told how easy it is to counter by unsympathetic people in Chat and how I should have used my own stun, even though I wouldn't have had the time or opportunity as I was in fact stun locked the entire time.

April 23, 2009 7:47:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just got told how easy it is to counter by unsympathetic people in Chat and how I should have used my own stun, even though I wouldn't have had the time or opportunity as I was in fact stun locked the entire time.

There is always a core of people like that around any game.  They are generally assholish types.  I've seen it time and time again.

At any rate, I can't comment much on your foul grasp question, as I don't know much about it.  But I can say that I did get stun-locked by a TB the other day in ice mode.  Like, continuously.  Like, no opportunity to break out of it or do anything about it.

April 23, 2009 8:09:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was the Rook in this game and I can definitely say I remember seeing my boulder stun you almost immediatly after the Unclean Beast's stun wore off (I was deliberately timing it so it would).  So either the stun immunity is not functioning correctly or one of those abilities is not considered an actual stun.

Though I really wasn't even aware there was supposed to be a stun immunity or I probably wouldn't have even bothered wasting my boulder cooldown.

April 23, 2009 9:15:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just read there was a timer in some forum post a while back is why I bring it up, it could have been wrong and just a wishful thinking post to stop stunlocks - I forget.

I don't have any mates to test if things like if boulder/boulder will double stun myself, it's not something you normally see occuring in random public games either so I'm not to worried about it. I am still curious if stunlock is intended or just a bug, it completly changes how upper tier gameplay (with organized teams) will pan out and what demigods will go to the sidelines if it is supposed to happen. Doesn't bother me either way - I'll adapt if it is intended, just if it is a bug I'd like to see it fixed.

April 23, 2009 10:55:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is Foul Grasp not triggering the stun immunity timer intended or a bug?

I believe it was Foul Grasp atleast, played against a Rook and Unclean beast tonight that would do a boulder roll + foul grasp for full stun lock kills. So it was either boulder roll or grasp, pretty sure it was grasp though.

It's a fantastic tactic, but I'm wondering if it is an oversight? Or have I just been non observant lately and stun immunity timers didn't go in?

This was what the devs said they had implemented when stun immunity was announced, so it's as intended.  The potential for exactly this was pointed out in the thread that followed.  We'll see where it goes from here.  (one thing to consider: if anyone on your team is carrying an interrupt / stun, you can break the Beast's stun by targetting him with it)

April 23, 2009 11:21:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Foul Grasp not triggering stun immunitiy is intentional.

April 23, 2009 1:27:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well if you think about it, it's not a stun. the beast is grabbing something/one, hence the grasp

April 23, 2009 1:36:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/345442/page/2/#replies

replies 36, 50, and 54

April 23, 2009 2:26:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is a little confusing.

Foul grasp is a better balanced stun, though, since it's mostly just good against 1 person.  If they have an ally it can backfire bad.

April 23, 2009 3:40:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/345442/page/2/#replies

replies 36, 50, and 54

Thanks for that link, just what I was looking for.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.