The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

GameFocus Gives Their Demigod Review

By on April 20, 2009 1:18:02 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
edchoicegf_resized

Next up in Demigod reviews, we have GameFocus.ca which gives Demigod an Editors Choice with a 9. 2 rating!

“Demigod is one of those games which surprised the hell out of me in many ways. From the overall presentation, the graphics and audio and the very fun and addictive gameplay, Demigod is one of the best PC games this year and is a shining example of how great game developers can continue to evolve old ideas into bigger and better games. This is a must buy for strategy fans looking for something new.”

Full review at GameFocus.ca.

+462 Karma | 11 Replies
April 20, 2009 1:39:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I sooo agree!

The multiplayer issue was a drag but after following The Monk's guide to networking DEMIGOD! I now join EVERY GAME, and get into the Pantheon in less than 2 mins (talk about greatness).

Bes of all, the system ,once loaded is LAGLESS!!!!! INSANE! Crystal Clear game all the way

April 20, 2009 1:44:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"This is a must buy for strategy fans looking for something new"

well, new?

Everyone has to agree that isnt new, since its dota alike.

But yes, one of the best games of the year.

April 20, 2009 1:49:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where is this Monk's guide to networking demigod?

April 20, 2009 2:01:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Blitz64,
Where is this Monk's guide to networking demigod?

http://themonk.ca/Monk/Networking_and_DEMIGOD.pdf

April 20, 2009 2:14:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dota is a mod, not a game, though

April 20, 2009 3:48:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

PLease, please Stardock remember the people in Europe who do not have the benfefit of your patches to the game. We're still badly torn up when trying to connect to a match

April 20, 2009 3:54:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uh, EU people can patch just as well as US people.

April 20, 2009 6:07:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

counter-strike was a half-life mod

April 20, 2009 11:23:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, but counter-strike is it's own program.

April 20, 2009 11:24:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*cries*  Stardock...expanding on indie game design.  thank you guys thank you.  In a world of bland cookie cutter rpg's rts's fps's.  It almost wants me to believe in God again.  Nah I'm just kidding.  God's real!  >.>  And if there was a name for him that could fit in the english language it probably would have the word frog in it.  But for some other reason it'd have the world salami in it.....  Hmm. 

April 21, 2009 2:03:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ron Lugge,

Dota is a mod, not a game, though

Moreover it is a "new" release as in fresh meat. I think that was the context of the original comment. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.