The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Fundamentals

What every newbie needs to know

By on April 20, 2009 12:47:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a list of general principles that every newbie needs to know. I'm counting on the community here to help me flesh it out.  Please contribute!  I'll check in once a day or so and update the thread with new suggestions.

I'll start with my favorite:

1.  Don't die!  Three very bad things happen when you die: 

• The enemy gets anywhere from 1,000 to 3,000 gold
  • The enemy gets a ton of XP
  • You are unable to get gold, get XP or kill things for 30 seconds. 

The most senseless way to die is being killed by enemy towers while chasing a baddie.  Even if you think you have a kill, let the enemy run away.  The enemy loses out on 15 seconds of creep killing and you lose nothing.  That's a small advantage but it's better than the alternative:  an even trade of 2 dead demigods.

+17 Karma | 1 Reply
April 20, 2009 12:49:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi Lukkas,

Ke5trel already have a thread like this going. It contains the information you mentioned. Perhaps you would like to contribute to his thread as it is already up and going.

Cheers,

Chaosbrynn

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000046   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.