The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Rage Quitters

By on April 20, 2009 12:17:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some thing need to be done about rage quitting.

Every time I lose, I stay in it until I lose it. It will go on my record. But, every time I win, the other side quit out and that battle will not count. Now that means it will lead to continuous stack on my lost record, and it is quite annoying to look like a noob who lost so many times when you didn't.

Or I could just not care about ranking and accept it as a flaw of the game.

However, I feel honest/last stand gamers should be rewarded, not punished.

Comment and opinions?

(and to complete a cycle of every new game's problem on ranking & rage quit, this thread was made)

+4 Karma | 75 Replies
April 20, 2009 12:21:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

rankings are pretty irrelevent at this stage since it will all be reset one connection issues are sorted. I am sure by that time they will have sorted out when you can and cannot quit to avoid loss/win

April 20, 2009 12:24:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There really ought to be a surrender button after a certain period of time during a match that the whole team can vote on so that it doesnt take an extra 10 minutes to "lose".

April 20, 2009 12:24:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I expected it, but it is beyond irritating. I continue to play, even though I'm losing, and I guarantee my teammates will quit. Which of course, makes it even worse, because I'm stuck playing with AI against the other side (who was already destroying my team).

If this continues I'll just say forget it and play single player against the AI. It isn't as engaging, and it's hard to learn strategies so I can get better, but at least they're not spoil sports.

-HM

April 20, 2009 12:36:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

@Hollow Man

Try Comp stomps with friends or randoms and up the difficulty by adding more of them than you have on your team.  Much more fun than single player, and people aren't likely to rage quit

April 20, 2009 12:39:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed. I always fight to the last, simply because while it CAN be frustrating, I LOVE when I get those uber-kills off, or manage to fight off a wave and give us a chance to push baclk a bit. Sure, it won't last, and if the opposing team is doing well enough already they'll just come back, but at least make then WORK for the win.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even when I'm getting trounced I love putting up a fight, if only because it amuses me. 

On the other side (which is rare) those times (one!) where my and my team are whopping it's much appreciated when you stick it out and fight back - it keeps the game interesting be trying to get that final fortress down, only to get stunned at an inopportune time and get iced by a tower you ignord for too long.

April 20, 2009 12:42:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Every time I lose, I stay in it until I lose it."

I havn't been able to play much online yet, but if a game is decided I expect the losing party to surrender/quit.Yes, it is annoying that the winner has to finish the game against the AI. And it is a serious problem if the game does not count a surrender/quit as a lost.

I just want to point out that these are flaws in the game that need to be fixed - There is nothing wrong with giving up a lost fight.

April 20, 2009 12:44:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm still fairly lame at the game, even though I had it during the beta (just never played that much). I've got one other friend that has it, but we've only had a chance to get together once for a comp-stomp, which is why I've been playing on-line. I'm definitely getting better, but I'm still convinced that all the good players are always on the other team, and that they all know each other and are using voice chat, while my team flounders around silently and aimlessly!

-HM

April 20, 2009 12:56:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Verkinix,
There really ought to be a surrender button after a certain period of time during a match that the whole team can vote on so that it doesnt take an extra 10 minutes to "lose".

A great idea. The best one I heard off to at least partially solve the problem.

Winning all the time will get boring. A tough game often is more fun, losing once in a while is just natural if you have a good opponent. Too many people just want to win and leave a game when it becomes too difficult, thus leaving their teammates for a certain lose, if they would stay and try thier best the tide of battle would often change and you could gain a win.

April 20, 2009 12:57:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah there should be a way to give the GG.  Especially since everyone quitting just replaces them with AI.

April 20, 2009 1:03:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We need a Forfeit option Cause I get a lot of Rage Quitters

April 20, 2009 1:07:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would love to see an ability to (re)enter games after they have started with some sort of checkbox and time stamp that lets the player know how far along the game is. Its P2P, people are always bound to disconnect from each other and this would make connection issues just that much less irritating. Of course not everyone wants to hop in a game thats already going especially if theyre on the losing side but hey, thats your choice.

April 20, 2009 1:24:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,
We need a Forfeit option Cause I get a lot of Rage Quitters

I can see that happening to you, Horse.  You're a top-ranked player who knows exactly how to play Regulus.  Max point snipes from across the map?  Very, very frustrating.  I know, cause I've played against you a number of times during the beta.

Torchbearer vs. Reg = crushing defeat (at least with me behind the keyboard!)

April 20, 2009 2:04:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some people have better things to do with their life than sitting around playing a video game that has already been decided. Rage usually has nothing to do with it. Also, things sometimes come up, you know? Sometimes you just have to leave the computer.

Quitting should count as a loss. For all I know it does already.

April 20, 2009 3:07:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I played a game last night, 3v3, it was about even, then it said 2 people quit.  It did not say who; it did not say why (disconnect, unplugged their cable, or just quit cause they want to change the channel on the TV).  Then, I had no idea WHO quit, I'm busy trying to watch the other demigods instead of just playing the game.  Ya, they need to do something to make quiting MUCH more clear and "doable" if you just want to surrender.

April 20, 2009 3:25:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

surrender button/vote would be great, ive seen many games were 1 team got a so good start it was over after 5min but needed atlest 15min more for them to actually win, staying inside a lost game is no fun leaving isnt a good option either.

a restart button/back to lobby would also be good once in a 3v3 we had one player afk in base not moving until half game he left and we got a AI, poor AI was lvl1 when all rest were 8+.

April 20, 2009 4:01:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quiting when you see no chance of winning and letting an ai finish up the match is not rage quiting its just being sensible. Prematurely leaving though when you still have a chance is another thing. I think its important to distinguish between the two.

April 20, 2009 4:17:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Every time I lose, I stay in it until I lose it. It will go on my
record. But, every time I win, the other side quit out and that battle
will not count.

Wait... are you sure that if the AI takes over for all the players on the other side before the game is over, that the game doesn't count as a win for you?

What happens if it's 5 v 5 and 4 of the 5 opponents quit while one stays and plays the game to the end? It counts?

I somehow doubt you are correct in your assesment, though I might be wrong.

In addition, does it really benefit the losers to quit early when they could just stay and garner points even for the loss?

But anywho, I personally don't like the idea of a surrender button, as every game would end in surrender rather than actually destroying the opponent's Citadel. I understand the rational behind it, but I would rather see another solution...

April 20, 2009 5:40:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It could also be the game crashing, almost always late in the game for me. Doesnt happen that often though. It really sucks when my team is winning and I crash.

April 20, 2009 5:59:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It all depends on my mood. Sometimes I inform the opponent that I'm leaving, but that usually only happens if the enemy is leading by a large amount and I don't feel like waiting for the end. This typically happens on Dominate maps where my ally disconnects and the opponent is over 1K points ahead of me.

I prefer to play until the end, but it's boring if I'm on my own and the enemy isn't engaging me in conversation. It's easier to lose when you have someone to chat with (#demigod chat doesn't cut it).

April 20, 2009 6:05:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting badken,
Some people have better things to do with their life than sitting around playing a video game that has already been decided. Rage usually has nothing to do with it. Also, things sometimes come up, you know? Sometimes you just have to leave the computer.

Quitting should count as a loss. For all I know it does already.

that is not rage quitting when you leave and the game is basically over, the annoying thing is that a game has only been going on for ten minutes but you kill an enemy player, sometimes just one time, they get really really angry (rage), and just quit leaving everyone who joined this game to have to play with bots ruining the entire experience because they do not want to have to leave. its the same problem dota has.

April 20, 2009 6:07:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hadberz,
It could also be the game crashing, almost always late in the game
for me. Doesnt happen that often though. It really sucks when my team
is winning and I crash.

Yeah; it also happens too often that I just simply get disconnected from the game, so at least some of the times these people may not be rage quitting on you...

April 20, 2009 6:32:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have quit many, many times.  I rather enjoy quitting.  Has nothing to do with trying to avoid a loss on my record - in fact I didn't know that quitting would avoid a loss on one's record.  Let me state this as clearly as I can: I could really give a crap about my win/loss record.

I quit when there is some ridiculous exploit, some ridiculous OP-ness, or some ridiculous unfairness that I see being utilized.  I have many examples, but to recount a recent one, I started a game.  I had rook.  I quickly bought the 2 armors I could buy, selected hammer slam, and ran out to capture a flag.  I met an opposing rook at the flag.  Now, understand that this is 10 seconds into the game.  I moused over and checked his hit points - they were identical to mine.  We fought.  I got in more hammer slams than him, and even got the first hit on him.  I not only got killed, but he had like half his hit points remaining.  I reincarnated, ran out to him again, fought him again.  I again got in more blows, more hammer slams.  I again died with him having half his hit points remaining.  So I moused over to the quit button, clicked it, and made sure he had to play a bot for the rest of the game.  Let me reiterate before I hear a bunch of assholes telling me this or that - OUR FIRST FIGHT WAS WITHIN 15 SECONDS OF THE GAME STARTING.  OUR SECOND FIGHT WAS WITHIN 45 SECONDS OF THE GAME STARTING.

I quit when I see BS like this.  I don't quit, no matter how bad I'm getting slaughtered, if I don't see BS like this.  I highly recommend and encourage all players, especially newer ones, to quit when they encounter BS like this.  Make the guys play bots for the rest of the game, and start a newer, better game elsewhere.

April 20, 2009 6:56:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't rage quit, even when the tide turns against me. For instance, today I, a solitary Oak, with two AI "assistants" took on a pair of player Lord Eubruos's and their pet AI Unclean Beast. In a Slaughter match. It was over, very, very fast.

The only time I would quit a game is if I start only to discover that everyone on my team has dropped and the oppostion is still at full. (really, they need to do something about players dropping out while the game loads) Or, if I am the only one who makes it into the game. If both teams get some folks in, I stick it out, even if I have to spend more gold on Graveyard upgrades for the Citidel than on items.

April 21, 2009 3:56:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So, I just want to get this clear, if the scenario was exactly reveresed, and you killed the other guy twice, you would have still quit too?  I gues I'm a very slow player, cause by the time I buy my beginning items, and get to the first flag, 45 secs have LONG passed for my team.

April 21, 2009 4:18:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

had like half his hit points remaining. I reincarnated, ran out to him again, fought him again. I again got in more blows, more hammer slams. I again died with him having half his hit points remaining. So I moused over to the quit button, clicked it, and made sure he had to play a bot for the rest of the game. Let me reiterate before I hear a bunch of assholes telling me this or that - OUR FIRST FIGHT WAS WITHIN 15 SECONDS OF THE GAME STARTING. OUR SECOND FIGHT WAS WITHIN 45 SECONDS OF THE GAME STARTING.

Actually it sounds like you are a bad looser but yes it sounds a bit weird. What favor item did you use? Maybe he had a dmg one or something, or healing.

Anyway, does everyone play conquest? I mean there are other map types which takes shorter time so you do not have to stay very long for the "finish". Holding flags can really go up and down in a game, so it is almost never certain who wins.

I also agree though, if you leave it should count as a loss, if all the opposing team is AI you should be able to leave and get a win(or stay and get a WIN), don't know how that works.

The 10 minutes forfeit button sounds good, no point in playing if the game is really over even though sometimes, when you think all is lost you manage to turn the tide and win, guess those game are gone then, maybe a few favor points less if you forfeit maybe? Not too many so people stay just because, but not too few so everone always gives up, we all know how hard it is to get a game started.

Todilo out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.