The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Game Ranger

By on April 20, 2009 8:37:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

xxaustin09xx

Join Date 04/2009

Theres a program like Garena if any of you know what that is called Game ranger. A ton of people use it with Demi God and is a quick solution if you have connectivity issues. TRY IT!

Locked Post 62 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 24, 2009 11:25:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ill be on gameranger as well, I still cant play through the game, but works great through gameranger.

April 24, 2009 2:28:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If gameranger works with p2p then why does it work but the official multiplayer gives problems?

April 24, 2009 2:30:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If gameranger works with p2p then why does it work but the official multiplayer gives problems?

because its like playing on a lan. You don't have patheon and such just the game options under lan mode.

April 24, 2009 6:38:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That doesn't matter because it connects to other players in the same way. 

April 24, 2009 6:43:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That doesn't matter because it connects to other players in the same way.

I think it tunnels to other people's router or something like that, where it gets under all the ports and stuff and pretends that you are all under the same network.

April 24, 2009 7:02:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Isn't that how p2p works? I am really not that familiar with p2p but I thought that both gameranger and the official demigod multiplayer works similarly. 

April 24, 2009 8:28:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RiskbreakerRiot,
Isn't that how p2p works? I am really not that familiar with p2p but I thought that both gameranger and the official demigod multiplayer works similarly. 

Game Ranger is using orgranized P2P though. Demigod is using a type of P2P which is trying to randomly connect you to other people (referring to pantheon, not custom games). Since its random, theres high chances of other people having firewalls up, ports not open, etc.. This is why people usually dont have problems with Custom Games. With GameRanger you are joining a game through a P2P server that doesnt require you to manually forward/open ports, this way you don't have to hope for router compatibility with others/firewalls/ports.

P2P can work several ways. The way demigods is setup im assuming is very strict and if a few packets dont transfer over correctly or someone has a firewall up it just cancels you out and closes the connection. Thus why they are switching the servers to proxys, which still may not be a good fix but is worth a try.

April 30, 2009 4:51:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am a legit user, have a legal game

1) How do i get into legal games if theyre all password protected!?

2) Why are there .93 games hosted as legit when i have v105 already (and thats the version i play on normal internet server with)

April 30, 2009 6:00:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think gameranger needs to take a hike, splitting the community isn't helping DemiGod in the long run

April 30, 2009 7:10:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

GameRanger is a good service but may not be needed once all the connection issues are resolved.  It is however frustrating to see so many pirate games on the service.

As for splitting the community, I think that's not a concern, it will grow over time like any MP game.

April 30, 2009 7:17:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just because this tool can be used by pirates doesn't mean the people who use it are pirates. Is every big game hunter a homicidal maniac because he has a gun? Giving the OP crap like he's supporting piracy would be like attacking someone selling their gun and telling them they might as well post instructions on how to plan a murder.

This tool has great purposes and would only be flammable if it were redundant and served to draw away the DG community from the Stardock solution. But seeing as how that hasn't panned out, this is a great method to get in online, at least until something is done right for MP through Stardock.

April 30, 2009 7:22:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pretty much impossible to find a non-pirate game which has decent ping.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000984   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.