The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Translation Issues and Tips -Mainly for no European languages-

By on April 19, 2009 8:22:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi all,

I was trying to translate (to Japanese) the text, which was fairly easy but I have some problems which I need help on. Any one have a clue?

•  I couldn't find a way to change it to read from JA language folder. So I just overwrote the one in US folder, which is fine enough but is there a better way?

Found out a way to do this. https://forums.demigodthegame.com/347922

By the way, changing the US forlder will cause problems when you host a game. People who join your game will have same UI as you do, which may not be comfortable for some people. And there is problem on fonts if you have changed it to like Chinese, Japanese, or Korean for example.

•  The line breaks and word breaks follow English rules so starts a new in a akward way. Is there a way to change the rules for these?

I'll just add somethings I found out for people that might be thinking to translate the text. Luckily it very easy to translate Demigod but few problem are there. Just don't forget to make the encoding UTF-8. 

Althoough if your using Windows XP, there is another problem. The font used in Demigod; 'Hypatia Sans Pro', may not support your language and just show gurbled fonts when translated. For XP users, edit your registory and link 'Hypatia Sans Pro' with fonts that support your language.

Open registory edittor and create line: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontLink\SystemLink 

Than add Hypatia Sans Pro, as a value, enter fonts that support your language, for example this works atleast for Japanese. 

MSGOTHIC.TTC,MS UI Gothic
SimSun.TTC,SimSun
gulim.ttc,gulim
mingliu.ttc,PMingLiU

0 Karma | 0 Replies
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000015   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.