The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A Bet With Stardock - Anyone Care To Join?

By on April 17, 2009 10:29:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DalzK

Join Date 09/2008
+26

If connectivity is working smoothly (I can connect to games as frequently as I can on other RTS's such as RA3/CnC3/WC3/SC2) by Friday (24th), then I will buy an extra copy of Demigod.

Anyone else care to join?

========================================================================================

People Signed up so far

xXAequitasXx
Blitz64
kstampy
VoW-Kryo
Teseer
Endnuen
Frank Buratai
theubersmurf
FooFooJam

Total Number Of Copies Bought If Connectivity Is Fixed

To make up for the bad reviews if connectivity is fixed

Locked Post 43 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 17, 2009 10:32:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm in.

Namely because my connectivity has been quite good today, and I want to grab my brother a copy anywhoozills.

April 17, 2009 10:40:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I won't buy another copy but I will tell a couple friends about the game.  One of my gamer budies in particular is a hard core XBOX and PS3 player.  I just recently helped him build a computer and since he knows nothing about video games for the PC I have been waiting for a title that I, as a PC gamer, could be proud of sharing with him (just to think I actually thought about telling him about Darkfall before I played it).  So far it looks like I may have to wait for Diablo or SC2 or antoher server-hosted Blizzard Multiplayer game because this P2P hosting or whatever money saving scheme it is is embarassing and hardly playable.

April 17, 2009 10:40:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 for me.

April 17, 2009 10:43:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I won't buy another copy but I will tell a couple friends about the game.

Fair enough. Not everyone has the extra money to spend on another copy and will probably think this is too much. Spreading the word is just as good

April 18, 2009 1:12:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If it is fixed by then I will have my friend and his gf get a copy. =]

They played it at my house and liked it already but don't want to sit around forever looking for a steady game.

April 18, 2009 1:33:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The way you worded your original post is quite amuzing though, Dalzk. It sounds like: If a respectable athlete falls over during his Olympic Finals race, but manages to stand back up and finish the race in Last position, we will still give him a medal for eventually finishing the race.

How about: If connectivity is working smoothly (I can connect to games as frequently as I can on other RTS's such as RA3/CnC3/WC3/SC2) by the day the game is released, then I will invest in the next game by Stardock.

At the moment, i cannot even refer my friends to purchase the game. I asked them to join me in paying for the Beta Testing of Demigod and they refused, if i asked them now it is exactly the same situation as before, asking them to pay for Beta Testing Demigod. Perhaps after a few months.

April 18, 2009 5:02:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I already did buy an extra boxed version that is currently being send to my home. I use the extra key for a impulse account i lend to friends to play with. If they like it they will also buy the game

And i have a big fan of the single player stuff here at home.

April 18, 2009 5:06:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bought an extra box version already for a friend, if it matters. Good idea by the way. It's a small thing, but the most important thing is that you're showing faith in the company and this is a nice way to show it.

April 18, 2009 5:11:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i will buy a copy too.

April 18, 2009 5:15:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm in.

I'll give it to someone else to play.

April 18, 2009 5:49:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Why not the inverse? If it's not working they return back our money?

April 18, 2009 6:31:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm in. I can't buy it till May 7th, since it's not released in DK until then. But if it works by the 24th I will order a copy that day.

Also, signed up for the site just because of this

April 18, 2009 7:02:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm already PR'ing through my messenger comment - Stardock should start giving me commision for all the hard work

April 18, 2009 7:13:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My wife already gave me one of her "Are-you-frickin'-insane" looks when I purchased my frist copy!  We had a baby and bought a house in '08 so money is really tight these days.  Still, she just doesn't understand...

April 18, 2009 8:19:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting AdHonorem,
Why not the inverse? If it's not working they return back our money?

It is already possible to get your money back if that is what you want. I believe you just have to contact [email protected].

Edit: I will not buy an extra copy, since I don't have the money. I will however recommend it to my friends when connectivity is a bit more stable.

April 18, 2009 9:23:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if everythings running smooth i will tell one of my friends, who is already excited to buy the game, to go ahead and buy it as soon as possible!

He thinks the digital download price is really good especially here in europe, but he didnt buy it yet because i showed him how it looks like when you want to go play online. that scarred him.   

BUT he will even buy the game after friday the 24th, hes just waiting for better online playing comfort.

April 18, 2009 9:39:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SveNitoR,

Quoting AdHonorem, reply 11Why not the inverse? If it's not working they return back our money?

It is already possible to get your money back if that is what you want. I believe you just have to contact [email protected].

Edit: I will not buy an extra copy, since I don't have the money. I will however recommend it to my friends when connectivity is a bit more stable.

I wonder if that works with beta testers, since we technically have been playing for half a year already. Still wanna bet that it still be buggy after 24th though. Oh well i'm too calm already so waiting 1-2 moths more to get it fix is fine with me.

April 18, 2009 10:50:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If every dime I had weren't going straight to college...

April 18, 2009 10:55:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can join the bet by pre-ordering Elemental next week instead if that's acceptable... money still goes to Stardock right . Poor GPG.

April 18, 2009 11:22:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bet they're excited about that $280, that will almost pay the overtime for one night of a developer.

April 18, 2009 11:24:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Count me in. Really am enjoying the game, even in it's current state. I'm also a big Stardock fan so if a little extra contribution will help, I'm up for it. Also trying to promote this game to my friends.

April 18, 2009 11:40:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im poor

ill like them more and spread word of the game?

April 18, 2009 11:55:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not betting. I bet this game will go to the bargain bin within 1 year.

April 18, 2009 12:16:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That will get them just as much money so thats good too

I bet they're excited about that $280, that will almost pay the overtime for one night of a developer.

We will get more...hopefully. A $300 tournament doesnt sound so bad does it?

April 18, 2009 12:16:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Azrailx,

This's potentially worth more to Stardock/GPG than buying an extra copy for kicks, anyway. I for one haven't got the cash to be throwing at developers (or anyone else) willy nilly, but a game that delivers a top-quality experience is certainly going to make me more inclined to talk about it with friends, and thus, more potential sales for the developers. It's that sort of positive reputation that has (and probably will again) gotten me to buy a number of games in the past, and I would expect this situation to be a common one amongst social gamers the world over.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: