The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A Bet With Stardock - Anyone Care To Join?

By on April 17, 2009 10:29:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If connectivity is working smoothly (I can connect to games as frequently as I can on other RTS's such as RA3/CnC3/WC3/SC2) by Friday (24th), then I will buy an extra copy of Demigod.

Anyone else care to join?

========================================================================================

People Signed up so far

xXAequitasXx
Blitz64
kstampy
VoW-Kryo
Teseer
Endnuen
Frank Buratai
theubersmurf
FooFooJam

Total Number Of Copies Bought If Connectivity Is Fixed

To make up for the bad reviews if connectivity is fixed

+26 Karma | 43 Replies
April 18, 2009 12:22:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me and a couple friends are waiting to see if we all buy copies, or if we stick with one for LAN play. At the moment, we can beat the impossible AI pretty easily so that's kind of saddening too.

April 18, 2009 12:54:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK yeah, I've got a friend I'm trying to get to buy the game, and I'll give him one, I'm in.

April 18, 2009 12:59:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting weizur,
I bet they're excited about that $280, that will almost pay the overtime for one night of a developer.

For $280, you can do a lot better than spending 1 night on a developer...

April 18, 2009 1:12:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont think thats a good way to "treat" stardock saying do this then we do this.

But as appreciation, I will buy a second copy for my friend and force him to play.

April 18, 2009 1:36:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No.  Why should I give Stardock / GPG more money for making the game the way it ought to have been to justify my buying ONE copy?

April 18, 2009 1:36:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ILiekCaek,
I dont think thats a good way to "treat" stardock saying do this then we do this.

But as appreciation, I will buy a second copy for my friend and force him to play.
Sure, as it stands it's a tiny bribe, but really it behooves them to get it done anyway, and if a few more sign up, it will be like a little bonus. If we can get a few more to sign up.

April 18, 2009 2:25:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll spread the word to people... I already am, but I mention the connectivity issues to them as well. As soon as the problems are fixed I will spread the word like fire... I like fire.

April 18, 2009 5:27:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe we should get their current estimate before setting a date...really you may be putting them under too tight a deadline, we want this to be fair.

April 18, 2009 8:47:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Game released on Tuesday - by Friday it would have been a week and a half. If games isnt fixed by then, there is really no excuse.

April 18, 2009 8:53:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I searched numerous other game forums for this kind of topic, and Demigod was the only one that had these kind of bets. What is that telling us about this game?

April 18, 2009 8:54:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm in. The game didn't deserve these reviews because of some bad luck. Stardock and GPG are great companies and this is a great game. So yeah if they fix this by the 24th I will buy another copy and give it to my friend.

EDIT:

Yeah some people are saying it's not fair but honestly it really should be fixed by Friday. We aren't talking about an MMO here. I will be spreading the word on this game no matter what though.

April 21, 2009 9:47:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bumper car.

April 24, 2009 4:57:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I spent 1 hour last night to play a 15min game.  Time is up.  Stardock lost, although they never wanted to bet anyways.

Hopefully it's all well and good next week. 

April 26, 2009 10:49:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, is it fixed?

April 26, 2009 11:42:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bet was stupid in the first place lol =p

April 26, 2009 7:06:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait wait wait.  Let me get this straight.

They first release the Gamer Bill of Rights asserting that they won't release buggy software and that it'll have a proper QA pass on it.

Fanbois cheer.

Then they release Demigod which has a barely working multiplayer, and a host of exploits and bugs (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/348780). 

Fanbois Cheer.

They then say that the game is complete but the networking still needs work, thus claiming that they're adhering to their bill of rights they made.  (If a game relies on a networking package and the networking package is incomplete, the game IS NOT FINISHED.  Imagine if Blizz said WOW is finished but their online service is incomplete and they release the game anyways)

Fanbois Cheer.

Finally, they let us know that they're working hard to fix the networking issues and the other release bugs. 

Fanbois Cheer and state they will buy an extra copy when the fixes are in.

Are you guys serious?  Put down the kool-aid for a second.  Yes they have a good stance when it comes to DRM, but you're going to buy a second copy when they finish this Beta-release retail game?  Seriously? 

One thing for sure, Stardock is really lucky to have such zealous/sycophantic fans.

April 26, 2009 7:14:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

will convince a friend of mine to buy

April 26, 2009 7:18:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If they dont fix it ill request a refund not another copy if they do.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000593   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.