The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Registering Demigod (Retail)

Step-by-Step

By on April 13, 2009 3:20:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+228

Now that Demigod is available, quite a few people have been asking how they can register their game to play online.  Here's the step-by-step guide:

1)  Start Demigod and click Multiplayer

2) Click Internet

3) If you have an account, log in here. Your account is the same as you'd use on any Stardock website or Impulsedriven.com.  If you don't have an account click Create Account.  Otherwise, skip to Step 8.

4) Select Create new account. Enter your desired Account Name (i.e., nickname) and password. Please note your password must be between 8-12 characters.

5) Enter your name and email. A validation email will be sent to the address you enter. You'll need to follow think link in the email you receive to complete account setup.

6) Read through the Terms of Service if you like.

7)  Account creation complete!  Next Launch Impulse.

8) Click the Register Product button or the blue ? in the upper-right and select Register a product.

9) In the dialog, enter your Demigod serial number. The rest should be auto-entered for you.  This will allow you to play Demigod in online multiplayer, obtain updates, redownload the full game and much more.

Pinned, Locked Post 132 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 15, 2009 4:28:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting kaptainkolbey,
Well, I thought I would post that I got a reply from Stardock. They are requesting pictures of:

-the game box
-the game disc
-the inside of the game disc case
-the back of the game manual
-a receipt for the game

Wish I had thought to bring all that with me to work...along with my camera. Oh, well, another day goes by, I suppose.

?!!!  I sincerely hope that you are joking/exagerating!!!! If this company is going to make paying customers jump thru such ludicrous hoops to fix a problem that should not exist in the first place, then I will seriously re-think having anything else to do with them. There are enough GREAT games out there that we players should not even CONSIDER putting up with this crap...

It seems to me that the codes included with [many of] the retail boxed copies of the game do NOT work for some reason.

Question: Has ANYONE with a retail boxed only copy of the game successfully registered it?  Or are all the successful regs been with downloaded copies???

April 15, 2009 4:29:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

[dup post - sry]

April 15, 2009 4:36:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope, not joking. The email said there have been reports of duplicate keys. Presumably they want to ascertain that I am a legitimate customer and not some filthy pirate, and then they will issue me a new key.

April 15, 2009 4:38:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I sincerely hope that you are joking/exagerating

Well, if his serial id has already been registred by another person, Stardock needs to be sure that he is a rightful owner of that serial id.

April 15, 2009 4:42:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I sincerely hope that you are joking/exagerating!!!! If this company is going to make paying customers jump thru such ludicrous hoops to fix a problem that should not exist in the first place, then I will seriously re-think having anything else to do with them. There are enough GREAT games out there that we players should not even CONSIDER putting up with this crap...

Unfortunately this is the only way we have of verifying retail serial numbers.  So far there have been more reports than normal about serials already being registered (errors so far have been due to duplicate serials, not misprinted/wrong ones) so we are looking into it with our retail copy producers.

If you have a better way of having people verify the serial number they received, by all means we are open to hearing it.

April 15, 2009 4:44:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nope, not joking. The email said there have been reports of duplicate keys. Presumably they want to ascertain that I am a legitimate customer and not some filthy pirate, and then they will issue me a new key.

Exactly, and we hate doing it.  But unfortunately, if word got out that we just assigned serials to anyone who e-mailed in with issues, it would take even longer to resolve because of the influx of pirates writing in.

April 15, 2009 4:52:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kaptainkolbey,
Well, I thought I would post that I got a reply from Stardock. They are requesting pictures of:

-the game box
-the game disc
-the inside of the game disc case
-the back of the game manual
-a receipt for the game

Wish I had thought to bring all that with me to work...along with my camera. Oh, well, another day goes by, I suppose.

Ah crap, do they really need ALL of those? I got an email asking for just my serial code so I sent my serial code plus added only two pictures since i figured they'd need clarification, one of the code on the booklet and one of the reciept, but I did not send a picture of the box or disc figuring they wouldnt need those... hopefully I dont need to wait longer due to that.

April 15, 2009 5:38:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Xgamer40,

Ah crap, do they really need ALL of those?

It said the more I send the better (and I will be sending them all). I don't know what threshold you would need to pass in terms of weight of evidence before they will judge in your favor.

April 15, 2009 5:40:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Shirley,

I sincerely hope that you are joking/exagerating!!!! If this company is going to make paying customers jump thru such ludicrous hoops to fix a problem that should not exist in the first place, then I will seriously re-think having anything else to do with them. There are enough GREAT games out there that we players should not even CONSIDER putting up with this crap...

Unfortunately this is the only way we have of verifying retail serial numbers.  So far there have been more reports than normal about serials already being registered (errors so far have been due to duplicate serials, not misprinted/wrong ones) so we are looking into it with our retail copy producers.

If you have a better way of having people verify the serial number they received, by all means we are open to hearing it.

Sorry... have no better suggestion...

But isn't it kinda odd that a game JUST RELEASED has SO MANY serial numbers previously regged???  Is it POSSIBLE that registration is simply not recognizing serials shipped with boxed copies?  Or that serials being given out with downloads are duplicates of those ALREADY in boxes???

Anyway, exactly WHAT do I have to do to get this issue resolved for MY copy of the game?

April 15, 2009 5:50:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

But isn't it kinda odd that a game JUST RELEASED has SO MANY serial numbers previously regged?
Yes.
Is it POSSIBLE that registration is simply not recognizing serials shipped with boxed copies?
Yes
Or that serials being given out with downloads are duplicates of those ALREADY in boxes?
Yes.

And the more data we have the sooner we can deal with that.

Anyway, exactly WHAT do I have to do to get this issue resolved for MY copy of the game?
If you have not emailed support, do so.  Send in the data listed above.

April 15, 2009 5:50:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But isn't it kinda odd that a game JUST RELEASED has SO MANY serial numbers previously regged???

Everything can happen, like printing 2 times a bunch of serial id on stickers ....

April 15, 2009 6:11:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zubaz,

If you have not emailed support, do so.  Send in the data listed above.

You shouldn't be dealing with the public.  "Please".  "Thank You".  "We're sorry you're experiencing problems with the game you spent $50 on".  For a company worried about piracy,  you sure don't seem to want to keep the PAYING customers around.

April 15, 2009 6:21:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You shouldn't be dealing with the public. "Please". "Thank You". "We're sorry you're experiencing problems with the game you spent $50 on". For a company worried about piracy, you sure don't seem to want to keep the PAYING customers around.
Please forgive my lack of manners. 

There are many posts that require attention; we are trying to assist as many as we can as quickly as we can.

Again, please accept my apologies and thank you for the reminder and example of how to do it right.

April 15, 2009 6:32:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same problem here. Bought Demigod from Amazon. Sent in photos as requested above--thanks for letting us know what to do to expedite a solution!

April 15, 2009 6:32:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

annnd duplicate post.

April 15, 2009 6:46:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes kryo, please check with Cari or other DB gurus on the propogation of the username update into Demigod.  This is an important fix!

April 15, 2009 6:51:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For everyone in worry or doubt, I finally got this resolved and it took less than a day, all it took was contacting [email protected] and providing the problem, serial key, and pictures of the key, reciept, and box+disc. Anyone who is in doubt, keep patient and you will be rewarded as I was, thank you very much Stardock for having speedy and helpful service!

April 15, 2009 7:16:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Xgamer40,
For everyone in worry or doubt, I finally got this resolved and it took less than a day, all it took was contacting [email protected] and providing the problem, serial key, and pictures of the key, reciept, and box+disc. Anyone who is in doubt, keep patient and you will be rewarded as I was, thank you very much Stardock for having speedy and helpful service!

Same thing here less than 24 hours and everything was taken care of big thanks to the support staff for their quick response/resolution times.

April 15, 2009 8:06:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can add me to the list as well.  Just purchased the Collectors Edition and says I can't update as the SN or/and email is not Valid!

As much as I understand more and more companies trying to copy protect their products against software pirates, it is becoming more and more frustrating for honest buyers/players as we go trhough loads of crap to tell them "I have a legit copy) only to have a complete fail at the Publishers end.  By now I am sure the Pirates are enjoying their illegal copy while us legal owners can't even play a game we paid for?  Maks no sense and Companies should be on the ball and much fater to repair problems at their end becuase that will turn us away from actually buying games when we get no service.  Sorry for the Rant but it is frustrating when I pay good money for something and get no service in return!!

April 15, 2009 8:12:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My email from support only requested a copy of my receipt and a copy of the box and back of the manual - which I complied with.  Will report back to the thread when the issue gets resolved for me (to give the rest of you assurance that they are indeed making progress on the issue).

April 15, 2009 9:41:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bought the game yesterday played single player just to get used to it and didn't register it. Got home went to register it I got the ref 204 error I spent about 30 minutes reading posts I found this so I took a picture of all my stuff I was about to send it in and my bro tells me he already registered MY CD key under HIS account... UGH.

My question is there a way to change the e-mail address on his account to mine? Or to dissassociate the key on his account so I can put it onto mine? I did change his username to mine and that worked but I would like it tied to my e-mail not his. I'm mostly concerned about the username in multiplayer I did change that so if it does have that change in multiplayer it's not too big of a deal.

Ok I got another problem I can't log into my own anymore on Impulse... so now it is stuck with his e-mail. I hope when I log out and back in the forums it doesn't have the same problem...

Nevermind I solved that last problem I just logged back into his and changed it to something else...

April 15, 2009 10:00:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My question is there a way to change the e-mail address on his account to mine? Or to dissassociate the key on his account so I can put it onto mine?
http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

April 15, 2009 10:00:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you email [email protected] they should be able to merge or move the registration for you.

April 15, 2009 10:19:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My key didn't work.  I called tech support and their hours end at 4 pm eastern time!  WT???  There was also a recording saying that due to recent releases telephone support was temporarily suspended!  Another WT???  First time buying a game from these guys and I'm wondering if it would be the last.  Maybe there's a reason a new release is only $40 local and $35 on-line.  So I decided to submit a ticket and then it's saying it could be up to 48 hours!  I start looking at this forum and I'm not alone.

I resolved the issue and suggest everyone that purchased locally do the same.  Go to the store and exchange it for another copy.  My second one worked.  Keep exchanging until you get a good copy.  Tell them it's defective.  They will send them back to the manufaturer and they should pay the price for shoddy business.  How many beta testers did they have? Two?

Another problem I had was with trying to update from within the game where it would always crash.  Now I'm able to update the game but why the h3ll is it downloading 2GB worth?  I already installed the game.  I know of no patch in all my gaming history that is 2GB!!!  Is anyone else being told there's an update and downloading 2GB?  I cancelled it.

I hate steam and any game that emulates it and don't support them.  I didn't know this game included a download system so if the game really sucks then I'll probably ask for a refund because of impulse.  I want to buy a physical CD and be able to download all patches from an FTP server and update as I see fit.  I don't mind CD keys but not one that doesn't let you do anything useful especially when the system is broken.

April 16, 2009 1:21:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Dude, relax. Of course they had more than two Beta Testers. Its not the Beta Tester's job to screen CD-Keys. Even under these strange circumstances, the ability to search through all the CD keys they've made and make a new one and process that all in two days or less is rather amazing. So, cut Impule and Stardock some slack dude. I'm still waiting on a reply from Stardock, but, unfortunately, I didnt read this post before, so, I am expecting an E-mail saying to send all the aforementioned items above lol. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001094   Page Render Time: