The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Registering Demigod (Retail)

Step-by-Step

By on April 13, 2009 3:20:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+228

Now that Demigod is available, quite a few people have been asking how they can register their game to play online.  Here's the step-by-step guide:

1)  Start Demigod and click Multiplayer

2) Click Internet

3) If you have an account, log in here. Your account is the same as you'd use on any Stardock website or Impulsedriven.com.  If you don't have an account click Create Account.  Otherwise, skip to Step 8.

4) Select Create new account. Enter your desired Account Name (i.e., nickname) and password. Please note your password must be between 8-12 characters.

5) Enter your name and email. A validation email will be sent to the address you enter. You'll need to follow think link in the email you receive to complete account setup.

6) Read through the Terms of Service if you like.

7)  Account creation complete!  Next Launch Impulse.

8) Click the Register Product button or the blue ? in the upper-right and select Register a product.

9) In the dialog, enter your Demigod serial number. The rest should be auto-entered for you.  This will allow you to play Demigod in online multiplayer, obtain updates, redownload the full game and much more.

Pinned, Locked Post 132 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 14, 2009 10:19:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try right clicking the Impulse icon and selecting Run as Admin and see if you can do it then.

April 14, 2009 10:30:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't have "run as admin" option

If i right click I Have:

Configuration:Settings

Help:Help,On the web

and close...

April 14, 2009 11:23:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Right-click on your Impulse desktop shortcut (or in the Start Menu) and choose Run as Administrator.

April 14, 2009 11:35:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it don't working,still i have message> "Impulse was not able to create its temporary directories.Please try again,permitting administrator access when requested."

April 14, 2009 11:42:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where are the temp directory located (go to the impulse preference) ?

April 14, 2009 12:09:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Temp directry it's normal, I don't change it

April 14, 2009 6:35:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've got a question: if I purchased the online copy of the game, and created the Impulse account at the same time, is it normal that the game is pre-registered in it? (when i check its cdkey, i get the one i received on my confirmation email)

April 14, 2009 9:15:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I get the same error in trying to register my product.  I also bought it at BestBuy.  I only have one Impulse account.  I have entered the code in correctly several times and it keeps telling me that product registration failed.

EDIT:  Submitted a ticket with support and the reply email says it may take up to two days to get a reply from support.  Yippee.

April 14, 2009 11:12:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For what it's worth, I have the exact same problem. Bought at BestBuy, invalid CD key, sent email to support... no response yet, but I will try to come back and edit once I hear from them.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but the sticker containing the serial key is labeled: TAKE TWO INTERACTIVE... isn't Stardock the publisher of this game, and Gas Powered the developer? Where does Take Two come into this?

I also wanted to say: I made sure not to buy this game from Gamestop... breaking street date the way they did is unforgiveable, and I completely feel for the developers of this game and the headache they undoubtedly had to endure over Easter weekend because of it.

April 14, 2009 11:24:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Saupht,
I've got a question: if I purchased the online copy of the game, and created the Impulse account at the same time, is it normal that the game is pre-registered in it? (when i check its cdkey, i get the one i received on my confirmation email)
Yes.  Nice, no?

April 14, 2009 11:27:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but the sticker containing the serial key is labeled: TAKE TWO INTERACTIVE... isn't Stardock the publisher of this game, and Gas Powered the developer? Where does Take Two come into this?
Take two manufactured teh packaging.  All is fine there.

You might want to email [email protected] so they can look into this.

April 14, 2009 11:27:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Product registration failed "the email address or serial number you have entered is not valid". (Ref :204)

This is also the error I keep getting, oh well guess I'll be waiting on the response from support as well.

April 15, 2009 12:33:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting whodisoneguy,
Product registration failed "the email address or serial number you have entered is not valid". (Ref :204)

This is also the error I keep getting, oh well guess I'll be waiting on the response from support as well.

Same here.  I just registered here hoping to find a solution.  I purchased the Collectors Edition from walmart this evening.  It won't accept my registration,  and continues giving me the above error.  I have sent an email to [email protected],   hopefully this can be fixed soon.

April 15, 2009 6:27:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Same here. I just registered here hoping to find a solution. I purchased the Collectors Edition from walmart this evening. It won't accept my registration, and continues giving me the above error. I have sent an email to [email protected], hopefully this can be fixed soon. 3 Pages Prev1 2 3

Just purchased the Regular Edition from Walmart this evening, and SAME PROBLEM!!!  What's going on here?!!!

April 15, 2009 8:39:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OmniX,

Same here. I just registered here hoping to find a solution. I purchased the Collectors Edition from walmart this evening. It won't accept my registration, and continues giving me the above error. I have sent an email to [email protected], hopefully this can be fixed soon. 3 Pages Prev1 2 3

Just purchased the Regular Edition from Walmart this evening, and SAME PROBLEM!!!  What's going on here?!!!
I ALSO have the same problem, bought a box regular edition from Gamestop yesterday afternoon, getting the 204 error telling me my email or serial number is incorrect when I have researched, double checked, and typed it as many ways as i can and it still doesnt work. I emailed [email protected] and hopefully their response deals with it rather than just giving me tips I already learned from this forum...

April 15, 2009 9:00:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope it doesn't means that your serial id hasn't already been registred under another e-mail.

April 15, 2009 10:12:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've also fallen prey to the "invalid" serial number. For each of us that bothers to post here about this, how many others are there who don't? This release seems pretty botched to me. I bought the game to support GPG, but if they partner with Stardock again, I think I'll steer clear.

April 15, 2009 10:31:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still no reply from support@stardock on my email to them last night on this issue.

April 15, 2009 10:57:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Support e-mail response time is usually 24-48 hours, especially with the release being yesterday.  We will get to all the tickets. Please bear with us.

April 15, 2009 11:21:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shirley,
Support e-mail response time is usually 24-48 hours, especially with the release being yesterday.  We will get to all the tickets. Please bear with us.

I'm sure you will, although having to wait up to two days for something as basic as getting your serial number recognized so you can update and play this pretty much multiplayer only game online with your friends who were able to register is pretty ridiculous. Do you have any information on why this problem is happening to so many of us? THanks in advance.

April 15, 2009 11:41:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Do you have any information on why this problem is happening to so many of us?
It's happening to many people posting in this thread but may not be happening to that many people outside it. 

If this is happening to you can you indicate if you bought teh game at retail or on-line?  And if on-line, ifyou used paypal or direct credit?  If at retail, where?

April 15, 2009 12:32:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm one of the people "Outside the thread" who is having the 204 invalid serial issue, its a retail completly factory sealed box I bought at target today. It's quite upsetting because I *NEVER* Would have spent a penny on this game, let alone 40$ if it weren't for the online multiplayer feature and I'm sure I'm not alone... I just hope this gets resolved fast because it feels like I flushed my money down the toliet at the moment

April 15, 2009 1:19:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zubaz,

If this is happening to you can you indicate if you bought teh game at retail or on-line?  And if on-line, ifyou used paypal or direct credit?  If at retail, where?

I bought a boxed copy at Best Buy.

I understand that the majority of people are not having this issue, but this isn't the only forum where I saw it mentioned, and usually the people talking about a problem are only a fraction of those experiencing it. I just wondered if you guys had any idea why it might be happening. I guess...no? That's a little depressing. I didn't include my serial number in my original email to support (out of a too-paranoid distrust of clear text email), so now I"m thinking it'll take even longer to get me up and running.

April 15, 2009 4:04:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I thought I would post that I got a reply from Stardock. They are requesting pictures of:

-the game box
-the game disc
-the inside of the game disc case
-the back of the game manual
-a receipt for the game

Wish I had thought to bring all that with me to work...along with my camera. Oh, well, another day goes by, I suppose.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000765   Page Render Time: