The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: THANK YOU BETA TESTERS!

By on April 8, 2009 9:42:36 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Sometime today all the beta accounts will be temporarily disabled as we move the beta version off of Impulse and replace it with the completed version of the game.

As a token of our appreciation, our intention is to come in the Monday after Easter and make the final version available to the beta group a little bit early.

Those of you who have been with us since the beginning can hopefully see just how much the game has evolved since the first beta. A great deal of the improvement to the game is due to the ideas, suggestions, and feedback from the beta group. I think we can all agree that without your input, the game would have been very different and not for the better.

On behalf of Stardock and Gas Powered Games, I???d like to thank all of you for your help.  We look forward to hanging out on the forums with you listening to your continuing ideas and suggestions to see how Demigod can continue to evolve over the months and years ahead.

Thanks again and good luck!

-Brad ???Frogboy??? Wardell, President & CEO of Stardock

+912 Karma | 59 Replies
April 8, 2009 9:45:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As a token of our appreciation, our intention is to come in the Monday after Easter and make the final version available to the beta group a little bit early.

Oh snap.

Thanks! That's awesome.

April 8, 2009 9:48:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your welcome Frogboy and thanks for listening and doing the beta the right way.

April 8, 2009 9:50:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're welcome

I'd also like to say thanks to you for listening to us!  I have been in several betas where beta tester ideas / feedback goes largely unrecognized - it's good to see so much of our feedback being implemented into the game.  While I know there are still some beta testers who feel more could have been done (especially with generals), I'm pretty pleased with the overall results, personally.

P.S. Great to hear about Easter Monday - now I can take the day off of work and I don't need to make up a weird excuse.

April 8, 2009 9:57:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome.  Can't wait till Monday!

April 8, 2009 10:01:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good beta. I honestly had fun all the way through.

April 8, 2009 10:03:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Was a nice beta, wish I had more time for it but i liked being part of it anyway.

April 8, 2009 10:04:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah, so those of us who pre-ordered too late to get in the beta get nothing? Congrats to the beta testers tho!

April 8, 2009 10:05:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice, hope that means as early as possible on monday for us europeans

April 8, 2009 10:07:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Raspyn,
...now I can take the day off of work and I don't need to make up a weird excuse.

"dear HR,

i plan to take the day off so i can squish my enemy's and their minions in hopes of proving to the gods i am worth of joining them.

please forward my messages to Dave."

nope, i see no weirdness here

MrL

April 8, 2009 10:24:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks a lot.

April 8, 2009 10:47:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Congratulations to Frogboy and Tyo for taking an idea, turning it into a rough initial beta, and polishing it to a gem-like sheen in time for release.

It's been fun with the beta testing. Here's to years of fun with the real thing.

April 8, 2009 11:03:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Oh, cool, cheers Frogboy.

Looking forward to finally playing the singleplayer portion of the game.

April 8, 2009 11:07:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Final Beta? Really?....  I still can't connect to any games. I hope the last build solves D-link specific router issues.

April 8, 2009 11:13:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

April 8, 2009 11:27:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

April 8, 2009 11:30:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're welcome. 

Thank you for being a sane game company.

April 8, 2009 12:41:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, simply further proving Stardock's greater interest in its gamers rather than its profits. Thanks for making a really fun game!

April 8, 2009 12:52:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your welcome...

But the 'true' thanks will be in the form of the completed game come Monday! 

Wait... NOOOOO!  I have class Monday!  This sucks!

April 8, 2009 12:59:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ditch class?

Warning: Do not attempt.

April 8, 2009 1:01:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the beta and the great game

for 

April 8, 2009 1:05:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would like to thank all who partcipated and played this beta with me (alot) really had a great time playing.

A special thanks to Frogboy and his staff at Stardock.

Also a huge Thanks to Tyo and the development team at GPG awesome job all!!!

And I final note lets not forget Scathis I hope this game ended up with what he hoped for. His Ideas and inspiration helped get it on the road we endeavored.

April 8, 2009 1:09:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
Ditch class?

Warning: Do not attempt.

Especially not with Doctor Seki, and with it being the last day before Doctor Chou heads off to (yet another) conference!

April 8, 2009 2:09:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looking forward to the next beta.

And full Demigod, of course...

April 8, 2009 2:20:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Monday! Woohoo!

It was crazy fun in the beta and im so very happy with the progress!

Lets get this party started!!!

April 8, 2009 2:22:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

id rather have the $5 i overpayed back.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.