The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG] Nightmare AI goes insane

By on April 7, 2009 4:05:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry if this bug has already been reported.

In a few games i have played recently the nightmare AI really used hacks . Tell me how else is possible that -20% slowed down rook clearly outruns me as UB with +15% speed from favor item, +10% boots and +15% from skills. Unfortunately it's not only movement speed, the attack speed and health regeneration(they regenerate about 100-200hp per second making them immune to regular attack and very hard to kill even with combined team&creep&tower firepower) is affected as well. I suppose it is very similar to citadel destruction buff that wining team receives, and this buff somehow leaks to the AIs in about mid game. I can't tell if this affects other AIs than nightmare as i don't play against them.

+1 Karma | 6 Replies
April 7, 2009 6:01:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Of course they do.  Nightmare AI has a significant Money/Xp/Warscore Boost.  Think its like +30% so whilst you have earned 10k, they have earned 30k.  Think of all the items you can get with 20k... 

As far as I can tell the AI (the actual intelligence) is the same in each mode, its just how much of a handicap is given.

April 7, 2009 6:26:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The rook obviously had "wand of speed" which it likes it to get a lot and maybe some other speed+ items

April 7, 2009 6:39:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kristar,
Of course they do.  Nightmare AI has a significant Money/Xp/Warscore Boost.  Think its like +30% so whilst you have earned 10k, they have earned 30k.  Think of all the items you can get with 20k... 

As far as I can tell the AI (the actual intelligence) is the same in each mode, its just how much of a handicap is given.

It's not only that they have more money, so they buy a bunch of artefacts and go slaughtering. For the movement speed i'm pretty sure that this much is not achievable by normal means(as i wrote: UB with +40% movement speed was clearly outruned by rook slowed down by about 20%). Take down a citadel and look how your movement/attacking looks. The attack speed and regeneration is in theory possible, unfortunately i can't tell if they have any artifacts. Point is that they start killing only after this triggers, until then they usually have near zero kills, so their only income are gold mines and creeps.

EDIT: Also it doesn't happen every time. I have been playing against nightmare AI since very beginning of beta and i have seen this happen only about three times. So i don't cry that my ass got kicked(in fact, we have won the last match, but only by holding all portals, the AI was invincible).

April 7, 2009 9:48:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The rook obviously had "wand of speed" which it likes it to get a lot and maybe some other speed+ items

Have you noticed that a nightmare Rook will trigger Wand of Speed before tossing a boulder?

I wonder why he does that? 

April 7, 2009 11:28:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kristar,

+30% would mean 13K not 30K.

+300% would mean 30K.

They get the first one.

April 7, 2009 12:22:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The AI loves to stack speed. I've seen Sedna AIs hit movespeed 11 quite easily.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000204   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.