The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Possible Bug] Kitty Charge Achievement Malfuctioning?

Community help required to confirm!

By on April 2, 2009 11:30:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was hoping to get some feedback on this. Has anyone, thus far, had any particular trouble unlocking Sedna's Kitty Charge Achievement? The achievment in question requires the player to "Kill 7 Demigods in a single game with Pounce"... Now, I only recently emerged from a 2-Vs-4 Domination Pantheon game where I focused my build around the Pounce skill, and general DPS. By the game's end, I racked up 36 kills, and I could've sworn that every second or third kill (if not more) was finished off with a Pounce attack. Yet the Kitty Charge achievement remained dim for me.

The strange thing was that I played the same (or at least a similar) build in the following match, (another Pantheon game, this time in Conquest mode) and I suddenly earned Kitty Charge by my 12th kill, easy. Now, admittedly, I cannot say with absolute 100% certainty that I made more than the prerequisite 7 Pounce-kills in the previous Domination match. It wasn't like I was keeping an exact physical tally with me as the game progressed.

Since I've officially earned the achievement on my account/game now, it looks like I won't be able to perform any further testing on this particular achievement, to properly confirm or deny/claim that it may be functioning unreliably. For that reason, I'm just going to leave this message here, and hope that a few people *cough* *ThisCouldBeYOU* *cough* might be kind enough to perform just a little more testing on this issue, if they feel so inclined.

0 Karma | 5 Replies
April 2, 2009 11:48:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm... But while we're on the subject of Sedna, there's something else that I've been meaning to mention for a while now. As each map initially loads up, prior to a match, the game will always display one of a selection of basic "Tips" relating specifically to your Demigod, correct? Well, one of those relating to Sedna is incorrect. The one I'm thinking of states that "Inner Grace allows Sedna and her allies to use abilities more frequently". Inner Grace doesn't actually do this. It is the Magnificent Presence ability that lowers cooldowns.

Please post in a seperate bug report.  Good catch.

April 2, 2009 1:05:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If that is desirable... Done.

I've removed the quoted data from OP for the purpose of cleanliness, and shovelled it off over here.

April 2, 2009 1:43:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm... I think something similar happens with Rook's 'Let's get Hammered'. I've never counted, but I've played several games I could have sworn should've given it to me.

April 26, 2009 1:43:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can confirm Kitkun that there is something wrong with the "Let's Get Hammered" achievement. In many games with demigods I have played, a lot of them (perhaps all) have at least (I think) one skill related achievement that seem to be unobtainable at the moment. And since I decided to collect all achievement for some of the demigods, this is frustrating to no end.

Actually, I was about to post a thread asking people here about what I did wrong that the game has not given me the achievement but I found this thread first.

In one skirmish, my rook was geared toward boulder roll/hammer slam just to get this achievement and the game did not give me anything after 20 kills with hammer slam (10 by default attack and hammer slam and 10 by boulder + slam) and all of those kills are done by my rook without creeps or any demigods nearby. If the devs can confirm this as a bug, it would put my mind to ease (at least a bit) for it is the game problem not my inability to get the achievement.

April 26, 2009 1:48:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tried to get that achievement a few days ago, and I have the same problem - I killed 14 Demigods with Pounce (I counted) and did't get it. The skill related achievements of the other demigods worked fine.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.