The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Graphics Gone Wild!

By on March 25, 2009 6:44:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, okay so something has happened that has caused Demigod (well, anything running that engine, including Supreme Commander) to go completely crazy. Basically, I load up the game and everything is fine up through the menus but as soon as the game starts... lets just say it looks like the polygons had a night out on the town, got hopped up on acid and PCP, and are nothing thrashing in a mosh pit inside my monitor. I've got polygons stretched all over the place, zigging, zagging, and morphing around left and right to the point you can't even tell what you're looking at other than a jumbled mess.

Now, as I was saying I noticed this problem is effecting SupCom as well, but no other game. Thinking it was a driver issue, I've tried downloading about 5 different versions of the ATI drivers for my Radeon 4870 but nothing so far has fixed the problem. The only other thing I can think of is that I recently installed X3: Terran Conflict, and that including a DX9 install of some sort.

I made a post over on the SupCom boards and someone said it seemed like "Geometry Instancing" was disabled, and that turning it on in the Catalyst Control Center should fix that. Unfortunately, I have no such option in the CCC (Yes, I'm in Advanced mode). Does anyone know how I can manually turn this on, or have any other suggestions on how to fix this problem?

+19 Karma | 2 Replies
March 26, 2009 12:57:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i believe i also did say 'CCC or RivaTuner'.

now that i have an ATI card (got it on Sunday, wewt!), i'll go about finding the proper way of enabling it and post some instructions for future reference.

March 26, 2009 3:18:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi Bullet, and thanks again

I was looking into this trying to figure out why I can't see the option (other websites mentioned it as well).  According to ATI documention:

This option is available for graphics cards later than ATI Radeon 9500 but earlier than ATI Radeon X1300.

Strange, but as I have a 4870 it looks like I fall into the "After 9500 but also after X1300".  So no dice on that.

Hmmmm, this one is really making me scratch my head... which sucks, since 2 of my favorite games are completely out of comission!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.