The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Level Cap

By on March 4, 2009 8:40:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wanted to just throw out there a place to discuss the level cap. I personally liked the cap at 25 better, but thats just what I think, what do you guys think the cap should be at?

0 Karma | 14 Replies
March 4, 2009 9:17:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

would take complete rebalance of trees

id like a higher lvl cap if they added more moves, allowing the same demigods to differ a lot based on build

March 4, 2009 10:18:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like u to just keep on leveing but not gain any skill points.

March 5, 2009 9:01:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with Soccer194.

March 5, 2009 9:49:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well either way theres gotta be a cap, even if it's at like 100.

March 5, 2009 9:50:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Leveling stats are already on the edge of unbalanced with 20 level cap. Do you really want 10k hp Rooks or 1500 dps UB walking around ?

March 5, 2009 10:12:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I want  to have a lvl 25 or more but then it game will be around items since all players can have insanely huge health or dmg or mana or anything else since there are no max stats. If this happens i want more skill created i mean more lvls at each skills so skills wont become useless against 1 million hp demigods. Or put max stats for each demigod

March 5, 2009 10:15:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like it at 20 - forces you to make choices.  Further down the road when they bring more skill lines in they can always increase it a la WoW

March 5, 2009 10:30:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
I like it at 20 - forces you to make choices.  Further down the road when they bring more skill lines in they can always increase it a la WoW

Exactly.  There were fewer choices with the cap at 25.  I originally hated the idea of lowering the cap to 20, but now really appreciate it.

March 5, 2009 11:36:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank god they put level cap down to 20. Definately the best move done by SD/GPG, dont think they got enough credit for it.

Literally every Demigod was the same (skill tree wise) by the end of every game, and players didnt have to worry about which skill points were put into what as they would always have enough points to basically upgrade everything.

As Trigeminal and Ke5trel said forces more decision making.

March 5, 2009 1:05:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[quote who="[AC]DalzK" reply="9" id="2087773"]Thank god they put level cap down to 20. Definately the best move done by SD/GPG, dont think they got enough credit for it.

Literally every Demigod was the same (skill tree wise) by the end of every game, and players didnt have to worry about which skill points were put into what as they would always have enough points to basically upgrade everything.

As Trigeminal and Ke5trel said forces more decision making.[/quote]

+1, lower max level => more builds

March 5, 2009 1:14:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now that i think it  lowering cap would be very good but increase a bit expirience needed to lvl. it is surely better!!

+2

March 5, 2009 6:49:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thats why they could make it so spells effects got increased by a percent everytime u level past 20.

March 5, 2009 6:59:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only thing I don't like about the level cap at 20 is that no one (or at least I never have) chooses those poor powerups at the bottom of the skill tree that just boosts a little of everything. Your forced to choose powers if you wan't to stay alive until it's too late, it feels like a waste having them in there to tell you the truth.

March 5, 2009 7:37:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I use them in certain minion builds with Oak, it can actually be pretty good.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.