The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Suggestion/Interface] Need minion count displayed

By on February 2, 2009 5:40:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As brad recently talked about in the newest dev journal, we need the number of minions displayed.  I think this is necessary particularly for ability minions, such as Yeti, because recasting them occurs even when you have a full compliment and that makes it a mana drain unless you want to count by hand.  I have been playing with this idea for the past couple of weeks and decided to put up a mock up of how a possible ui could look.  If your pros have better idea, of course roll with that.  I just want something small that tells me how many I have, I don't need the HP of each, but if you want to include that, make it a tooltip.  If I roll over the number show,the HP.

If you expand it, please do, you can see the icons on the UI.

As I stated above, the numbers are clearly visible, but small and unobtrusive.  In order to make it work and make things look nice, I had to shift the Yetis to ability 1 and move pounce to ability 2.  What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

Please go easy on the photoshop job, it is my first try.

+89 Karma | 12 Replies
February 2, 2009 6:38:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Perfect. That is EXACTLY what I was hoping it would be.

February 2, 2009 7:11:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks very nice, they could even make it look this way in-game. I think it's very important to have something like this while playing generals to really make the best use of your minions.

February 2, 2009 8:42:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow that is pretty good. +1 karma. I hope they take over your idea. I also like the style you use with Photoshop, I can see it directly copied in the game.

February 2, 2009 10:18:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah it's necessary to see the number of minions, you're totally right.

Nice job for pics and.. as Heavenfall said it would be perfect.

February 3, 2009 12:01:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a good idea, with beautiful presentation. 

Is it me or did you photoshop Portrait Sedna's cleavage too? 

J/K

February 24, 2009 3:08:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree 100%; this would be a huge help. 

February 27, 2009 3:42:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can we please get this feature?

February 27, 2009 4:45:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. We need a way to count our live minions.

April 13, 2009 5:46:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed!

April 13, 2009 6:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice to see the new blood thinks this deserves a look.

April 13, 2009 7:19:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What we also need is Text on the Mana and HP bar. Its driving me crazy having to hover the mouse over it all the time to see the numbers!!!

April 13, 2009 8:56:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And a timer on debuffs/buffs showing seconds remiaingin

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.