The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Netcode still bugged as hell

By on January 19, 2009 12:49:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought netcode would fix the problem but its still hard to join other peoples games or host your own. only lets you join 10% of the time and when u do its takes like 5 minutes of (Trying to connect) then u get in the game and 5 - 15 minutes later someone Desyncs. So much for fixing the netcode.

I would really like to play this game with someone other than comps.

0 Karma | 5 Replies
January 19, 2009 1:38:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They are aware of the problem and working hard to fix it.  Unfortunately this happens in betas.

January 19, 2009 2:22:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know but they said they fixed it   I just wanna have fun with freinds *sniff sniff*

I was all excited for patch and everything *sniff*

January 19, 2009 4:30:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me too, many of us worked with cari_elf this weekend on a new netcode only patch.  From the test we did, we were easily able to connect with her new dll.  The few wo did not connect, she got info on why and will be making a new dll.  This is a big priority, and rightly so, and they are working away.  If cari improves on the dll we saw this weekend, we should have things much more under control.

January 20, 2009 6:24:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

community members working directly with developers; holy shit, i think the world is ending.

January 20, 2009 12:23:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just so you know we worked with her on two more times on Monday.  During that test we had 10 people connected and she got data on everyone who didn't connect.  It took two tries but even worked with firewall and router up for me.  Once it figured out the right setting with the router enabled it worked fin from there out.  If it works this good in game, we'll have some nice tournaments soon.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.