The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG?] Desync/Issues when 3+ people from same connection

Desyncs and other issues.

By on January 5, 2009 2:35:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here's our setup.  3 players on a LAN, two on Vista, one on XP.  We can play the game just fine as long as only two of us are playing at once, regardless of OS.  Add in the third, and problems start arising.

Problem #1 is the desyncs.  Playing with all 3 of us online, from the same internet connection, pretty much guarantees that the game will desync.  It always seemed to be the last person to join the game that would desync, but that may have just been random "luck".  We were unable to complete a game without a desync occuring (compared to NEVER seeing a desync issue when it was only two of us).

Problem #2 is weird connectivity problems when joining games.  Regardless of who hosts, the first person can join the game fine, but the second forever sits on the "Connecting" screen.  When that person finally exits out, those in the game lobby will see a "Player has disconnected" message, (not their name, it refers to them as "Player"). So it seems some initial connectivity is taking place, it's just not fully getting in.

This problem can be worked around by joining the game simultaneously, at the exact same time.  If we count to three and hit Join, both of us get in just fine.  We just later run into the desync issues I mentioned before.

If there's any additional information I can provide, or if there's a way to send in useful log files for this, please let me know.

+19 Karma | 2 Replies
January 5, 2009 3:20:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wauw i can not even get games started with my friends and have tried many many times with tons of different network settings, can only connect with players who are not on same connection as me, and that is also very time demanding because there is a minimal chance that i can join someone or someone can join me.

really hope the network part of this game will get a fair amount of attention soon because i am already addicted to this game and would love to play with my IRL friends

Btw behind router without open ports even tho i read that it should not matter because of this new server thingy in this game

January 5, 2009 4:16:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi glasfod,

I'm behind a router with no changes to ports or NAT entries or the like, but sounds like I'm having better luck than yourself.  If it makes you feel any better, I know the reason they put in only Internet support this phase of Beta is so they can test issues exactly like this, so I think it'll be a lot better before release

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.