The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[SUGGESTION] Ability Damage Items

Ability-based boosts

By on January 2, 2009 4:30:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ability Damage Items

In Beta 1 there were times when, if you had acquired certain combat items, you delivered more damage with regular attacks than you did utilizing special abilities. Now in Beta 2 with such items more reserved in their raw damage bonuses I find myself thinking that it would be very nice to encounter items that do nothing for your regular attacks but that enhance your special abilities. My inclination is a percentile boost to raw ability damage.

An item that adds 10% to Torch Bearer Fireballs, or 20% to Erebus` Mist damage. Stuff like that. The option to combine such with normal effects is there too of course.

This would also help maintain the import of damaging ability usage in the face of aforementioned regular attack boosting; generally, I would not want to see a repeat of Beta 1 circumstances where a Demigod foreswore ability attacks in favour of more lethal regular ones. That said, an idea.

+18 Karma | 8 Replies
January 2, 2009 4:38:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love this.  I definately think there should be items that increase ability dmg.  As you said it keeps the focus on uber-cool active abilities and thus make the game more exciting.  It also adds another all important choice, increase regular attacks or make abilities even stronger.

January 2, 2009 4:51:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I firmly agree. Think of Rook!

January 2, 2009 4:56:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tentatively agree.  It depends on how they are implemented - unique, DG-specific, favor items, etc.  I'm picturing a tight team of five TB all with juiced fireballs or a team of 5 Vamps with +20% dmg mist or something..     

January 2, 2009 7:24:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Imo a sysmtem like WoWs spellpower system is something that will be required for this game before release

The important part is giving the magic users the same endgame scalability as the melee/weapon users, one of the big flaws in DoTA imo, once the mage got rank 5 icebolt for 600 dmg thats it! while the melee blademaster can keep upping his attackspeed and dmg.

January 2, 2009 7:51:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would love to have an active +% and passive +%.

Would love to get an extra few % on passive abilities.

January 2, 2009 8:11:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Items that boosted spells would be great, I think.

January 2, 2009 11:48:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sevenix,
Imo a sysmtem like WoWs spellpower system is something that will be required for this game before release

The important part is giving the magic users the same endgame scalability as the melee/weapon users, one of the big flaws in DoTA imo, once the mage got rank 5 icebolt for 600 dmg thats it! while the melee blademaster can keep upping his attackspeed and dmg.

I disagree whole-heartedly.  Many of the advantages of the spellcasters is indeed not the damage output, but the disable powers.  The ideal is that they are nukers in the beginning but still useful endgame as a result of their ability to stun, slow, silence, etc. 

What this means is that a team full of casters is an early-game powerhouse and late game snooze patrol this is true, but then again, anyone try and play FF1 with only white mages?

Now i'm not saying i'm against this idea, but I also don't believe it is as "required" as Sevenix thinks.

January 3, 2009 1:09:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

great idea

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.