The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Happy New Year!

So it's about 10 minutes left, sue me :D

By on December 30, 2008 5:50:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's about 10ish minutes here in Sweden right now, before the 31th of December (New Year's Eve) kicks off and it becomes mandatory to run around shouting "Happy New Year!" to everyone and their mother, while drinking obscene amounts of alcohol, eating all the food that wasn't eaten on Christmas' Eve, drinking more alcohol, and then blow your fingers off with choice-free explosive.

So I'd like to take the opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year, before I go to sleep and then mysteriously wake up inebriated and forget.

So, Happy New Year!
and as you walk through life, don't forget that

*fires off some fireworks, for good measure*

+131 Karma | 23 Replies
December 30, 2008 5:57:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy New Year, to you as well! I'll be spending the day working sadly, so drink a few for me!

December 30, 2008 6:09:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually, it's Old Year here in Croatia. New Year is tomorrow.

December 30, 2008 6:10:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It's still a bit too early to welcome in the new year where I'm at, but it's never a bad time to give out the best wishes for it!  May your new year be filled with opportunity, good cheer, and the ability to remember it!

December 30, 2008 6:10:50 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

For some reason the picture reminds me of my 1200 mile trip to Texas earlier this year...

But it's all good.

December 30, 2008 8:12:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Zubaz starts drinking early . . . why procratinate?

December 30, 2008 8:40:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

you can always take a trip in the opposite direction of the sunrise  and party new years for a whole day!!!!!

December 30, 2008 9:04:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I probebly won't be online on newyear... So happy newyear everyone!!

Grtz,
Flipkik

December 30, 2008 10:21:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
Zubaz starts drinking early . . . why procratinate?

you are always drinking why is this any diffrent

any way HAPPY NEW YEAR

December 31, 2008 6:28:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

We are in the same timezone so one of us must be TOTALLY WRONG

i do actually count 11 hrs and 30 mins left until New Year...

*edit:*

It's about 10ish minutes here in Sweden right now, before the 31th of December (New Year's Eve) kicks off

Do you crazy swedish really wish a "happy new year" when the 31st arrives? Where is the logic in that?!?!

What do you do at the evening of the 31st towards the 1st of January? Go to bed and do nothing?  Do you wish a happy day-before-birthday too?

December 31, 2008 6:30:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

11h 29m 53s by my count...

December 31, 2008 6:39:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting di55ec7ion,
We are in the same timezone so one of us must be TOTALLY WRONG

i do actually count 11 hrs and 30 mins left until New Year...
I really wish people would read my posts, instead of just the thread title.

It's about 10ish minutes here in Sweden right now, before the 31th of December (New Year's Eve) kicks off and it becomes mandatory to run around shouting "Happy New Year!" to everyone and their mother [...]

It's about 11hrs and 20ish minutes until 00:00 indeed.

*stabs di55ec7ion & The_Regicide*

I wonder if we can get some good, fitting, firework smilies in here. Somehow. I wonder who made the original smilies on the forums. We need to go crack the whip. Also, time to break out all the New Year avatars, people! And party hats! Chop-Chop!

December 31, 2008 6:40:35 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting The_Regicide,
11h 29m 53s by my count...

Yeah lets update this every one of the next 41393 seconds to be exact about the statement...

December 31, 2008 6:48:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Luckman,

before the 31th of December (New Year's Eve) kicks off and it becomes mandatory to run around shouting "Happy New Year!"

Actually here in germany we shout happy new year on january 1st and not 31st of december. You really made my heart stop for a short moment because i had to look on my watch to be sure i did not miss the new years eve party tonight, which would be unbeatable in terms of embarrassment ^^ so - shame on you

December 31, 2008 7:05:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting di55ec7ion,
Actually here in germany we shout happy new year on january 1st and not 31st of december. You really made my heart stop for a short moment because i had to look on my watch to be sure i did not miss the new years eve party tonight, which would be unbeatable in terms of embarrassment ^^ so - shame on you
I can't account for every culture in the world, in these terms, people can only speak from a subjective viewpoint. So eat shit and die in a fire, with your 'shame on you'. It's like how we celebrate Christmas Eve, and Amerikaners celebrate Christmas Day.

Or as if a Chinese would come in here and go "lol durr ur wrong, the new year starts January 26, shame on you, durr". And that's not even accounting for the fact that most won't even be here during the actual swing of the pendulum. So I'm going to go ahead and say a hearty Happy New Year!

Now, off to the goverment controllants and agency for the distribution of alcohol. Yay, go Capito-Marxism!

December 31, 2008 7:23:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Let's party while we can, the dreary everyday life is stalking just around the corner 4 hours untill it's legal to fire rockets, and about 10h untill the new year here.

December 31, 2008 7:30:05 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Luckmann,

Quoting di55ec7ion, reply 13Actually here in germany we shout happy new year on january 1st and not 31st of december. You really made my heart stop for a short moment because i had to look on my watch to be sure i did not miss the new years eve party tonight, which would be unbeatable in terms of embarrassment ^^ so - shame on youI can't account for every culture in the world, in these terms, people can only speak from a subjective viewpoint. So eat shit and die in a fire, with your 'shame on you'. It's like how we celebrate Christmas Eve, and Amerikaners celebrate Christmas Day.
Or as if a Chinese would come in here and go "lol durr ur wrong, the new year starts January 26, shame on you, durr". And that's not even accounting for the fact that most won't even be here during the actual swing of the pendulum. So I'm going to go ahead and say a hearty Happy New Year!

Now, off to the goverment controllants and agency for the distribution of alcohol. Yay, go Capito-Marxism!

Maybe i just did misunderstand you. Here in germany we wish a "happy new year" on the arrival of january 1st. We do wish "a good arrival to the upcoming year" the days before. But "happy new year" is reserved for the next day only. I did not mean to offend you by my post, it was meant humorously. Maybe it really were cultural differences that made this misunderstanding happen. So - happy new year to you.

btw - wishing happy birthday (and maybe happy new year) BEFORE the actual date is said to give bad luck to you here

January 1, 2009 3:43:29 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Well its over 8 hours into 2009 here in England so Happy New Year to you all!

Hope most of you dont wake up with too bad a hangover

January 1, 2009 4:56:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!

January 1, 2009 4:58:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting The_Regicide,
Actually, it's Old Year here in Croatia. New Year is tomorrow.

I never saw any Croatian or Bosnian posting on this forum before (exepct me)

January 1, 2009 9:11:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We are a rare breed. Sretna nova godina!

January 1, 2009 9:59:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Happy New Year!

January 2, 2009 5:19:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting The_Regicide,
We are a rare breed. Sretna nova godina!

lol I tebi!!!

January 2, 2009 5:29:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I no I'm alittle late but happy new year and I love the pic

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.