The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Suggestions] First Impressions - List of desired changes

By on December 28, 2008 4:58:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm new to Demigod Beta 2. I've played several games versus AI players and four games versus actual human players.
Here is a list of some changes that I would like to see.
If the default 'normal' speed becomes the standard for competitive play / tournaments it needs to be upped just a bit. Maybe 15%. 
The balance between spending money on items and spending money on upgrading creeps is way off. The latter is basically the only way to get the game to end. A couple of things could change to make the game way more interesting: 1.) More interesting and more powerful items (leaving the cost the same), or 2.) make the highest level spells a little bit more powerful. 
I must be able to squelch an annoying/abusive player by clicking an 'ignore' button next to his name in a dialog somewhere or by right clicking on his name in the chat text. This would squelch the person forever and not just for this game we are in. 
The game ends before I get to see the opponents citadel come crashing down. It is a little anti-climactic. The victory stuff that covers the screen shouldn't come up until the citadel hits the ground. Also, I would love to see some cool stats after the game is over. Maybe a graph with time on one axis and gold gained or exp gained on the other axis. 
Generals need some work. I guess simply making them weaker while making their minions stronger would make it a little better. I would rather the generals played like an RTS game with building barracks and training minions while daring to get into battle only in the background because if they get too close the assassins will pounce. The Rook's tower-making spell is the perfect example of a spell that should be on a general. 
My computer is kind of old but I feel like I have a decent/nice graphics card and I have plenty of memory. The trouble is that I have a single core processor. The game is only barely playable on the lowest settings for everything. I can play many many great recent games on high settings with no trouble at all. I read in other threads that this game runs great on "low-end systems" so I am a little concerned. 
Good luck.

Edit: I don't know why I can't format this correctly....

0 Karma | 5 Replies
December 28, 2008 5:20:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What are your specs?  This game seems to really need a dual core system, I could be wrong on that though (I only play with everything on high).

December 29, 2008 7:36:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quick but related question: Is this a modified version of the SupCom engine? I remember that SC's engine was extremely CPU limited.

Anthion, could you throw any thoughts on Generals into the Generals 2.0 thread? It gives everyone a single place to look for it

December 29, 2008 9:33:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quick but related question: Is this a modified version of the SupCom engine?

Yes. 

December 29, 2008 9:08:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also have single core and can run on lowest settings only.  I have Pentium 4 2.5Ghz, Radeon X1650, 1gb ram.

It'll be helpful if you run a 3dmark06 benchmark so we can compare.   I have 1440 3dmarks score.

December 31, 2008 4:50:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Blitz64,
I also have single core and can run on lowest settings only.  I have Pentium 4 2.5Ghz, Radeon X1650, 1gb ram.

It'll be helpful if you run a 3dmark06 benchmark so we can compare.   I have 1440 3dmarks score.

These specs are 5 year old at least. Not only do you have a single core, but it's per-clock performance is about 50% or lower compared to current models. You only have 1GB of ram, and your graphics card is the bare minimum.

It's like asking to run a high-end PS3 game on a PS2.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.