The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Port zero !?

By on December 28, 2008 3:07:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I host a custom Internet game, I select « auto port », and I then usually get to host through port 6073.

But sometimes, the auto-port option makes me host through « Port 0 ». Is that a bug ? What does it mean ?

I have to exit the program and come back to be able to host with port 6073 again.

People can join my games through 6073, but I've never seen someone join when I host with 0.

By the way, I can host, but I have never been able to join any game : it tries to connect and never does.

I'm behind a router, with no added firewall.

+5 Karma | 9 Replies
December 28, 2008 3:13:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When Hosting, restart the game completly before. Your port wont be 0 anymore.

December 28, 2008 5:17:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes it is a bug.  As wag stated, to solve this restart the game after every hosted game.  This will likely be fixed in the next week or two.

December 28, 2008 9:11:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks to both of you ! I had guessed that restarting the game was then required, but I was not certain what « Port 0 » meant and if it was a bug. Your replies clarify the matter.

December 28, 2008 9:14:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I get real old real quick though

January 1, 2009 2:46:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is pretty much how it works:

if port == 0 then
                    port = 6073
                end

January 1, 2009 3:31:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chirmaya,
This is pretty much how it works:

if port == 0 then
                    port = 6073
                end

Sorry : I do not understand what you mean by that.

January 2, 2009 5:27:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what (i think) Chirmaya is saying, is; it may say port zero, but it really means 6073.

January 2, 2009 2:59:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yupyup. If you have it set to port 0, then it just uses 6073.

January 6, 2009 5:45:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[b-tagged]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.