The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Compensated Offer] Wanted: Graphic Artist for Logo Creation

Help! I have no real artistic skills....

By on December 28, 2008 11:39:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I need someone that is good with using Adobe Illustrator and has artistic talent. I want to make a company logo for a second business I'm starting and try as I might I can't get the design to look good. The lady looks like a dude always. I simply suck at creating vector and line art stuff even when tracing! The design concept is very simple and should not take more than an hour for anyone with a modicum of talent. If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP.

+171 Karma | 14 Replies
December 28, 2008 11:50:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I realize that this isn't really in the spirit of the topic, but I do have to ask you; What do you work with, and what is this new business going to work with?

Just out of curiosity, feel free not to answer.

December 28, 2008 11:52:13 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Luckmann,
I realize that this isn't really in the spirit of the topic, but I do have to ask you; What do you work with, and what is this new business going to work with?

Just out of curiosity, feel free not to answer.

BEARS.

December 28, 2008 12:35:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Luckmann,

The short answer is that I'm a special contract servant for the corporate machine.

The long answer is that I do training and mentoring for executives and professionals as well as business consulting and teaching intercultural communication. Most of my work is related to preparing Japanese corporate managers, engineers and professionals for grad school in the USA however. If you knew how many PhD proposals, resumes, references, essays and statements of purposes I have written over the past nine years you would cry. On a positive note, "I" have been admitted to the top 10 public and private universities in the USA several times already in various programs but mainly B & L schools.

The second business I'm starting is a new concept entertainment venue. It is a cross between a gourmet café and artsy style jazz lounge bar for midlevel class patrons from the "Silicon Valley" of Japan. I will also be starting a private label gourmet coffee brand as part of the business which I also need a logo designed for as well.

The business I'm starting is a practical exercise in refined frugal entrepreneurship. I'm going to prove to a couple clients that a half million dollar business can be successfully started on $100k and branch into a second one in the current business environment in an economically depressed area with a very high business failure rate. Additionally to make it more intriguing, I will be doing so employing people of limited educational background with no specialized knowledge of the industries in question or generally accepted business practices as primary management and staff.

December 28, 2008 2:42:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Im a Freelance Graphic Designer (and Illustrator) of 20 years experience.

Is this paid work or do you have something else in mind?

December 28, 2008 3:34:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Paid as the title suggests unless you have other ideas.

On a side note, I do happen to have a copy of L4D via Steam I have no plans to use right now and I'm not sure if the person I offered it to wants it - food for thought....

Anyway, PM sent.

December 28, 2008 3:57:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Spartan,
[...]

Additionally to make it more intriguing, I will be doing so employing people of limited educational background with no specialized knowledge of the industries in question or generally accepted business practices as primary management and staff.

OOoh, business opportunity. Where do you want me, and what language do you want me to speak?

December 28, 2008 4:54:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Luckmann,

Oooh, business opportunity. Where do you want me, and what language do you want me to speak?

Ummm... About two kilometers outside of Southwest Tokyo and you should speak Japanese.

December 28, 2008 5:29:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

logoyes.com if you want to create an instant company logo. At least you'd have part of the job done. Although you'd have to pay but you will also be able to buy business cards, and you can trademark your logo. If you want a graphic artist, that would be a whole other story because I do not speak japanese.

P.S. If you would have said 2 Kilometers southwest of Mexico City and speak spanish I would have flown there in a heartbeat.

December 28, 2008 5:43:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the info. I have a very specific concept in mind however. Anyway, given the temperature here, I would be on a plane to Mexico City in a half a heartbeat if a good opportunity presented itself.

December 28, 2008 9:42:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Spartan,
Ummm... About two kilometers outside of Southwest Tokyo and you should speak Japanese.  

Damn! Can't I just scream really, really loud in Swedish, English or Danish? Or even German, but then I won't be entirely sure of what I'm saying.

December 28, 2008 10:34:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Japanese is simple enough. Just scream loudly while attempting to lift your house.

December 29, 2008 1:19:18 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Tamren,
Japanese is simple enough. Just scream loudly while attempting to lift your house.

Got it!

December 29, 2008 2:29:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tamren,

Kyuusen ten wo toppatsu shita yo!!!

January 8, 2009 8:24:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Luckmann,

Quoting Tamren, reply 11Japanese is simple enough. Just scream loudly while attempting to lift your house.
Kyuusen ten wo toppatsu shita yo!!!

lmfao almost made me piss my pants

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.