The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Beta 2 Walk-Thru

By on December 16, 2008 10:53:27 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Beta 2, like Beta 1, is multiplayer only.

We haven't put in the obfuscation yet for the password so don't logon in front of anyone yet.

Beta 2 is about the custom game (which we'll probably rename to skirmishes later).

Beta 3 (January) will focus on the Tournaments.

THIS is the screen where the pain will take place.  We do NOT have the Internet stuff working very well yet.

Let me talk about the issue here so that everyone is on board:

Unlike most games where users try to open up router ports and port forward to a particular machine, Demigod is using Impulse Reactor's CVP (Common Virtual Platform).  What this does is have the Impulse cloud take care of setting up multiplayer games.  This means not having to open ports, it lets people in college dorm rooms play each other as well as others on-line, and eliminates all kinds of other hassles normally associated with PC multiplayer games. Yay.

But right now, it's flakey and slow.  Very flakey and slow.  Yesterday, we did get a good Stardock vs. GPG game going using it. But at other times, I couldn't play someone at Stardock whose machine was 5 meters away. 

So that is what we're working on fixing between now and Thursday's release of BETA 2. But odds are, it'll still be flakey.

Click on the achievement slot on the UI to spend favor points to get persistent items.

Generals have their own minions that are unique to each General but they can also purchase generic minions too.

Don't forget to upgrade your Citadel -- unless you're playing me in which case, don't bother, they're a waste of time and what not.

Suggestion: Make your minions TOUGHER before you add more of them so that you're not just giving your opponent free XP.

Other things to note:

We're still balancing things and will be for awhile. We have only partially implemented the flags and a lot of items are not in the game yet. So stay tuned.

+79 Karma | 36 Replies
December 17, 2008 8:16:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Little confused, will beta 2 have a sinlge player option to play vs AI or is it PVP (player Vs player) only? As screen shots say multiplayer only but you guys here are saying player Vs AI is possible =S

December 17, 2008 8:50:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

from the looks of the screen shot you will be able to do skirmishes vs the AI as you could in the earlier versions, but no real singleplayer mode and you'll probably have to start a multiplayer game and then adding bots.

December 17, 2008 11:48:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,
from the looks of the screen shot you will be able to do skirmishes vs the AI as you could in the earlier versions, but no real singleplayer mode and you'll probably have to start a multiplayer game and then adding bots.

What TBO said.

December 17, 2008 4:54:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good cause I wanna test out demigods first on computer players cause I havnt getten to play it yet. Also Its fun not to be uber pwned by pros.

December 17, 2008 5:58:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unlike most games where users try to open up router ports and port forward to a particular machine, Demigod is using Impulse Reactor's CVP (Common Virtual Platform). What this does is have the Impulse cloud take care of setting up multiplayer games. This means not having to open ports, it lets people in college dorm rooms play each other as well as others on-line, and eliminates all kinds of other hassles normally associated with PC multiplayer games. Yay.

Does this mean that you can't host your own server?

December 17, 2008 6:07:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Servers don't exist in Demigod. It's purely peer to peer.

December 17, 2008 6:16:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DeadMG,

How are tournaments and achievements and such saved then I wonder.. Guess we'll find out.

December 17, 2008 6:20:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ryo2810,

Quoting DeadMG,
reply 6

How are tournaments and achievements and such saved then I wonder.. Guess we'll find out.

All of that is stored on the cloud. 

December 17, 2008 6:25:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ryo2810, the match itself is peer to peer but each players computer still sends to result to some server, thats how it is in most rts actually (with the exception of WiC and Battleforge which have a server-based architecture)

December 17, 2008 10:55:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a question, Will you guys be more active on the forums? Id like to get my butt whooped by Tyo again, and wouldnt mind Frogboy smacking meh around a bit...

December 18, 2008 4:26:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd rather if they were more active in the game than the forums .  Unless it is at GR ofcourse

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.