The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Interview: Demigod Lead Designer, Mike Marr

By on December 8, 2008 1:12:31 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+755

GameSpot has an exclusive interview with Mike Marr, Leader Designer on Demigod.  The video is just over 5 minutes and gives a great insiders look at Demigod.

Locked Post 43 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 8, 2008 2:20:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just ... impressive...

December 8, 2008 2:35:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DEMIGOD FTW

sorry fanboy moment over

December 8, 2008 2:38:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awsome interivew! Like the sound of the multiplayer so far...and the tournament taking place over a few months etc. Sounds like its gunna be great when its done.

Ummm though im a bit worried at the end when he says "these updates/downloadable content will take place over the next year or so afterwards.." Hope that was really vague and the "next year or so" means a lot longer than a year. If you want this game to be successful and competitve we need more than a year of balance updates...like wc3/sc2 (2 most competitive rts games).

December 8, 2008 2:48:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice interview. Can't wait for beta 2

December 8, 2008 2:54:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I thought they all "came" from the same god and they were fighting to take his place

December 8, 2008 2:58:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

He makes me feel old. 

Good interview though!

December 8, 2008 3:01:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Thrawn2787,
I thought they all "came" from the same god and they were fighting to take his place

He must've gotten around then if both a slimy beast thing and a huge walking rock thing are his kids

December 8, 2008 4:22:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't like his voice . Its to feminine for me! No offence

December 8, 2008 6:06:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wtf i posted this vid on dec 5th and no one replied now when they post it everyone comes. Okay im sry just ticked me off. Its just for once I found something out early and was hoping for a decent discussion. I even put in tital plz come and reply. My tital was  New vid from Gamespot its awesome news. someone come and reply here .Also sc2 isn't even out yet.

December 8, 2008 6:09:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
I don't like his voice . Its to feminine for me! No offence

You've named yourself after bovine sodomy, I don't think he'll take any offense from anything you say.

December 8, 2008 6:50:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,
Ummm though im a bit worried at the end when he says "these updates/downloadable content will take place over the next year or so afterwards.." Hope that was really vague and the "next year or so" means a lot longer than a year. If you want this game to be successful and competitve we need more than a year of balance updates...like wc3/sc2 (2 most competitive rts games).

Well, I think the "next year or so" mostly refers to downloadable content like new maps and Demigods.  Balance/bugfix patches usually aren't included when they talk about DLC, or in my experience at least.

I think his voice is normal

@Soccer194: please stop whining.  Some of us check this subforum more often than General Discussion because it is easier to tell if the information is actually new or if it is a repeat, and there is also less junk to sort through.

December 8, 2008 7:44:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know thats why i said sry im just alittle ticked off. I didn't mean to come on so ruff.

December 8, 2008 7:58:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ceylin,

Quoting Cowbuttzex, reply 8I don't like his voice . Its to feminine for me! No offence

You've named yourself after bovine sodomy, I don't think he'll take any offense from anything you say.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

So well done.

December 8, 2008 8:50:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lovin it, CANT WAIT TILL BETA 2!!!

Also. we want more than a year of support, especially for balance fixes

December 8, 2008 8:59:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I kinda took a little vacation for this week for Beta 2. I really hope it is this Thursday or I wasted vacation hours

December 8, 2008 9:19:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tkins,

Quoting Ceylin,
reply 10

Quoting Cowbuttzex, reply 8I don't like his voice . Its to feminine for me! No offence

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

So well done.

Excellent posts. I love a little humor in forums.

December 8, 2008 9:34:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

Quoting Thrawn2787, reply 5I thought they all "came" from the same god and they were fighting to take his place

He must've gotten around then if both a slimy beast thing and a huge walking rock thing are his kids

AAAND to quote "Where do demigods go to die?"

There's one other fun question: if Demigod means "half-god," where are everybody's fully-divine parents? A lot of religious traditions tell stories of randy gods coming down to sow their oats, and we liked the idea that each Demigod was the product of a mortal-immortal coupling. The fun twist, though, is that these Demigods are all fighting to succeed a single fallen god. What makes them eligible to compete? They've all got the same dad! Which of course begs the question: what on Earth did the Unclean Beast's mom look like?

Point proven.

December 8, 2008 10:03:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Unclean Beast's mom was a Queen who was 'visited' by the All Father. The King found out about the baby and, knowing it wasnt his, had his priests curse the kid (I assume he didnt realize the All Father was the...Father). But the curse, seeing as the baby had divine blood, worked too well and the Unclean Beast was born, killed it's mother, father and most of the kingdom.

December 8, 2008 10:08:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

were'd u find that info. Let me guess free time at work but i mean what site. If u could provide a link that'd be nice.

December 8, 2008 10:15:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In game description.

All the other stuff was just videos/interviews/screen shots from all over that I just watch over and over

December 8, 2008 10:19:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wonder how expensive those Achievement Items are? And how powerful they are?

Thanks for the tidbit, Teseer. I wonder, though, why divinity would make a curse more potent?

December 8, 2008 10:22:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is the game description in the beta because if it is im so pissed off. Im totally uninformed because didn't find out about the pre order beta thing untill after the first beta. If stardock doesn't release the beta thursday, im gonna kill some one. Maybe u Teseer.........      U have 1 hour..... lol

December 8, 2008 10:28:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey! I want it released too!

I totally took Friday off work to play more! I'm boned if it isnt released!

Edit: That was a lot of "!"s

December 8, 2008 10:30:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well look at the brightside u won't be alive to feel all bad.

December 8, 2008 10:57:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

True.

Being dead does get rid of a lot of worrying you have to do.

...Or all of it

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001016   Page Render Time: