The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

In awe of the Frog

By on December 1, 2008 5:19:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It had to happen..

The Frogboy appreciation society!

Which other boss of a games company is an active poster on game forums, always appears with the information when you want or need it, and runs a company producing and publishing great games and alike with no anti-customer DRM or alike, and also happens to be a great AI programmer.

Oh and he's giving us frequent journals on a game thats not out for over a year.

Not forgetting the rest of SD of course...

+28 Karma | 31 Replies
December 1, 2008 6:29:51 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Not to take away from either Frogboy or any of the great Budweiser frogs, but Lord British was Da Man in his day, too.  How many game company CEO's  do you know have flown to space?   The guy lives in a castle.

December 1, 2008 10:02:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Have you setup the facebook group yet???

"I love Frogboy"

December 1, 2008 10:33:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

All members of the Frogboy fan club should always put the following icon in all their posts:

As a simple show of devotion. 

December 2, 2008 10:21:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You guys better be careful or you'll blow his head up into EA CEO-sized proportions! 

December 2, 2008 2:11:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well we could also make this an orthodox religion: Anybody who don´t obey the mighty frog is heretic and will be punished.

All hail the frog

December 2, 2008 2:28:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

*cheer* The congregation has arrived...

December 2, 2008 2:45:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Keep doing whadja do Brad 

December 2, 2008 3:32:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Count me in

December 2, 2008 3:54:45 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I tried sending him a friend request on myspace. He has yet to respond to it.

December 2, 2008 3:58:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tetleytea,
Not to take away from either Frogboy or any of the great Budweiser frogs, but Lord British was Da Man in his day, too.  How many game company CEO's  do you know have flown to space?   The guy lives in a castle.

He's also quit the industry to presumably further persue his astronaut interests.  His father was also an astronaut so it explains some things.  The guy's really cool, but a bit eccentric... which in the industry, I suppose just makes him that much cooler.

Still, it speaks volumes about his hubris to always have his in-game avatar as the king/general with a name like Lord/General British.

Or maybe I'm just old fashioned...

December 2, 2008 3:59:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

December 2, 2008 4:02:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

He is very slow about responding to personal things. I sent him a PM over a year and an email the year before that and just two weeks another email at his request no less and still nothing. A busy man he is for sure and it is all about prioritization effective time management. So I would not get my hopes up for a response anytime soon.

December 2, 2008 4:10:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...

... Do I get Karma for it?

December 2, 2008 9:34:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want to be a part of the F.A.C too! Sign me up!

December 2, 2008 9:38:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And there's STILL no fan group on facebook!? WTF!? I'd add the guy as a friend, if I had the slightest hope of him accepting my friend request

December 3, 2008 2:06:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Of course he has no time to talk. He is too busy spawning more awesome in the stardock pool.

December 3, 2008 3:25:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OK - Facebook group exists

Its called "I love Frogboy"

December 3, 2008 5:41:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/331759 - thread promoting said group!!!

December 3, 2008 6:19:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hack78,
OK - Facebook group exists

Its called "I love Frogboy"
Quoting Hack78,
http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/331759 - thread promoting said group!!!
Double-post. Also, was it necessary to make a whole new thread for basicly the same purpose as this one?

Blargh!

Quoting Tamren,
Of course he has no time to talk. He is too busy spawning more awesome in the stardock pool.
Eeeww.. Frogboy did the nasty in the pool?

December 3, 2008 6:26:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sure it was - people might not read this thread.

Also - note the time difference...

And you needed to make your post complaining about my posts larger then my two by quoting them???

December 3, 2008 6:39:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hack78,
Sure it was - people might not read this thread.

Also - note the time difference.
What's with the time difference? Does a thread automaticly gain validation because it's more than 48 hours since the inception of the mother-thread?

Quoting Hack78,
And you needed to make your post complaining about my posts larger then my two by quoting them???
No, but at least I kept it in the relevant thread. We can't go around creating threads for every minor deviating argument that arises in a thread!

That'd be MADNESS!

December 3, 2008 6:50:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sorry - didn't realise you were the thread police...

My bad!!

December 3, 2008 7:30:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hack78,
Sorry - didn't realise you were the thread police...

My bad!!

I'm the Thread Police, the Waaambulance and the Grammar Nazi all in one!
Didn't you get the memo?

December 3, 2008 1:36:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Grammar Führer reporting for duty!

Also, SPARTA.

December 3, 2008 2:07:06 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

You just wait until Frogboy researches Xeno Ethics.

Here is Frogboy if he chooses Good:

Here is Frogboy if he chooses Neutral:

Here is Frogboy if he chooses Evil:

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.