The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Apples or Oranges?

By on November 18, 2008 11:10:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Which one do you prefer?

I like oranges for eating, but apples are good to cook with.  Oranges would be my favorite.

+3 Karma | 15 Replies
November 19, 2008 1:44:07 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Neither. I have no room for fruit here. Fruit spikes my blood sugar levels.

November 19, 2008 2:20:03 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Apples.  Citruis fruit tends to give me wicked cankersores.   

November 19, 2008 2:28:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oranges for the taste, apples 'cuz I don't have to peel them.

November 19, 2008 2:33:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Applesauce and orange juice?

I like them both.

November 19, 2008 7:18:50 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

How about an apple and an orange?

November 19, 2008 8:57:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Honeycrisp apples are teh gold standard.  I can not enjoy any other apples now. 

Oranges are better than candy.  I dig them too.

November 19, 2008 11:20:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fuji apples are the best apples. Oranges are good too, but I'm with Kitkun - no peeling = win.

November 19, 2008 11:24:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

c'mon guys...

we are comparing apples and oranges here...

it's so subjective

(kk, that was lame but I couldn't help but be that guy)

Oranges, because if you peel carefully enough in one ring you can superglue it back together and prank your friends endlessly with your hollow orange...

November 19, 2008 12:00:55 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Oranges are good too, but I'm with Kitkun - no peeling = win.

Meh, who needs to peel? Just grab a good knife, quarter it, and you're set

November 19, 2008 12:02:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

But that's messier once you start eating

November 19, 2008 12:12:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmm...I love baked apples, but oranges are delicious too...but I'll choose apples.

Honeycrisp apples are teh gold standard.

Definitely.  I eat them occasionally even though I have allergic reactions to uncooked apples.  I forget what kind I get from the orchard for baking though. Apple crisp, mmm.

November 19, 2008 12:16:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

But that's messier once you start eating

Hardly, all you end up with after are four chunks of peel

November 19, 2008 12:48:53 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting CariElf,
Definitely.  I eat them occasionally even though I have allergic reactions to uncooked apples.  I forget what kind I get from the orchard for baking though. Apple crisp, mmm.

Weakness identified.  Sending in primary units.  Candied, you're with me.  MOVE OUT!

November 20, 2008 2:04:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Green Apples.

Quoting CariElf,
Hmm...I love baked apples, but oranges are delicious too...but I'll choose apples.

Honeycrisp apples are teh gold standard.
Aww, that sucks. How hard do you have to cook them? Because I love apples in cooking, but they have to be between "raw" and "sloppy", so that they are just so right that they are chewy.

November 20, 2008 3:29:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blood Oranges are actually the only fruit I'll go out of my way to purchase. I make special trips to Seattle's Pike Place Market just to get them. I feel bad that they're often imported from Australia, but hey since they're already there...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.