The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

General Generals.

Whatcha Know?

By on November 7, 2008 6:52:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey all.

I personally cannot wait for Generals to come out. I've tried to get what I could find together so we would have one place for what we know
If I miss anything, let me know.

General Generals:
We've seen the three different types of minions that all Generals are going to be able to use.
"No matter which character you play as, the minions are all the same and come in three basic classes." Source
So, what are they?

Section of Store for Minions
(There are 4 levels of each of the Idols)

Now, we see each of these on the battlefield in THIS video.

Minotaur Captains:
Pic 1
Pic 2

Siege Archers:
Pic 1

High Priests:
Pic 1
Pic 2

We also know (from the same video) that the item itself isn't a one time use.

So it also seems like the different levels of idols increase the number of units it summons.

Name:
High Priest Idol I
Description:
700 Mana, 3 Second Cast, 60 Second Cooldown.
"Use: Summons the least amount of High Priests."

Oak
Oak

Concept Art
Spirit
Oak uses Spirits:
He gains them with a totem he throws on the ground.
The totem has an area it covers and has a chance to convert nearby bodies to spirits.

Activatable Abilites Image
2. Image
4. Raise Dead Ward Image

They showed us a single ability of Oak in THIS video.

Raise Dead Ward I Image
220 Mana.
0.2 Second Cast
10 Second Cooldown
"Oak places a ward that attracts the souls of the fallen. The ward has a 20% chance to Convert a -Cant Read - a spirit under Oak's Control. Oak can have 3 Spirits Active."

Skill Tree: 

Some Ability Names:
Raise Dead Ward (Raises Spirits)
Soul Power(Passive) (Dmg Increase)
Rise Again? (Self Rez? Achievement for 30 in a game is: Resuscitator)
Beneficiary? (Money Gain)

Vampire Lord
Vampire Lord/Lord Erebus:
Concept Art

Vampire
Lord Erebus uses Vampires:
He possibly gains them through Enemy Creeps. GameReplays shows us that he (should) have a 35% chance of conversion.
In the recent
interview, they mentioned that the Vampire Lord gains them through kills.

Activatable Abilities: Image
1.Bite (Single Target Lifedrain) Image
2.Mist Form Ability (Hurt all+left in area) Image
3.Bats?
4.Hand of Extortion? (Steal Mula)

They showed us a single ability of The Lord in THIS video.

Bite III Image
1,000 Mana
Instant Cast
10 Second Cooldown
"Lord Eberus bites a Target, draining 500 health.
For 5 seconds after the bite, the target's armor is reduced by 600 and base run speed is decreased by 60%."

Skill Tree: 

Some Ability Names:
Hand of Extortion (Steal Money)
Soul Stealing? (Bite Attack/Lifedrain)
AE Stun (Passive Proc?)(a Short Duration AE Stun) Image
Mist Form (AE Self + AE Dmg)

It also seems one of his abilities gives him a buff. Never saw anyone else get the buff, but havnt gotten the chance to

Sedna
Sedna:

Concept Art

Yeti
Sedna uses Yetis:

From what I've seen so far, she has a single Yeri summon spell. Image

Activatable Abilities:

Some Ability Names:
Healing Wind
Sanctuary
Abundance
Some Sort of Summon Yeti Ability (1 at a time it seems)

Not a whole lot of info yet

QoT
Queen of Thorns
In Bud / Out of Bud
Concept Art

Ent
Queen of Thorns uses Ents:
From everything we know right now, we watch Ents come out of the ground, and there ALWAYS seems to be a group near QoT.
My guess is she has a spell that summons a group, rather then Sedna and her single Yeti Summon. Image

Activatable Abilities:

Some Ability Names:
Money Tree (Money Making Spell)
Uproot? (Aparently disables/damages structures?)
Some Sort of Passive/Active Boost to Thorns

Pictures:
Image 1
1. The air around QoT seems to be filling with Dark lines and leaves. No guess yet on that ability. Possibly having to do with the lightning in the background?
2. This one I'm only pointing out to show how far away that Ent is. It's possible there's another QoT, but if not it shows that you can order your unique minion (At least QoT seems to be able to). I havn't seen anything else that shows we can. (Ents/Vamps/Sprits/Yetis to be clear)
3. Just pointing out a General Unit.

Image 2
1. I think this to be QoT's standard attack. She's surrounded by Grunts, but only the one marked 2 is getting thrown away.
2. The Grunt thrown into the air, seemingly by the root.
3. I just thought that looked funny.

Unfortunatly, that's all I have on the QoT ATM.

(Comments that enforce being able to order units)

"Unlike the Assassins, Generals are far weaker in direct combat (one-on-one, any Assassin can kill any General) but what they lack in sheer destructive capability they make up for in strategic versatility, particularly the ability to be in more than one place at a time through the agency of their minions."
Source

"Or by splitting off, the player can strike on multiple fronts while leaving his or her General vulnerable to assault. "
Source

"This type of demigod is still very powerful, but its greater strength comes from the units under its command. The character can summon various forms of minions, and give them orders. "
Source

"A general, although less potent on its own, can either focus its minions on a single target, or look to control various parts of the map."
Source

Edit: Confirmed by THIS video, Generals will be able to order units (At least the 3 generic minions) individually.

Thanks to Demigod Guru. I had a list of achivements.
Link

GameReplays shows us in an artical a hint at what some abilities might be!
Link

Working on more. But thats what I got tonight.

+60 Karma | 24 Replies
November 7, 2008 9:04:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very nice roundup, well done.

I mannage to catch 3 abilities of the oak and 2 of the vempire lord in the videos of gamespy and GT-

At 1:00 in gamespy oak use some kind of a wave attack. doesn't seems to do much.

At 0:42 in gamespy oak use the Raise Dead Word ability.

At 0:50-0:54 in GT the oak seems to use a shield ability.

At 1:16 in Gt vempire lord use the mist ability

At 1:29 in GT vempire lord use the bite ability  (you can see the data of the skill in 1:24)

By the look of it so far , Oak is definitely my favorite.

November 7, 2008 10:53:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice work, to you, Teseer

Oak certainly seems like the toughest general, so far, and he does alot of damage.  Probably means his minions aren't as useful, but I like him too...now if only we could be playing with him in Beta 1b, sigh

November 7, 2008 7:49:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very impressive roundup

Yer, Oak looks strong but the wave attack looks kinda weak from what i saw in the vid.

November 7, 2008 10:42:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank guys

Cmon Beta 2! Make this thread obsolete! PUHLEEZE!

November 8, 2008 8:59:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Extremely nice and impressive, please conttinue to add to it.

November 10, 2008 4:32:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Added QoT section. Not much to go on there, but more then Sedna!

Not a lot of new stuff to look at so I'm just waiting to find out more info

December 7, 2008 2:07:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I WANT GENERALS!

December 7, 2008 2:12:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me too. Well i just want to play actually!

December 7, 2008 2:09:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to play QoT and beta 2 itself!!!   Please come out this coming thursday!!

December 7, 2008 3:44:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

where'd u get all this info teseer.

December 7, 2008 4:17:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By having LOTS of free time at work.

December 7, 2008 4:35:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow really nice article/round about. Great job man!

December 7, 2008 4:37:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol Teseer and quick question can regulus fly, he should be able too since he's an angel but since i dodn't have the beta yet I am not sure if he can. Finally are u sure any assasin can beat any general because even if they are on the same level i feel like oak could beat regulus.

December 7, 2008 4:44:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah, this is well thought out and organized, great read to, im gonna watch the General video and play a game or 2 now, haha

December 7, 2008 7:03:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, from what I saw, Oak's main dmg ability seems to be his little streight line wave attack which only did 150dmg. That's about on par with the old Regulus' lvl 1 snipe.

I'm going to guess that Generals have less HPs and do less dmg with abilities. Maybe less auto-attack? Iuno. I think the minions will really even the playing field though. Having like 10 spirits attack (which they seem to attack like Angels, diving down) would definantly make up for the lack of raw dmg abilities.

Regulus can't fly, he had his wings ripped off. (lol) He gains his wings when he uses his Angelic Fury ability for a few seconds and flaps them. And of course, when hes dead

December 8, 2008 11:31:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, from what I saw, Oak's main dmg ability seems to be his little streight line wave attack which only did 150dmg. That's about on par with the old Regulus' lvl 1 snipe.

I'm going to guess that Generals have less HPs and do less dmg with abilities. Maybe less auto-attack? Iuno. I think the minions will really even the playing field though. Having like 10 spirits attack (which they seem to attack like Angels, diving down) would definantly make up for the lack of raw dmg abilities.

Oak looks like the tank general, the same way Rook is the tank assassin.  Vampire Lord is probably the rogue general to complement Beast's rogue assassin.  I'm thinking Sedna is the ranged harrassment type and QoT is the dps caster, but we haven't really seen them play yet.  Point is that when played well and to it's strengths any class and type should be able to beat any other class and type. 

Per Frogboy, Generals are probably going to be a great deal weaker than Assassins in direct combat, to offset their controllable minions. 

December 8, 2008 3:47:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I mean without out creeps I think oak would kill regulus. Regulus seems to do alot better with creeps to defend him. As ke5trel oak's prob a tank general making him great for 1v1. I think though the assasin version of each gamesplay would beat the general version. Like Rook would crush oak in 1v1.

December 8, 2008 9:35:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Until Oak's spirits raise hell!

December 8, 2008 10:33:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have 1 problem with this game. How are Regulus's arrows supposed to hurt Rook. He's a Rock! Secong question what does a dead rock look like.

December 8, 2008 10:55:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Much like a live one.

December 9, 2008 5:59:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well Soccer, Regulus has a pretty big crossbow.  He's basically shooting magical javelins  

Plus Rook is a walking castle with people living inside him. Thick and rocky as his skin is he is still hollow.  Going out on a limb - he probably sustains his power through gently feeding off of the life force of his inhabitants, so if Reg's bolts manage to penetrate the walls and kill the living beings inside he'll directly hurt Rook as well.   

When Rook dies he slowly falls over onto his face.  The animation is really good, basically makes you think of a castle tower crumbling and falling over.  It also hurts anyone who is under him when he falls...

December 9, 2008 6:02:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cool sweet Its good to know that when a bif rock falls on someone their not just gonna keep on walking.

December 19, 2008 5:14:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just for fun, I highlighted what was right and wrong.

December 19, 2008 6:49:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok Teseer

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.