The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

ELEMENTAL is announced!

Stardock's next PC game after Demigod

By on November 4, 2008 11:25:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
+912 Karma | 18 Replies
November 4, 2008 11:43:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love the cell shaded design.  I am looking for more info and will watch this closely.  MoM and X-COM are my two favorite games of all time and I still play them. Nice to see a new remake, I'm hoping for good things from you Stardock.

November 4, 2008 12:44:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I really like the artistic style as well. As I posted in the other thread, it has that 70's fantasy graphic art pen and ink visual quality to it. A very elegant touch if done right to be sure - at least for an old timer like myself. It puts me in mind of the images of Alan Lee, Darrell Sweet & John Howe.

November 4, 2008 1:00:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
I love the cell shaded design.  I am looking for more info and will watch this closely.  MoM and X-COM are my two favorite games of all time and I still play them. Nice to see a new remake, I'm hoping for good things from you Stardock.

Hey, the original X-Com demo had to be one of the most heavily played demos of all in my neck of the woods. The full game only suffered from the Mind Control mechanic later on (bleech...)... I never did finish it. Had a tough-as-nails Major too. 

November 4, 2008 1:58:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm a bit concerened by the system requirements saying "64-bit may not be supported." Unless that simply means that the code will not be 64-bit native,  considering the expected release date that's pretty silly.  I certainly won't be buying it if it won't run on my 64-bit OS and by then an even larger percentage of the market will be running 64-bit, especially as RAM prices get cheaper and cheaper.

November 4, 2008 2:04:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

"64-bit may not be supported." Unless that simply means that the code will not be 64-bit native

Safe bet, seeing how Brad runs Vista64 himself.

November 4, 2008 4:35:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's looking great already, can't wait to see more of it and (hopefully) playing the beta.

November 4, 2008 4:38:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm a bit concerened by the system requirements saying "64-bit may not be supported."

Yeah, that's a misprint. We're actually putting some serious effort into a 64-bit version that allows for some crazy-huge maps

November 4, 2008 4:57:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks potentially interesting .

November 4, 2008 7:06:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting BoogieBac,

I'm a bit concerened by the system requirements saying "64-bit may not be supported."
Yeah, that's a misprint. We're actually putting some serious effort into a 64-bit version that allows for some crazy-huge maps

I knew I blew over $15k on a 64b Godbox for a reason other then a FPS and RT4X title. Bring it on baby! Bring it on...

November 4, 2008 7:52:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

64-bit not only supported but there WILL (as in, it's a design requirement) be a NATIVE 64-bit version.

November 4, 2008 11:57:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Some news reports and updates on EWoM:

• Wired has an article here.
  • Edge has an updated article here.
  • GameSpot has one here.
  • Gamasutra has one here.
  • VE3D has one here.
  • AskMen has one here.
  • VG247 has one here.
  • LockerGnome has one here.
  • GamersHell has one here.
  • GameStats has one here.
  • Digg has a pimp here.
  • N4G has one here.
  • WorthPlaying has one here.
  • GameZone has one here.
  • EvilAvatar has a pimp here.
  • Joystiq just publised an article here.
  • Shack does one here
  • GR has a shell here.

It has also been posted about on dozens of gamer forums that I know of and many blogs to boot! It seems the word is out and gaining lots of momentum within the gaming community and beyond.

November 5, 2008 12:33:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Spartan, nice job on the news.

This game has a sweet art style, and i like the fact that you are making a turn based strat in a gaming environment where RTS' roam like giant dinasaurs across the arid environment of PC gaming shelves, dominant without strong resistance. Not that i dislike RTS' . But no one is making any good turn based starts anymore

November 5, 2008 4:48:21 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Pre-order placed. Looking forward to the game

Morten

November 5, 2008 5:57:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ok I'm sold.  

November 5, 2008 7:00:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Spartan: Thanks for that news roundup!!!  I've been scouring the internet, and I can't beleive that I missed around 7 on your list!  Gotta love good press

November 5, 2008 9:12:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Orkimond - Thanks man. Shoot show some karma love brother. It will be eventually be good for something methinks.

@BoogieBac - No problem. I come across the stuff while doing work for clients. Hell I used to be able to post in the news section all the time but since the forum update I can anymore. I guess I'm just not worthy. Anyway, I came across a few more but I have not had time to check them out yet. I have to jet to the hospital my son is getting out of surgery soon. I'll post them when I get back.

One last thing before I go - for your news section I would ad categories such as blog, review, article, interview, forums -etc... I will then organize the sources if you like.

November 5, 2008 9:47:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gah!

Stardock, you really need to stop announcing games that look awesome.

Actually, scratch that. The more things you guys put out, the more I can stop buying non-Stardock-published games.

November 8, 2008 12:54:46 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

64-bit not only supported but there WILL (as in, it's a design requirement) be a NATIVE 64-bit version.

Awesome, can we also expect 64bit optimizations?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.