The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Framerate and performance problems

By on October 3, 2008 10:47:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been having problems with my fps in beta 1a.  Upon starting a new game, everything goes very smoothly for the first minute or so, but around the time when my first wave of monsters meets up with the other team's, the framerate plummets.  I'm not sure if it's something that is just happening at around that time, or if the problems are somehow caused by the fighting.  It gets bad enough that it's hard to play.

It's happening on both waterfall and mine, and occurs even if I play alone against 1 ai demigod.

Does anyone have any idea why this is, what can be done about it, or what other information they would need to find out?

+2 Karma | 10 Replies
October 3, 2008 11:08:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is the frame rate drop?  From what to what?

What are you system specs?

Please post your dxdiag.

October 3, 2008 12:07:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The framerate for me has significantly dropped as well. Im runnin Quad core 2.4, 3 gigRAM, 256 8600GT . It may be because of too many triggers are happening or commands. It seems that the framerate goes back up when i zoom out because less of the action is being seen. ALso some of the artifacts cannot be bought .

October 3, 2008 1:41:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Framerate dropped on my system too

Q6600 @ 3.3Ghz

4GB Ram

Radeon HD4850

There's no way my computer wouldn't handle this game smoothly unless there is optimization problems or bugs.

October 3, 2008 2:09:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The lava map is slowing down to -5 to -8 after a while (15-20 minutes), the waterfall map works fine although there are more units. I still have around 40 fps, sim speed is the problem.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 (2,13GHz), 2GB RAM

X1950 Pro (Asus, driver version 8.9)

Windows XP 32

PS: maybe it has something to do with the stuck units. I had a bunch of giants stuck between the towers and it got worse the more units got stuck there...

October 3, 2008 2:58:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I chatted with him online last night, and his issue is not related to the stuck units sim speed issue.  It sounds like he is just have a huge drop in frame rates, at least how he described it.

October 3, 2008 3:15:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, it happens way too early in the match for it to be related to the stuck ai units issue.

October 3, 2008 10:21:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here's what DXDiag says:

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but on the DirectX Files tab it has a little triangular exclamation point icon next to d3d9d.dll, and it says at the bottom under notes:

The file d3d9d.dll is a debug version, which will run slower than the retail version.

My video card is an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT, and I updated the drivers for it just last month.

It was running pretty well in beta 1, but in 1a these framerate issues have shown up.

October 5, 2008 3:41:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, a few more things to add to all of this:

First of all, sometimes when the framerate gets bad the sound gets kind of fuzzy or staticky if that makes sense.

I've noticed that the problems seem to occur when there are more units on the screen or in the game.  If there's a big group of enemies, and I kill them all, the framerate picks back up again.  The thing is that the groups that cause these problems aren't very big still.  Maybe two waves from the portal is enough to make things all choppy.

At the end of my last room my computer actually blue screened, which is obviously a significant issue.  Are there any logs I can send in to get this looked at?

October 5, 2008 6:33:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you remember the dll or process the caused the blue screen it'd be very helpful

Which OS do you use?

Windows do store memory dumps during blue screens, and you can get debuggers to load the dump up and check which dll caused the problem

October 5, 2008 8:55:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting AnnihilatorX,
If you remember the dll or process the caused the blue screen it'd be very helpful

I don't, unfortunately.  If I see that happen again I'll get that information.

Quoting AnnihilatorX,
Which OS do you use?

Oh, my mistake, I thought I had already put that down.

I'm using Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.

In C:Windows\Minidump I only saw one file, and it was from 2007.  Is there another place where that dump might be?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.