The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

IGN - Building a Demigod

By on September 25, 2008 6:10:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

A new blog entry has been added at IGN from Dru Staltman and Nate Simpson, discussing the creative and engineering process of Demigod creation. An excerpt:

"...he didn’t just need to wear the towers, he could BE the towers. Even as the first sketches poured out, this character cried out to be a playable Demigod. We pushed it as far over the top as we could – I’m pretty sure I was joking the first time I put a trebuchet on the character’s head, but once it was in the drawing there was no getting rid of it. Overkill was the order of the day, and the Rook ended up with… well, adequate armament."

- Servo

+4 Karma | 12 Replies
September 25, 2008 6:43:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it seems more like a journal from GPG then people from IGN

September 25, 2008 6:55:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope to see more cool features like being made out of towers for other characters. When I first played the rook and saw his shoulders and head actually come to life... that was a "woah..." moment for me. It feels great that they're completely automated on targets that you're not even fighting. Walking through a crowd just looks so intense.

September 26, 2008 10:17:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting strikersgun,
it seems more like a journal from GPG then people from IGN

It is from GPG, it's just hosted at IGN. IGN runs a blog space for devs to post about their games.

September 26, 2008 12:52:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

seems pointless

September 26, 2008 2:08:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting strikersgun,
seems pointless

Marketing - not everyone who might be interested knows about the game or keeps coming here to check out info. Lots of gamers see IGN tho on a day-to-day basis.

September 26, 2008 2:23:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea but i dont see anything about demigod on the front page of the pc section

September 26, 2008 3:11:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting strikersgun,
yea but i dont see anything about demigod on the front page of the pc section

Yes but people may look for Demigod on IGN and see that, and those same people may never go to the Demigod official site and read the journals on the forums there

October 2, 2008 7:46:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What are the creatures in the 2nd photo?  It looks like trees that may be part ogf the "plant general girl's" army.

October 2, 2008 10:18:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they are

October 4, 2008 10:39:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
What are the creatures in the 2nd photo?  It looks like trees that may be part ogf the "plant general girl's" army.

They are called Ents in most of the hidden beta images and files.  They are the Queen of Thorns's General units.

October 4, 2008 1:39:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

did anyone check if theres new hidden files in Beta 1-a folder yet?

October 4, 2008 2:20:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't seen anything new, just the old stuff, but there could be some hidden away somewhere.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.