The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Long threads breaking forums

Just me?

By on September 19, 2008 7:59:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Some really long threads seem to cause the forum to just cut off.

+175 Karma | 6 Replies
September 19, 2008 8:35:04 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I can see the entirety of the thread in IE7. Conversly we've had similar type issues with IE7 when people have posted MS Word generated posts containing bad html. With IE7 I've gotten exactly the same thing as shown in your screenshot.

I'm assuming that you're using a different browser since IE7 doesn't seem to be the problem in this case.

September 19, 2008 8:46:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is actually a bug with firefox. It's been in their reporting system for a few versions now. After a certain number of pixels, they cease rendering of an element. Conversely it effects elements 'under' the problem element. I would have thought that they would have fixed this for version 3 but I guess they didnt. When I get a moment I'll try to find a link to the BugZilla entry if youre interested in reading it.

September 19, 2008 9:40:03 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Here.

I actually posted there a year ago, but the devs don't particularly seem interested. 3.0 came and went, and now people are praying for 3.1. Who knows, maybe the flood of dupes and testcases will wake them up.

September 19, 2008 9:44:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

THANK you. I've been looking for that bug entry all morning.

September 19, 2008 3:35:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll bug them then.

September 19, 2008 3:43:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

you sure it's not just a problem with someone wearing an extra long pair of pants (you know , past the heel of your shoe, and the cuff at the end of the pant leg gets all ripped & distressed...),

- sorry I couldn't resist

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.