The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Statistics in Demigod

By on September 10, 2008 12:47:58 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image One of the things the Gas Powered Games team is working on is the end-game screen. At the end of a match (as well as in-game in real-time to a lesser degree) players are going to want to see statistics on how each player did.

One of the things we've been playing around with is having achievement points be based on how many categories you led in.  In this way, the statistics aren't just interesting, they become part of the game play itself since achievement points are what help you become victorious in the overarching scheme of things as well as allowing you to purchase ever superior persistent items.

We're hoping to release beta 1-A in a week or two that will include things like more strategic elements to the maps, potentially a new Demigod to play with, and a number of new gameplay changes.  I think people will be surprised at how quickly these betas will improve the game play and "fun" factor of the game. Stay tuned.

+912 Karma | 81 Replies
September 25, 2008 8:33:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im guessing u killed another 1 right?

cause empty threats dont work

September 25, 2008 10:35:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry, went shopping, just got home.

*feeds cookie to tank full of pirahnas*

September 26, 2008 12:53:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i assume u soaked it in blood cause they wouldnt touch it otherwise also whats todays method

September 26, 2008 8:22:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*ties cookie to brick and throws it through Stardock window*

September 26, 2008 10:09:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thats just vandalism and it didnt kill the cookie u just gave a Stardock employee his snack

September 26, 2008 10:14:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ever tried to put a cookie back together after it gets squashed into the floor by a brick that just got thrown through a window?

September 26, 2008 11:00:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why put it back togeather when u can just eat them in pieces

September 26, 2008 11:01:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's still a dead cookie.

September 26, 2008 11:02:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

true enough

September 27, 2008 12:14:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BulletMagnet,
why is it like that? well software engineers, like all engineers, spend most of their time drinking and leave real work to the week after (trust me, i am one).

no body expects the the killer-hangovers and engine-level issues that need huge workarounds. and then there's QA... hold on, this isn't THQ. lol.

I second that remark ... and I represent that one too ...

September 27, 2008 8:05:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For the love of all cookies everywhere, please Frogboy, make Kyrein stop! I'm generally not one to promote giving into terrorism, but they are just innocent cookies! I can't stand to think of all those widowed glasses of milk; the travesty of the orphaned icecream.

the horror.... the horror.....

September 27, 2008 8:28:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i know frog if he started killing people its not as bad but for the love of god its COOKIES dont harm the COOKIES!!

September 27, 2008 9:43:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*pours petrol on cookie and sets it on fire*

September 28, 2008 8:18:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*puts cookie in glass of milk and leaves it there for 6 hours*

September 28, 2008 8:51:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont think they care about the cookies anymore....those monsters

September 28, 2008 10:01:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blasphemy.

September 29, 2008 5:21:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Monsters indeed!

How could they not feel pity on the poor precious cookies; especially the turtle ones, with the caramel and chocolate and and and…

The blatant disregard for cookie safety in this forum is completely uncalled for. Violence against cookies is just mean man! Stop this injustice. As the good book says, “love thy cookie”…. Or was that “add two eggs and mix well”… damn you Toll House!

~frogpills

September 29, 2008 8:39:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*straps cookie to firework and sets it off*

September 29, 2008 10:10:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they still sell fireworks or are those the ones u forgot to set off during victorias day

September 29, 2008 10:32:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Clearly this thread is now slightly derailed.  To bring it back on topic, I was wondering when we might see the new beta?  Any update frogboy?

September 29, 2008 10:35:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if ur asking about the new beta then we arent derailed at all the whole killing cookies was about forcing them to releasing us or else cookies die and apparently its not working

September 30, 2008 12:55:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ahhh....         I was really confused. 

Anyways, yes I WANT the new beta NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 30, 2008 2:47:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, you want the beta NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it right.

September 30, 2008 3:23:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are both wrong, i want the beta then!

September 30, 2008 4:20:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BETA 2 NOW! OK ?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.